V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Australian
 Speedway
 General Speedway Chat! (Edited)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

ASH_03
Team Manager

Australia
1949 Posts
joined 26 Oct 08

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  14:05:47  Show Profile  Click to see ASH_03's MSN Messenger address Send ASH_03 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if any V8c folks head to Maryborough over new years to see the greatest show on wheels... Last year 70+ Modified Productions turned up for the 5k to win AUssie Open and this year looks to be as awesome again!!!

Winterbottom | Davison | Reynolds | Holdsworth | Ambrose | Keselowski | Kahne | Larson | Force | Power

http://www.facebook.com/AshMediaSpeedwayFootage

_Mford

Edited by - ASH_03 on 20 Dec 2011 16:49:26

Legendary Gerry

Australia
17765 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  14:09:59  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wouldn't mind but last time I planned it we had floods and cyclones so I think I'd better give it a miss.
I think there were about 65 cars last year - some from up here couldn't get through and there's 63 noms so far for this year.
Whose car is Bevan Collins driving?

_Mford

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 19 Dec 2011 14:14:07
Go to Top of Page

ASH_03
Team Manager

Australia
1949 Posts
joined 26 Oct 08

Posted - 20 Dec 2011 :  11:38:27  Show Profile  Click to see ASH_03's MSN Messenger address Send ASH_03 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Wouldn't mind but last time I planned it we had floods and cyclones so I think I'd better give it a miss.
I think there were about 65 cars last year - some from up here couldn't get through and there's 63 noms so far for this year.

Yep unfortunately the floods kept a heap away If you ever get a chance to go see it, It's definately worth it... Best racing I've ever seen in my life...

From memory I saw Bevan at Kingaroy earlier this year in what looked like a newly built Cortina...

But totally pumped for next season as well... 2013 Aussie Titles in Toowoomba, 10k to win Kings Royal in Kingaroy Make sure you get to these ones LG Hahaha

Busy times ahead with the
Sprintcars on the 26th at BIS
NSSS Round #1 on the 29th at Gympie
Sprintcars on the 30th at Kingaroy
Modified Production Aussie Open on the 31st and 1st at Maryborough
WSS Aussie Open on the 6th and 7th at BIS
Modified Production Kingof the Mountain on the 14th at Gympie
QLD Super Sedan Series and the Quantam Series on the 21st at Kingaroy

Winterbottom | Davison | Reynolds | Holdsworth | Ambrose | Keselowski | Kahne | Larson | Force | Power

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
17765 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 20 Dec 2011 :  11:55:00  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That Kings Royal is a ballsy move by Big Ryno and his crew.
I hope it comes off.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

ASH_03
Team Manager

Australia
1949 Posts
joined 26 Oct 08

Posted - 20 Dec 2011 :  13:12:08  Show Profile  Click to see ASH_03's MSN Messenger address Send ASH_03 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

That Kings Royal is a ballsy move by Big Ryno and his crew.
I hope it comes off.

So do I, he seems to have the contacts to get the sponsors coming in... Look what he did for Maryborough!! I really feel like Modified Productions are slowly becoming the premier sedan class in Australia or at least QLD... Late Models and Super Sedans should take note...

So hopefully they can get a big backer! and make this event epic!!!
If you end up getting 100+ modifieds, plus 100+ junior sedans, street sedans, 4 cyl sedans... Imagine what that does for the local economy for the 4 or so days their in town

EDIT -

quote:

This one I think

_Mford

Edited by - ASH_03 on 20 Dec 2011 13:56:33
Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6325 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 20 Dec 2011 :  16:15:29  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
so when are you getting a car Ash??!!

I'm a bit jealous of QLD - Mod Prods are a great category.

The only good amatuer (Bodied) class for SA is AMCA.

street stocks area tad slow and go clockwise (I'm not interested in going the wrong way!!)

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
17765 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 20 Dec 2011 :  16:27:07  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for the photo Ash.
Does he still have a Super too, or is he just driving Doblo's occasionally?

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

ASH_03
Team Manager

Australia
1949 Posts
joined 26 Oct 08

Posted - 20 Dec 2011 :  16:41:26  Show Profile  Click to see ASH_03's MSN Messenger address Send ASH_03 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.McPhillamy

Haha when I finish my Bachelor of Building Design or Bachelor of Engineering Either that or until someone fronts up a heap of coin for me to put their name on the car

Way out of my league!! Hahaha...

Is this the one??

And LG I don't know if he sold it or not, I last saw him running the Super at the QLD title in Maryborough of March this year... And with racing like Modified Productions, don't blame him for jumping in a Corty Hahahaha

_Mford

Edited by - ASH_03 on 20 Dec 2011 16:51:04
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
17765 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 20 Dec 2011 :  16:51:50  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ASH_03

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.McPhillamy

Haha when I finish my Bachelor of Building Design or Bachelor of Engineering

Way out of my league!! Hahaha...

And LG I don't know if he sold it or not, I last saw him running the Super at the QLD title in Maryborough of March this year... And with racing like Modified Productions, don't blame him for jumping in a Corty Hahahaha

His little brother Johnno is a very good steerer in his mod prod.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

ASH_03
Team Manager

Australia
1949 Posts
joined 26 Oct 08

Posted - 20 Dec 2011 :  17:04:36  Show Profile  Click to see ASH_03's MSN Messenger address Send ASH_03 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I may have got the 2 mixed up

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
17765 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 20 Dec 2011 :  17:19:01  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This is Johnno's Commodore #21

http://www.gordong.com/419-speedway02/slides/111029-img_2473.html

The super you put up is Bevan's.

_Mford

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 20 Dec 2011 17:21:04
Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6325 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 21 Dec 2011 :  03:19:31  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Haha too true Ash! The best thing about speedway though is everything is (relatively) cheap compared to circuit stuff! That's for damn sure.

My favourite beast at the moment.

Tony Howlett's Charger!

http://www.supersedanssa.com.au/#!season-2011/slideshow4=9

--

ps. completely unrelated and shouldn't technically be in this section - but I figure you two would appreciate it the most!

NASCAR K&N Series @ Bowman Gray - don't see this every day!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blGCtqI7Y54

_Mvolvo

Edited by - Mr.McPhillamy on 21 Dec 2011 03:39:04
Go to Top of Page

ASH_03
Team Manager

Australia
1949 Posts
joined 26 Oct 08

Posted - 21 Dec 2011 :  09:11:45  Show Profile  Click to see ASH_03's MSN Messenger address Send ASH_03 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Now that is some crazy stuff!!! K&N Series is a pretty cool thing, especially when they run on the dirt tracks over there

And whilst some sections in speedway may still be relatively cheaper... Modified Production, Super Sedans, Late Models... There all a bit out of reach for the average bloke these days...

Like that Blue and White VZ Commodore Modified Production that Rocket bought off Blackwell was up around the 50k mark...

And from rumours I've heard, the bloke who bought Steve Jordan's Aussie Title winning Super Sedan and engine, didn't get much change out of 75k...

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
13074 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 21 Dec 2011 :  09:42:58  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
anthony beare won the aussie production title a few years ago in his street stock, so if you wanna go fast but on a budget go for a street stock

PAUL MORRIS 2014 BATHURST CHAMPION !
Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6325 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 21 Dec 2011 :  21:10:29  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The problem with Street Stocks is the clockwise thing. Makes no sense in my small brain!!

AMCA you can still run (I assume!!) competitively for under $25,000 - which is reachable. And uncompetitively for $10-15,000

But to be honest - I don't like the look of the current crop of fast AMCA chassis - I'm much more of a fan of the low cut roofs and boots.
So If I can find a good one of them in the next 5 or so years - I'll be in it!! Back of the grid if I must!!

Wingless probably seems like the class, very attainable yet serious racing - on my105 they're anywhere from $10-25,000 for the full package!!! Super cheap!!
Plus if you ever then want to jump up to 360's you've got chassis and gear.

_Mvolvo

Edited by - Mr.McPhillamy on 21 Dec 2011 21:32:57
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
13074 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 21 Dec 2011 :  21:27:22  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
streeties run both ways..if they run only 1 way u can set it up to run one way...but they are streeties

PAUL MORRIS 2014 BATHURST CHAMPION !
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8  Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2014 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.16 seconds.