V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Who Will Beat Or Come Close To Murph's Record?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

AmusedOne

Australia
1935 Posts
joined 17 Jul 06

Posted - 06 Oct 2009 :  16:56:30  Show Profile Send AmusedOne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As the track conditions are vastly different this year to wheh Murphy did a very fast qualifying lap, this is a pretty pointless thread.

Maybe a better question to be asking is who will beat Murphy's qualifying time that he achieves in 2009??

Honda V-TEC..... all the turbo lag, without a turbo!!!!

Microsoft Windows Female version 'File not found - should I fake it?'
Go to Top of Page

Murph51Fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
4741 Posts
joined 21 Jan 06

Posted - 06 Oct 2009 :  18:44:20  Show Profile Send Murph51Fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karter

Badly. And less engine revs, no lightweight internals, etc etc... there are reasons the record has stood for so long.

Don't forget he bet everyone by a second on the day too
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
12388 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 06 Oct 2009 :  18:52:53  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Got to love Tals blind faith.

In 03 we had a freshly resurfaced track, more downforce, whatever brakes you wanted to use, lightweight engine internals and commodore hybrids. Which at the time amounted to 3 or 4 different variations.

No doubt it was a good lap but i'm over all the hype of it.
03 Murp and Kelly were unbeatable. They jagged 04 with Radisich leaving the 888 ****box in a position that bought out the safety car that dropped it into their lap at the perfect time and virtually won them the race.
Murp has done jack **** since and that lap seems to be the glory moment of his fans.

Time he actually won something again so the fans have something else to talk about.

Pole = James Courtney

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

Australia
5955 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 06 Oct 2009 :  18:56:37  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
As the track conditions are vastly different this year to wheh Murphy did a very fast qualifying lap, this is a pretty pointless thread.

Also remembering that Murph was over 1 second quicker than anyone else that year in Qualifying!!!

quote:
this is a pretty pointless thread.

Why? Frosty was very close in 2007 with a 2:07.0908, so it could be beaten this year!!

Edit:
quote:
They jagged 04 with Radisich leaving the 888 ****box in a position that bought out the safety car that dropped it into their lap at the perfect time and virtually won them the race.

Here we go again...making excuses for Fords loss. No ifs or buts in motorsport, if Lowndes didn't tap Murph last year, Murph would have won...how do you like that!!

Edited by - murph_fan51 on 06 Oct 2009 19:02:07
Go to Top of Page

Rory
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
575 Posts
joined 16 Mar 09

Posted - 06 Oct 2009 :  19:04:52  Show Profile Send Rory a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I voted for Jamie Whincup simply because he's been the fastest man all year. But honestly, I don't care who beats Murphy's record, as long as it's beaten.

Edited by - Rory on 06 Oct 2009 19:05:36
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
12388 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 06 Oct 2009 :  19:27:34  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51

quote:

Also remembering that Murph was over 1 second quicker than anyone else that year in Qualifying!!!

quote:
this is a pretty pointless thread.

Why? Frosty was very close in 2007 with a 2:07.0908, so it could be beaten this year!!

Edit:
quote:
They jagged 04 with Radisich leaving the 888 ****box in a position that bought out the safety car that dropped it into their lap at the perfect time and virtually won them the race.

Here we go again...making excuses for Fords loss. No ifs or buts in motorsport, if Lowndes didn't tap Murph last year, Murph would have won...how do you like that!!

Hey soldier don't you blokes start we've been hearing the whole ****ing book of excuses from you blokes and Murp since

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

COPTZR
BANNED

216 Posts
joined 22 Sep 09

Posted - 06 Oct 2009 :  19:28:21  Show Profile Send COPTZR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I doubt the record will be beaten, as others have said the series is very different to what it was in 2003.

I do think we'll see Skaife qualify car 51, given his form from Phillip Island.

"If you read one publication, its time for us to hit the panic button, but if that was the case, then FPR should have done that about three years ago, - Garth Tander.

