V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Who Will Get The HRT Drive?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tals
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
278 Posts
joined 12 Jan 09

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  06:25:37  Show Profile Send Tals a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
With news of James Courtney looking good to sign with FPR with Pepsi Max backing the 22 seat at HRT becomes the question? Many on here are picking young guns but I'm not to sure if HRT will persue with option for 2011. Team Vodafone seem to have taken the Holden favorites tag right now and Garth Tander is the only driver who is keeping them at a certain level, the rest which includes Will Davison, Fabian Coulthard and Andrew Thompson have done nothing but occupy seats at Walkinshaw, all 3 drivers are sitting pretty poorly in the overall standings.

No doubting that merchandise sales must be lower plus moral at the team might not be as good. I really think that Greg Murphy may help the team form a better combination on and off the track. He has the experience, name and professionalism to do a good job for HRT, he has a good relationship with many guys at the Claytons, he has a good friendship with Garth Tander and the key thing is his tireless efforts in helping promote the Holden brand in Australia and New Zealand,

I personally don't see this one experienced and one up and coming driver thing working at HRT, I think they need to get 2 seasoned guys working together to make sure that both HRT cars are at the front of the field.

I recall either the SMH or Daily Telegraph talking about James Courtney's HRT move and this was reported a day or 2 after Greg announced his departure from PMM. coming from Holden Motorsport is stated that James Courtney was first priority but Greg was in the ranks.

I don't take any notice of this crap about Murphy being outdated and past his best, he put in a solid effort from Practice to end of race Sunday at Tassie and that's more then enough to warrent him a drive with HRT.

Simon McNamara has stated that Murph will be driving a Holden in 2011 but again didn't speculate on weather it would be full time or as an Enduro. Murph won't be an Enduro driver in my opinion, Holden themselves would recognize the importance of having the Murphy presence in the sport full-time.

I see it panning out with Garth and Greg in HRT cars and Fabian to continue his Bundy duties, makes sense also to have Murph and Fab working together in some form plus both are left foot breakers so there is always the ability to compare data between Greg and Fab to help improve the bundy cars.

Choices:

Fabian Coulthard
David Reynolds
Greg Murphy
Other

(Anonymous Vote)

ENews First
Pit Crew

Australia
106 Posts
joined 28 Oct 09

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  06:31:04  Show Profile Send ENews First a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Can't fault what your saying there Tals, some very valid points there and it does make sense for HRT to have 2 experienced drivers. 888 will be strong again next year and I'm sure that on their mind as we speak.

I like the theory behind Coulthard and Murphy working together aswell

Would be good to see Murphy racing for HRT, I'm confident that he would make a good fist of it.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
12208 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  06:44:42  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Murph has been sacked by HRT already so cant see him back there, plus even tho love him he hasnt exactly achieved much in recent years even in top line machinery

FORD Bathurst champs 2013
Go to Top of Page

ControlFreak
Pit Crew

Australia
117 Posts
joined 01 May 07

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  06:57:32  Show Profile  Visit ControlFreak's Homepage Send ControlFreak a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Which 'top line machinery' was this Tricky? Last decent car he drove was the kmart in '04 as far as I can remember.
As much as I don't really like HRT much I would be pretty damn pleased to see Murph in a factory Holden.
It would be nice to see him see out his full-time career in the team that gave him his first start.
Merchandise sales would be huge for HRT as us Murph fanatics are pretty obsessed with the guy!LOL!
Cheers,
Tony.
Go to Top of Page

damion
Formula Ford Driver

New Zealand
409 Posts
joined 28 Mar 09

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  07:38:48  Show Profile Send damion a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Coulthard needs to move from that second rate WP team and into HRT #22 seat. he is a decent driver and would make a good team mate for GT. although would prefer he came back into the Ford fold.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

kart_racer
Team Manager

Australia
2277 Posts
joined 22 Aug 07

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  07:49:43  Show Profile Send kart_racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I still think JC is a good chance of being at HRT. The whole Pepsi/FPR story is complete speculation. Definitely shouldn't be discounting him at HRT yet.

HRT want someone who can win from day 1.

I hear Marcos Ambrose might not have a NASCAR ride next year due to Richard Petty Motorsport financially in the poo. HRT?

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell" - Peter Brock

It's coming...

