V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Drivers Weigh In
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

SpooK
Transporter Driver

74 Posts
joined 21 Jan 07

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  16:54:59  Show Profile  Visit SpooK's Homepage Send SpooK a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From Speed Cafe.

http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2011/02/11/v8-drivers-size-up-in-battle-of-bulge/

Im Very suprised to see Shane up there at 99.5
And Dean Fiore at just 68.5

Courtney18
Team Manager

Australia
5364 Posts
joined 08 Nov 08

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  17:00:37  Show Profile Send Courtney18 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
SBR webiste has Giz at 85kg

Mercedes GP Fan
James Courtney Fan
Mitch Evans Fan
Daniel Ricciardo Fan
Nick Percat Fan
----------------------
#1 v8supercar forum for all James Courtney hate!
Go to Top of Page

Murph51Fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
5242 Posts
joined 21 Jan 06

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  17:05:33  Show Profile Send Murph51Fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bargs heavier than about half the field was a bit of a surprise!
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7044 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  17:11:57  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
GT and Fabian are doing quite well for their height, compared to say Stevie Johnson.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

GoobaFish
Team Manager

Australia
1915 Posts
joined 25 Apr 08

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  17:34:14  Show Profile Send GoobaFish a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Article says this includes all equipment - helmet, suit, gloves, boots, coolsuit...
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4457 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  17:38:46  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Murph51Fan

I'm not surprised, I saw him at EC & he looked fat... To be honest, they are supposed to be "the best of the best" & any one of them that is over weight should be sacked straight away!! They should be fit (athlete fit) end of story!! If they are not, they are not serious & need to be sacked!!
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8168 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  17:45:12  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by GoobaFish

Article says this includes all equipment - helmet, suit, gloves, boots, coolsuit...

FFS! Why cant they take real readings? I was just going to say, **** they weight a lot for athletes! How much does race suit weigh?

Go to Top of Page

AlFord
Fujitsu Driver

New Zealand
607 Posts
joined 08 Dec 09

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  18:48:41  Show Profile Send AlFord a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
By the look of a pic on Facebook it looks like Bargs had a "BIG" off season!
Go to Top of Page

HSA67
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
325 Posts
joined 06 Dec 10

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  18:58:29  Show Profile Send HSA67 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nothing out of the ordinary there, A little suprised at 106 from SJ but with all the gear that would put him in the 90's and he is a tall fella.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17264 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  19:07:54  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by GoobaFish

guess they'll all get black flags then for no balaclava

Go to Top of Page

Verge
Formula Ford Driver

410 Posts
joined 15 Oct 10

Posted - 11 Feb 2011 :  21:56:50  Show Profile Send Verge a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Being fit doesnt mean thin or light. I've seen some pretty big blokes carrying weight outlast people half their size because they are super fit, they just eat too much.

Yes, but at what cost?
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10384 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 12 Feb 2011 :  00:47:03  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

quote:

I'm not surprised, I saw him at EC & he looked fat... To be honest, they are supposed to be "the best of the best" & any one of them that is over weight should be sacked straight away!! They should be fit (athlete fit) end of story!! If they are not, they are not serious & need to be sacked!!

What a load of rubbish!

Abit of extra ballast didn't do 'Pete' Geoghegan any harm!!

As long as they are quick, who gives a toss what they weigh??
Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 12 Feb 2011 :  03:46:04  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow they're actually all pretty heavy, I protest some of those numbers.

edit: oh that's with gear. That makes sense. So most are actually in the 70's.

Edited by - Mr.McPhillamy on 12 Feb 2011 03:48:59
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5119 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 12 Feb 2011 :  09:11:31  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:

quote:

What a load of rubbish!

Yes and Pete used that 'ballast' well. Imagine how he would've gone if he had to be fit like these blokes?? Bob Jane was no weed either!!!
Credit where credit's due though, these training routines employed by some of these drivers are bloody hard. Look how fit Paul Dumbrell is.
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4457 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 12 Feb 2011 :  14:41:48  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:

quote:

What a load of rubbish!

As long as they are quick, who gives a toss what they weigh??

What year do you think we are in?? Are you seriously comparing the fitness levels from the 60's to now!!! No F'ken idea I tell you!!

With less than 1 second covering the full field weight matters!! They are trying to find 1,000's of a second out of the car.. Loose some weight & you just found it!!

When the smallest man in the field is in the higher end of weight there is a prblems.. And it is not muscle it is fat!

Edited by - joe5619 on 12 Feb 2011 14:45:48
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6753 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 12 Feb 2011 :  14:58:53  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Some of those weights are heavier than expected, although most of them are on par with a lot of athletes. As someone said before though, Dumbrell is built like an athlete - of course due to his ironman trainign etc - but compared to the others he just looks so much fitter!

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.12 seconds.