V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 Dunlop Series
 Main game teams
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
12499 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  10:22:24  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Should main game players be able to enter current spec cars, parts and engines in the Dunlop Series.

I don't think they should be able to.
A Chassis should have to be at least 2 years old and whatever parts it was running at the time should have to be used on it.
That includes the same period engine specs.

Seeing guys blitz the field in a 888 car and then run nowhere in anything else isn't right

Choices:

Yes
No

(Anonymous Vote)

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
4581 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  12:40:39  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think they should be, it serves as a really good training ground for the young guys hired by Factory teams, or endurance drivers.

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Go to Top of Page

HDT05
Team Manager

Australia
6165 Posts
joined 15 Feb 11

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  19:20:44  Show Profile Send HDT05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No, but only because T8 have such good cars and I don't think it's right for the other guys..but there is no rule saying the Main game teams can't be there so, IMO it's the other teams problems, they need to be better to beat the best, so it gives them a competitive car/team to match up against....so I don't know, I voted no, but maybe I shoulda voted yes, because I really don't see it as a problem, it's good to see bigger teams enter.

Peter Brock 1945 - 2006 RIP #05
RIP Dale Earnhardt 1951 - 2001 #3
RIP Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011
RIP Jason Richards 1976 - 2011
Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6335 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  22:40:52  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Positives and negatives.

My main negative being - it gernally increases boredom by 600% when someone you know is good enough to run main game, in a main game car, in a main game team - is going up against guys like Tom Tweedie.

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3229 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  08:13:07  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think they should be allowed to enter, but not with a ex-main game driver.

I'm gld that T8 are giving a new bloke a run this year.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
12499 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  08:36:27  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I see it differently.

I see drivers in cars kitted out with the latest 888 or HRT gear consistently winning and then when they get behind the wheel of something else they struggle to be competitive.

So if they were running the same equipment as everybody else you'd be able to see the real talent rather then the best car

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

Crikey
BANNED

Australia
3044 Posts
joined 22 Feb 08

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  11:51:53  Show Profile Send Crikey a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

I see it differently.

I see drivers in cars kitted out with the latest 888 or HRT gear consistently winning and then when they get behind the wheel of something else they struggle to be competitive.

So if they were running the same equipment as everybody else you'd be able to see the real talent rather then the best car

I agree with what your saying Bigcol, Maybe in a couple of years this may not be as big of an issue, With the COTF car filtering through to the dunlop series it might make it a bit more of an even playing field?

Holden 2012 Champions, Thanks Simon, you were right all along
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
5624 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  14:08:43  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think COTF will be the best thing for the Dunlop Series. Presumably, all the current cars will come to this series, and the main game teams won't be able to run the same specs between the two series - should level the playing field - for a little while.

I think you are on the right track with this Col - but for sure, main game teams should be allowed in, but perhaps this series needs stricter guidelines.

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
17901 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  15:17:44  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One of the biggest differences is with the suspension in the cars.
Obviously this makes it chalk and cheese for those that do run mainstream specs and those who don't.
Again, not a level playing field.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

1747 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  19:44:41  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
At least, this year, the Dunlop cars are not allowed to run the same super shocks that the main-game teams use.

There should be a real point of difference so that test results are not transferable, either way. it could be argued that using an identical car in the development series last year could have helped 888 in the main game due to additional test data.
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
5624 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  20:02:43  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

At least, this year, the Dunlop cars are not allowed to run the same super shocks that the main-game teams use.

There should be a real point of difference so that test results are not transferable, either way. it could be argued that using an identical car in the development series last year could have helped 888 in the main game due to additional test data.

Same for WP and arguably, same for FPR in the latter half of the year...

McLaughlin later described the final corner: "I don't know what happened there. I just plucked it in first, gave it some jandal and **** yeah!"
Go to Top of Page

HoldenGal
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
777 Posts
joined 02 Dec 07

Posted - 01 Mar 2012 :  23:03:06  Show Profile  Click to see HoldenGal's MSN Messenger address Send HoldenGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

I think they should be, it serves as a really good training ground for the young guys hired by Factory teams, or endurance drivers.

They don't

Whoever has the biggest sponsor gets the ride..l.l

V8'S Keep Me Holden On!
Go to Top of Page

GetThe
Team Manager

2423 Posts
joined 06 Dec 10

Posted - 01 Mar 2012 :  23:20:51  Show Profile Send GetThe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HoldenGal

quote:

They don't

And i take it this comment is due to the fact that a certain someone doesn't have a drive this year.

Not being a smartarse but maybe he's just not considered good enough.

Edited by - GetThe on 01 Mar 2012 23:21:16
Go to Top of Page

LP11
BANNED

Australia
1293 Posts
joined 27 Feb 12

Posted - 01 Mar 2012 :  23:30:41  Show Profile Send LP11 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by GetThe

quote:

quote:

They don't

And i take it this comment is due to the fact that a certain someone doesn't have a drive this year.

2nd in last year's series, not good enough? Dream on

As for the topic itself, I welcome the involvement of the main game teams as well as any technical advantage that they can bring because at, the end of the day, the results scored by drivers who do have the benefit of a factory team behind them are all relative to the actual team, the quality of the cars and the amount of resources.

Go to Top of Page

HoldenGal
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
777 Posts
joined 02 Dec 07

Posted - 01 Mar 2012 :  23:39:21  Show Profile  Click to see HoldenGal's MSN Messenger address Send HoldenGal a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

They don't

Well of course i'm pissed

But doesn't matter what type of Motorsport $$$$$ will outweigh tallent and has always for years - heck even Schumacher had to pay for his first F1 drive for Jordan...

V8'S Keep Me Holden On!
Go to Top of Page

GetThe
Team Manager

2423 Posts
joined 06 Dec 10

Posted - 02 Mar 2012 :  00:12:25  Show Profile Send GetThe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They don't

Well of course i'm pissed

But doesn't matter what type of Motorsport $$$$$ will outweigh tallent and has always for years - heck even Schumacher had to pay for his first F1 drive for Jordan...

And look where Schumacher ended up, seven times world champion.

Sadly your favourite will never have the same record but i ask this, If he had the true talent needed wouldn't he get some sort of support from his father first and foremost. Don't get me wrong he has to have some sort of talent to get to where he has been but maybe not to get to the next level.

I will say this though my favourite memory to date of him is when he drilled Skaife up the arse at Bathurst in 2006. He was my favourite driver THAT day...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2014 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds.