joined 30 Dec 04
Posted - 12 Jan 2007 : 12:43:40
Cheap way to get into a National Series....
Trophy Class Guidelines
1. Round entry fee will be $950* per vehicle. A registration fee of $500 will be required ($250 for registration after rd 4).
2. CAMS and the PCAA reserve the right to decline any vehicle deemed to not be within the spirit of this class or within the general rules of the 2007 Championship
3. Subject to para 2 above, the class is open to any cars that have a record of competition in the APCC or the GT Production Car Series and have raced since January 2002 and are not on the current eligibility list for the 2007 season
4. All Trophy Class vehicles must comply with their previous racing weight at the time they last competed in an APCC or a GT Production event together with a minimum 25kg (50kg for SP class) weight penalty, which may be reviewed and adjusted on a race by race basis based on the vehicles performance.
5. In all other areas the cars must comply with the rules pertaining to that vehicle at the time of their last race event.
6. All Trophy Class vehicles must comply with current signage requirements.
7. Points will not count towards the 2007 Australian Production Car Championship outright or class points scores.
8. Round by round trophies for the class will be in two (2) groups, SP class, and all other classes. Each round trophies will be awarded on the following basis: Up to 5 competing vehicles at a round will receive a 1st place trophy. In the event of there being more than 5 vehicles competing 1st & 2nd will be awarded. Points for end of year trophies will be calculated on 5pts = 1st, 4pts = 2nd, 3pts = 3rd, 2pts = 4th,1pts = 5th and all other finishers at each round during the year.
9. Only Trophy cars that have forced induction (turbo /supercharged) are required to have MSE data logging system fitted and operational for boost monitoring.
10. In the scratch race the Trophy Class will start as per their qualifying times alongside their other respective class vehicles.
11. In the handicap races the Trophy Class vehicles will take their place in their respective class in accordance with the 2007 format.
Note; * subject to round by round garage/carport charges
More info at www.pcaa.com.au