"Not Bad for a number 2 driver" - Mark Webber to his pit crew, after winning the British GP.
Go to Top of Page

Tripple_8_Biggest_Fan
V8 Champion

Australia
915 Posts
joined 03 Nov 07

Posted - 06 Oct 2009 :  19:32:18  Show Profile Send Tripple_8_Biggest_Fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by murph_fan51
No ifs or buts in motorsport, if Lowndes didn't tap Murph last year, Murph would have won...how do you like that!!

Murphy left no room.

Interesting People think JC will knock the record of i think JW will.

Craig Lowndes & Jamie Whincup Are The Best Drivers In V8Supercars
Go to Top of Page

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3226 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 06 Oct 2009 :  19:44:10  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
James Courtney is racking up a fair few votes..

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
4891 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 06 Oct 2009 :  20:11:20  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

quote:
Originally posted by v8fan

The truly great thing about Murph's lap was that it was about a second faster than Bowe's time in 2nd, which prior to Murph's lap was an absolute cracker in itself. So even if it does go, I doubt the lap will stand up as one of the truly great qualy laps of all time, as Murph's lap does now. Furthermore I must say that I am stoked that I was on the mountain that Sat arvo in 2003.

No, that's just your wishful thinking.

Whoever breaks the record will have to do a ripper lap and they'll go in the books as the fastest ever around Bathurst regardless of the personal sentimentality you feel having been there for Murphy's qualifying lap in 2003.

In order to insult me, I would first have to value your opinion.
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3125 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 06 Oct 2009 :  20:40:35  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was going to go Frosty or a chance of Jason Richards upsetting the trend. Cant vote for them, but put it forward here anyway...

Go to Top of Page

ASH_03
Team Manager

Australia
1947 Posts
joined 26 Oct 08

Posted - 06 Oct 2009 :  21:41:24  Show Profile  Click to see ASH_03's MSN Messenger address Send ASH_03 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Courtney or possibly Winterbottom, but then FPR will get caught up in the hype of it and screw up the race under the pressure

Winterbottom | Davison | Reynolds | Holdsworth | Ambrose | Keselowski | Kahne | Larson | Force | Power

http://www.facebook.com/AshMediaSpeedwayFootage

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

dmanvan
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
696 Posts
joined 03 Dec 03

Posted - 07 Oct 2009 :  09:30:22  Show Profile  Click to see dmanvan's MSN Messenger address Send dmanvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Got to love Tals blind faith.

In 03 we had a freshly resurfaced track, more downforce, whatever brakes you wanted to use, lightweight engine internals and commodore hybrids. Which at the time amounted to 3 or 4 different variations.

No doubt it was a good lap but i'm over all the hype of it.
03 Murp and Kelly were unbeatable. They jagged 04 with Radisich leaving the 888 ****box in a position that bought out the safety car that dropped it into their lap at the perfect time and virtually won them the race.
Murp has done jack **** since and that lap seems to be the glory moment of his fans.

Time he actually won something again so the fans have something else to talk about.

Pole = James Courtney

+1 ...... good points although, not sure about courtney this year , I think any of the guys who can string through an incident free lap as well as not get rookies in the way, could do it, who-ever it is could be the end of Murph.

Go to Top of Page

Shiny1
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
458 Posts
joined 30 Jul 09

Posted - 07 Oct 2009 :  09:36:36  Show Profile Send Shiny1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I looked for RD in the poll as he has beaten Murph for comments, than re read the topic and realised I was not at the right place. I will go with Mark Winterbottom on this one.
Go to Top of Page

Grouchy
Pit Crew

149 Posts
joined 08 Jun 06

Posted - 07 Oct 2009 :  10:29:09  Show Profile  Visit Grouchy's Homepage Send Grouchy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The sandtrap that has been bitumened will IMO make the times quicker and the record be broken. The cars can be much more aggressive over skyline now cause if they brake too late they can still pull it up on the new bitumen area instead of bouncing through sand as in previous years.

Courtney will get pole and break the record
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2014 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.95 seconds.