_Mnissan
Go to Top of Page

rps788
Team Manager

Australia
1979 Posts
joined 17 Jul 07

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  08:04:20  Show Profile Send rps788 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i just cant see any sense of having murphy at HRT when someone like Coulthard or Reyonlds could get better results

But Hey this TWR and they havnt made alot of smart ideas since they won there last title in 07

_Mamg
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
5519 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  08:28:32  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I guess it comes down to the fact that HRT want two competitive cars. Now that could mean having two cars fighting for the championship, or having GT in the top 3 consistently and the sister car in the top 10 consistently.

If Courtney were to go to HRT I would think he would expect equal machinery and opportunity. Perhaps Murphy would be happy to be in the team with a fast car, but also be happier to play second fiddle to GT?

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
12194 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  08:43:22  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Who'd want the poisoned chalice of car 22

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

emu
V8 Champion

1230 Posts
joined 14 Aug 09

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  08:48:34  Show Profile Send emu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
all the myths of cursed car 22, what a load of sh#t.
theres other 2 cars teams where the second car is not going as well as the other,
this year T8, GRM & PMM cars have been close in race & qualifying.
the rest are off the mark.
Go to Top of Page

Tals
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
278 Posts
joined 12 Jan 09

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  09:11:44  Show Profile Send Tals a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rps788

i just cant see any sense of having murphy at HRT when someone like Coulthard or Reyonlds could get better results

But Hey this TWR and they havnt made alot of smart ideas since they won there last title in 07

I dont think Coulthard nor Reynolds would get better results then Murph in an HRT car, I dont think they can handle the expectations for a full season at this joint, can they handle the presure away from the tracks aswell? Its not all driving either at the end of the day with so many other commitments to sponsor events etc. Greg has proved to be quick in WP cars during his previous drives in them so he would take confidence with him if he was to get the drive.

Fabian Coulthard apparently isnt overly happy with his current situation and there was word of him wanting to return to Ford but I dont know how that would work out.

David Reynolds hasnt even been talked about really in the 2010 season so it would be a little strange to just give him the key ride in car 22. I guess Fabian cant just step into car 22 with the season he has had, he is currently sitting in position 24 and that doesnt justify anything to suggest he is the man for the top seat.

Currently sits as: Will Davison P19
Greg Murphy P20
Fabian Coulthard P24

Murphy has even missed a full round at the start of the year so if there is anyone who deserves a 22 seat at this point its Murphy who is climbing up the ladder even though its nothing to much to talk about.

Murphy wasnt sacked from Caytons, the situation was almost a toss of the coin when Craig Lowndes returned back from Europe with Mark Skaife, he did a decent job before he got told his services weret wanted but with the amount of good drivers locked away there are only a handful who can fit eh job well.

Murphy will need to possibly take a cut and he was willing to do this at PMM but something has to have come up for him to say no to PMM. I think he has something locked away for 2011 or is in the process of confirming a drive.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
12194 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  09:14:53  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emu

all the myths of cursed car 22, what a load of sh#t.
theres other 2 cars teams where the second car is not going as well as the other,
this year T8, GRM & PMM cars have been close in race & qualifying.
the rest are off the mark.

History sort of goes against what your saying

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

emu
V8 Champion

1230 Posts
joined 14 Aug 09

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  09:30:16  Show Profile Send emu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
so history this year shows jnrs, both davo's, richo's cars are rides you wouldnt want to have?
i reckon car 18 is the most cursed car going by history.
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

Australia
5743 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  09:49:14  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well I don't think Murph will be at HRT, but maybe WP in the Bundy car. HRT would have got him years ago (and they should have), instead going for Bright (2001), T Kelly (2003), Tander (bit different because of HSVDT team closure)(2008), and Will D (2009). They've had many oppurtunities to get the guy who almost won them the 1997 championship! So I can't see them getting Murph.

Coulthard would be a good bet.

Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
4311 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  09:56:07  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would like to see Murphy in there, but I would also expect results, so I'm not too sure about him.

I reckon the most possible outcome would be Fab in #22 with Murphy and Reynolds at Bundy.

Go to Top of Page

motu_34
Team Manager

4089 Posts
joined 28 Aug 07

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  10:12:36  Show Profile Send motu_34 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Um...its going to be JC guys...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2014 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.47 seconds.