V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 Fantasy League ?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

laser
Administrator

Australia
17365 Posts
joined 01 Aug 01

Posted - 11 Mar 2013 :  21:10:50  Show Profile  Visit laser's Homepage Send laser a Private Message
Who would be interested in a Fantasy League for F1 this year ?

The basic Fantasy League is structured like this :

- every driver has a cost (usually based on previous performance)
- every manufacturer has a cost (usually based on previous performance)
- every participant can choose to "buy" 1 driver (Privateer's League) or 2 drivers (Pro League)
- every participant has a budget, the budget is used to buy drivers and a manufacturer. It is NOT enough to buy the two best drivers, so you have to trade off whether to "buy" a top driver and a bottom driver or 2 medium drivers to stay within you budget constraints

The idea is that you spend your budget to buy the driver/s and manufacturer that you want to use for the year. At each event, you receive the same points as each driver received in the Championship and the points of the highest placed manufacturer in the Championship.

Only points penalties for drivers are considered, all other penalties are ignored.

You are allowed 1 or 2 driver swaps throughout the year. The driver cost is adjusted at various times throughout the year (up or down depending on performance) and the driver swap is only allowed if you can sell your driver/s at their current cost and purchase new driver/s at their current cost and stay within budget the entire time. You cannot change manufacturers at any stage.

If you're interested, please post here and I'm get a price guide together ASAP

††
V8Central WebMaster - Our motto is If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all

RIP05
_Mvolvo

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7102 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 11 Mar 2013 :  22:15:17  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep, I'd defiantly be in...

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10654 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 11 Mar 2013 :  23:35:12  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Of course I'm in, given I said in the other thread I'd like one.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

willsy
V8 Taxi Driver

Australia
3165 Posts
joined 21 Nov 07

Posted - 12 Mar 2013 :  09:52:48  Show Profile  Visit willsy's Homepage Send willsy a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'd have a run too. I feel having one league is better than splitting it up for numbers sake? Also a couple more variables like choosing an engine supplier and maybe a joker race for double points or something to help Spice it up maybe?

Go to Top of Page

laser
Administrator

Australia
17365 Posts
joined 01 Aug 01

Posted - 13 Mar 2013 :  23:26:17  Show Profile  Visit laser's Homepage Send laser a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Get your entries in !!!!!

Go here --> http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38109

††
V8Central WebMaster - Our motto is If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all

RIP05
_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds.