V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 New Zealand
 V8 Supercars 2011 Coverage
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Mac_Nz
Fujitsu Driver

New Zealand
560 Posts
joined 27 May 08

Posted - 22 Jan 2011 :  09:06:49  Show Profile  Click to see Mac_Nz's MSN Messenger address Send Mac_Nz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well - another new year!

As with previous years I don't expect any press releases on what TV3's coverage will be so we'll have to wait until the first race weekend.

I personally didn't find the format last year worked for me; it was too hard to be there for a full day of television.
So far they've gone full circle from having V8 Supercars as a stand-alone Premier programme, to having a Sunday afternoon sports magazine style show (funny, that reminds me of some other show from 2001 that had the same format...) so wonder what 2011 will bring.

supercar_freek
Team Manager

New Zealand
2502 Posts
joined 27 Feb 06

Posted - 24 Jan 2011 :  06:26:19  Show Profile Send supercar_freek a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
After all these years I think TV3 have won. I cannot be bothered fighting again and again to get the coverage they promised when they won the coverage.

Well done TV3 you have won! You have successfully defeated a once unshakable fan.
Go to Top of Page

Tracy
Team Kiwi Racing Fan

New Zealand
1176 Posts
joined 03 May 02

Posted - 24 Jan 2011 :  10:33:25  Show Profile  Click to see Tracy's MSN Messenger address Send Tracy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, from Shauns comments at the end of the show yesterday, I don't even know where the supercars are going to fit in - he said next week, supports from Teretonga, the next week supports from Timaru, then the next week Manfeild (which is right by the timing) BUT Abu Dhabi is on Fri/Sat nights of the same weekend - NO mention of the coverage for that?? Does this mean by some miracle we'll get it Fri/Sat night, or does it mean the next weekend??

Edited by - Tracy on 24 Jan 2011 10:33:59
Go to Top of Page

KR93
Pit Crew

136 Posts
joined 12 Jul 09

Posted - 24 Jan 2011 :  13:49:34  Show Profile  Visit KR93's Homepage Send KR93 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Probably saturday sunday nights either live or delayed.

Much like A1GP?
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

Australia
6322 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 24 Jan 2011 :  19:43:40  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wait and see, if Murph and Van Gis can do well they might improve it.
Hard to say, wait and see i think is all we can do.

Go to Top of Page

Mac_Nz
Fujitsu Driver

New Zealand
560 Posts
joined 27 May 08

Posted - 25 Jan 2011 :  10:32:43  Show Profile  Click to see Mac_Nz's MSN Messenger address Send Mac_Nz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree with you SF.
For the lip-service TV3 pay when we raise coverage issues with them it's not worth the hassle.
I can't understand why they bid for the contract; we've gone backwards each year they've had the contract, and now their programme almost mirrors what TV1 did in 2003.

Considering television coverage is now the foundation and key income component of any major sport; I don't know how V8 Supercars let them do it.
Go to Top of Page

SportsExtra_Motorsport
Fujitsu Driver

New Zealand
765 Posts
joined 29 Nov 08

Posted - 29 Jan 2011 :  07:53:01  Show Profile  Visit SportsExtra_Motorsport's Homepage  Click to see SportsExtra_Motorsport's MSN Messenger address Send SportsExtra_Motorsport a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Send it to Sky and watch it all live like formula one

Go to Top of Page

Tracy
Team Kiwi Racing Fan

New Zealand
1176 Posts
joined 03 May 02

Posted - 29 Jan 2011 :  08:56:38  Show Profile  Click to see Tracy's MSN Messenger address Send Tracy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SportsExtra_Motorsport

Send it to Sky and watch it all live like formula one

Or in a lot of peoples cases, not watch it because it's on sky. From what I understand of last season not all sessions were live on Sky, often qualifying etc was delayed for the ball sports, and apparently (correct me if I'm wrong, this was from recent conversations with people with SKY so a little after the event) a couple of races too?

Which brings me to my point - WHY do people assume that if the supercars go to SKY it will be live? SKY already covers NRL, AFL, Super 14/NPC and the A league, and some of those games would be on at or around the times of v8 races.

I can see the racing being delayed just as much on Sky with the current channels.

Just wish TV3 would actually let someone know what is going on - it's only two weeks away

Edited by - Tracy on 29 Jan 2011 08:57:44
Go to Top of Page

Mac_Nz
Fujitsu Driver

New Zealand
560 Posts
joined 27 May 08

Posted - 29 Jan 2011 :  09:27:09  Show Profile  Click to see Mac_Nz's MSN Messenger address Send Mac_Nz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah - with TV3 it's not so much what they do, it's how they do it...
Go to Top of Page

korn007
Fujitsu Driver

New Zealand
641 Posts
joined 12 Jul 09

Posted - 30 Jan 2011 :  15:40:17  Show Profile Send korn007 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
End of todays Gillette motorsport show it flashed up for Sunday Feb 13th (My Birtrhday) that we will see V8's Abu Dhabi plus NZ summer series from Manfield.

R.I.P Jason Richo Richards. Say hi to Bruce, Denny and Possum for us. Go Kiwi Go.

Go to Top of Page

Tracy
Team Kiwi Racing Fan

New Zealand
1176 Posts
joined 03 May 02

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  16:57:01  Show Profile  Click to see Tracy's MSN Messenger address Send Tracy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So are the rumours true that all season we will get Sat race Sun arvo, Sun race LATE Sun night

If so, welcome back to the dark ages
Go to Top of Page

Mac_Nz
Fujitsu Driver

New Zealand
560 Posts
joined 27 May 08

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  17:55:38  Show Profile  Click to see Mac_Nz's MSN Messenger address Send Mac_Nz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tracy

So are the rumours true that all season we will get Sat race Sun arvo, Sun race LATE Sun night

If so, welcome back to the dark ages

Seriously?

Wow - that's bad.
I'm with SF though, I've had enough of TV3 too. It just doesn't seem worth it.
Go to Top of Page

Tracy
Team Kiwi Racing Fan

New Zealand
1176 Posts
joined 03 May 02

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  14:32:04  Show Profile  Click to see Tracy's MSN Messenger address Send Tracy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, for Abu Dhabi at least, the rumours aren't true - this is on their site now:

Sunday February 13
V8 Supercars Round 1
Abu Dhabi 400 (Race 1 & 2)
10am - 2pm

I'm guessing for Clipsal etc though (as they run into the 6pm hour) things might be different :S
Go to Top of Page

KR93
Pit Crew

136 Posts
joined 12 Jul 09

Posted - 03 Feb 2011 :  09:54:43  Show Profile  Visit KR93's Homepage Send KR93 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
wow... nearly a whole day of motorsport!
Go to Top of Page

SportsExtra_Motorsport
Fujitsu Driver

New Zealand
765 Posts
joined 29 Nov 08

Posted - 08 Feb 2011 :  17:55:33  Show Profile  Visit SportsExtra_Motorsport's Homepage  Click to see SportsExtra_Motorsport's MSN Messenger address Send SportsExtra_Motorsport a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not too bad i guess aslong as the show qualifying

Go to Top of Page

barry05
Fujitsu Driver

New Zealand
538 Posts
joined 25 Aug 04

Posted - 09 Feb 2011 :  04:36:16  Show Profile  Click to see barry05's MSN Messenger address Send barry05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SportsExtra_Motorsport

Not too bad i guess aslong as the show qualifying

They will have to cut something because by my calculations they will fit 2 lots of races with 2 lots of qual in the 4 hour slot but thats not allowing for ads. Will the no advertising rule on Sunday mornings rule apply for the first 2 hours? don't worry the coverage is about to go to crap around round 4 when we will be back to watching race 2 at 2300 something tv3 said will never happen!!! All we can do is ride out this and next year as I am almost certain they will not put in a high bid when the contract comes up for renewal they have really cause a lot of damage to the sport in this country!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2014 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.84 seconds.