No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Tennis
 Who is your mens pick for the open?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stucar17
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
781 Posts
joined 23 Mar 07

Posted - 19 Jan 2009 :  13:01:42  Show Profile Send stucar17 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
OK, who is your pick for the open in 09?

I think that it will be a Nadal, federer final again. I think that Djokovic isnt as confident as he was at the start of last year, and the weight of expectation could get to Murray.

Fed is fit again after last years illness, and nadal is just the best grinder in the world at the moment.

For me ..FED in a close one, chasing the number 1 again....

Also keep an eye on a young aussie by the name of Sam Groth. First year in the main draw, as a wild card, so really hoping he does well. Got Mardy Fish in the first round though so will be tough....

Choices:

Nadal
Federer
Murray
Djokovic
Tsonga
Other

(Anonymous Vote)

Im fat because every time i shag your missus she gives me a cookie!

BiggesteverTasmanfan
Team Manager

Australia
2127 Posts
joined 09 Dec 07

Posted - 19 Jan 2009 :  13:52:52  Show Profile  Visit BiggesteverTasmanfan's Homepage Send BiggesteverTasmanfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm voting for another, and that another is Ernests Gulbis of Latvia. He knocked out Djokovic in Brisbane and he will be the future world No.1.

Thanks Jase for being a wonderful HERO. You will be sadly missed. 10/4/76 - 15/12/11

#58 and #77 - forever in our hearts and memories.
Go to Top of Page

Lowndes_is_Legend
#1 LOWNDES FAN

Australia
1270 Posts
joined 29 Dec 06

Posted - 20 Jan 2009 :  02:17:04  Show Profile  Click to see Lowndes_is_Legend's MSN Messenger address Send Lowndes_is_Legend a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gotta be Federa for me. I have a feeling that Hewitt is gonna creep into the Semi's. Baghdattis is going to be strong again he is a crowd favourite and he loves Australia. As for Djokovic i reckon he wont make Semi's let alone finals confidence wise he isnt the best but he has been talking himself up and i dont think he himself believes in what he is saying. Andy Roddick is someone to look out for killer serve and he is in shape again. Safin is another one to look for his last Australian open he is here to show why he won it in 2005. Im hopig after tonights showing that Bernard Tomic will do well from what ive seen he should be top ten in the next 2 years.
Go to Top of Page

stucar17
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
781 Posts
joined 23 Mar 07

Posted - 20 Jan 2009 :  09:24:43  Show Profile Send stucar17 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hewitt is definately a sleeper, but he doesnt have enough weapons in his game to hurt the guys in the top 5 anymore. Its a shame because from an industry point of view we need him to get people back on the courts.

Not so sure that Tomic is the man to do it either.....he had a good win yesterday, but only just scraped through. Some of the guys i talk to dont think he hits the ball heavy enough to really mix it with the guys in the top 10. I know he is only 16, but for a kid who is 6'2 he doesnt really rip the ball as he needs to to compete against these guys. I really hope though, he doesnt go the same way as todd reid, talked up early as the next great hope, have a few good results, then fall faster than a stone from a plane, never to be heard from again.

Im fat because every time i shag your missus she gives me a cookie!
Go to Top of Page

BiggesteverTasmanfan
Team Manager

Australia
2127 Posts
joined 09 Dec 07

Posted - 20 Jan 2009 :  21:31:08  Show Profile  Visit BiggesteverTasmanfan's Homepage Send BiggesteverTasmanfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
See ya later Lleyton... (cough, cough)

Thanks Jase for being a wonderful HERO. You will be sadly missed. 10/4/76 - 15/12/11

#58 and #77 - forever in our hearts and memories.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds.