V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Formula One
 HAHA!!! Celebrity race...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Sonic

Australia
17272 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  11:06:21  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just on the radio... 7 Mazda's have been damaged and 2 need to be replaced for the celebrity race...

And this only in morning practice!!

(Any suggestions of a better spot for this feel free and I'll move it...)

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11243 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  11:50:43  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thats a good start to the Celebrity challenge this weekend. Were they ever this chaotic in the Lexus hybrids?
Go to Top of Page

Archer
Formula Ford Driver

432 Posts
joined 17 Feb 05

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  12:18:52  Show Profile Send Archer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I must be well and truly out of the loop but some of these "celebrities" mean nothing to me...............
Go to Top of Page

buzzer
Transporter Driver

Australia
39 Posts
joined 21 Feb 13

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  20:17:36  Show Profile Send buzzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Archer

I must be well and truly out of the loop but some of these "celebrities" mean nothing to me...............

From what I can tell there is a few sportspeople, cricket/cycling/ironman etc. Possibly sports that are sponsered/shown on ch10. With the remainder being employees of ch10. More self promotiion

Edited by - buzzer on 15 Mar 2013 20:18:52
Go to Top of Page

Madaz
Team Manager

Australia
5056 Posts
joined 21 Mar 07

Posted - 15 Mar 2013 :  21:19:42  Show Profile Send Madaz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Car 16, Jessica Gomes.

Yes please!

2018 Fantasy League Overall Champion
2017 Fantasy League Tournament Champion
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10654 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  00:28:31  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I hate the celebrity race. I fast forwarded it and in that time saw an awful lot of people run off the track. Not surprised. In theory it's a fun idea to put celebrities up against each other. In reality it creates terrible racing.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10400 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  01:10:48  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

I hate the celebrity race. I fast forwarded it and in that time saw an awful lot of people run off the track. Not surprised. In theory it's a fun idea to put celebrities up against each other. In reality it creates terrible racing.

But it also attracts a tonne of coverage for the race (provided you invite the right celebs)

One of the best races i have ever seen was the 1993 "All-girls" affair at the AGP in Holden Caibra's for that years Celebrity Race, where netballer Michelle Felke and aerial skier Kirstie Marshall had a fantastic battle for the win all the way to the final corners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du3kYaXCkiY

Edited by - Fast by Ferracci on 16 Mar 2013 01:11:25
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  08:09:07  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I remember the first celebrity race at the Adelaide GP. They made the mistake of using pretty quick cars, Cordia Turbo's. They even hotted them up a little. Marc Knopfler crashed on the first turn and broke his arm. Since then they've tended to use cars of more modest performance.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9955 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  08:43:54  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I can't remember which year it was, but it was one of the years I was there - '86 I think. Mark Knopfler crashed in a Telstar TX5 Turbo. The Cordias were the first year, 1985.
Go to Top of Page

karter
Team Manager

11736 Posts
joined 21 Sep 04

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  09:12:08  Show Profile Send karter a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Zac. Amazing how the memory gets fuzzy.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9955 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  09:18:13  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
While I'm being picky: Wasn't it his collarbone? Whatever it was, it can't have been too serious. He was out of hospital and back in time to watch the GP. Maybe he's just tough.

BTW, I don't know if I'm just getting more out of touch these days, or 'celebrities' are becoming less and less celebrated. Half the celebrities in that race I've never heard of, and most of the others I've only vaguely heard of - and then I'm not sure why I've heard of them.

Edited by - Zac on 16 Mar 2013 09:34:32
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17272 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  09:51:16  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Perhaps they are folk that ch10 want to raise the profile of? I haven't seen any names of who is involved this year.

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9955 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  10:08:53  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Holly Candy, Renae Ayris, Chris Tarrant, Em Rusciano, Sarah de Bono, Jared Daperis...

Maybe you have to watch TEN, or live in Melbourne. I miss out either way.

Edited by - Zac on 16 Mar 2013 10:10:45
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22476 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  10:22:49  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have no idea who any of them are but Holly Candy sounds promising!
Go to Top of Page

spedikins
formerly known as HAPAIY

Australia
1597 Posts
joined 08 Jan 08

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  10:37:13  Show Profile  Visit spedikins's Homepage Send spedikins a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The only ones i know are Mark Beretta, Vanessa Amorosi and Lehmo

I hear that Miss Universe 2012 is driving too
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10400 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 16 Mar 2013 :  10:41:38  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

The Cordias were the first year, 1985.

The first one was a Pro-Am event as well, it was from 1986 that it became celebrities only.

It was built up pretty big that year that Knopfler was competing and then he put it on the front row.... and got abit excited.

Greg Norman ran in the 1986 event, was this where his friendship with Nigel Mansell started?

quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

Perhaps they are folk that ch10 want to raise the profile of? I haven't seen any names of who is involved this year.

Mark Beretta is part of the cast this year which i found interesting given its a Channel 10 covered event
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds.