No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Tennis
 Wimbledon 2011
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rusty3908
BANNED

2016 Posts
joined 28 Jan 11

Posted - 21 Jun 2011 :  19:33:34  Show Profile  Visit rusty3908's Homepage Send rusty3908 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright since I'm going to be up watching the games to god knows what hour of the morning some nights, I guess a thread on Wimbledon seems an appropriate thing to start.

Stayed up to 3.30 watching Dokic go down against Schiavone...she played pretty well but just missed a few shots, especially on her forehand side.

Interesting to see how Hewitt performs tonight and Tomic against Davydenko

Thanks for that Madaz
Another cheap shot by a Ford fan whose immunity to punishment is unbelievable
All the best to the following: HDT, Hypno, Crikey, Skaifeman, Willsy, Donkman
Go Holden, Souths and the Cats

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7381 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 21 Jun 2011 :  19:51:38  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hewitt playing on court 4912 tonight. Been a while since he's been shuffled out the back. Still, it's where he's at atm.

Mens tennis is going through a golden period right now. Federer and Nadal will be remembered in the same light as Borg & McEnroe. Djokovic has had a brilliant year too.

Find it hard to watch womens tennis unless they're easy on the eye. The standard difference is ridiculous.

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

rusty3908
BANNED

2016 Posts
joined 28 Jan 11

Posted - 21 Jun 2011 :  19:57:37  Show Profile  Visit rusty3908's Homepage Send rusty3908 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

Hewitt playing on court 4912 tonight. Been a while since he's been shuffled out the back. Still, it's where he's at atm.

Mens tennis is going through a golden period right now. Federer and Nadal will be remembered in the same light as Borg & McEnroe. Djokovic has had a brilliant year too.

Find it hard to watch womens tennis unless they're easy on the eye. The standard difference is ridiculous.

Same here. Normally tune out, or if it's during Australia's summer of tennis, just watch cricket instead.

Thanks for that Madaz
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7381 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 21 Jun 2011 :  20:21:53  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ana Ivanovic. I like watching her matches.

RIP05

_Mholden

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

Go to Top of Page

rusty3908
BANNED

2016 Posts
joined 28 Jan 11

Posted - 21 Jun 2011 :  20:30:44  Show Profile  Visit rusty3908's Homepage Send rusty3908 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Ana Ivanovic. I like watching her matches.

Twice went to the Brisbane international, 09 & 10. And both times, by chance, I got to see her play Smoking hot

Thanks for that Madaz
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7381 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 21 Jun 2011 :  20:39:34  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Adam Scott the golfer pulled her didn't he? Batting way above his average if that was the case.

RIP05

_Mholden

Go to Top of Page

rusty3908
BANNED

2016 Posts
joined 28 Jan 11

Posted - 21 Jun 2011 :  20:42:22  Show Profile  Visit rusty3908's Homepage Send rusty3908 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Adam Scott the golfer pulled her didn't he? Batting way above his average if that was the case.

Yeah he was in the crowd in 09 supporting her, I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ok, as much as I admire Stosur as she is an Australian and got a pretty good game and an amazing serve, I don't believe everything is right up-stairs and sometimes it lets her down in brining her A-grade game to every match. She lost in the first round last night to a Hungarian unknown in Czink who is ranked 252 in the world 6-3, 6-4.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/tennis/serena-williams-claims-first-wimbledon-scalp/story-fn9271wj-1226079634601

----------------------------------------------

Lleyton grinded out a win playing on a court unbecoming of a former champ in four tough sets with two tie-breakers in between.

But the biggest achievement for us Aussies was Tomic's performance when he took down former world no. 3 Davydenko in straight sets 7-5, 6-3, 7-5. Very good to see him out-score Davydenko in outright winners being 34-28 as it shows that he won it by not playing within himself and his potential as I've seen him do in the past to his detriment. Certainly was more up to the task than the enthusiasm that he showed in an interview with a T.V reporter the previous night

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/tennis/lleyton-hewitt-is-through-to-the-second-round-with-gutsy-win-over-japans-kei-nishikori/story-fn9271wj-1226079647055

--------------------------------------------

Hewitt's doing well atm. Two sets to nil up against 5th seed Soderling. With Rafter in his box cheering him, he seems right on track to cause an upset

-----------------------------------------------

Yay, Tomic wins Was going to post something like I did above for Hewitt after he was up two sets to nil but I didn't want to jinx him. But good to see him continue to play very solid tennis, particulary been impressed by his serving and his mobility.

Thanks for that Madaz

Edited by - rusty3908 on 27 Jun 2011 23:13:12
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds.