V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Motor Cycling
 MOTO GP and SBK last night
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5136 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  11:20:45  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a weird start to the MOTO GP!!! Most of the field starting the race from pit lane!!! Only a handful of riders actually on the grid, most down the back. Another win for Marquez, nine wins from nine starts and remains undefeated this season. Broc Parkes due to the strange start was in ninth until those starting from pit lane caught him. He finished 21st.
Westy finished 17th in MOTO 2.
Another win for Jack Miller in MOTO 3. This kid is awesome to watch. Very good under pressure. The other Aussie in the race, Arthur Sissis, finished 13th and in the points.

SBK. Laguna Seca. Race 1 was a standard affair with Marco Melandri winning from David Guintoli and Tom Sykes in third. A heavy spill from fourth from Chaz Davies ended his race.
Race 2 and Laguna Seca always seems to bring some excitement and action. The race was marred by two red flags with Alex Lowes slamming into the ground in the corkscrew. At the restart, a stranger incident happened on pit straight where Sylvian Barrier slammed into the wall half way along the straight after somehow falling off the bike. On the second restart Melandri got it wrong and gently fell of while in second leaving Tom Sykes to win from David Guintoli and Jonathan Rea.
Davide Guigliano also came off in the corkscrew with his bike lying in the middle of the track in front of the field. Fortunately all riders managed to miss the bike. Aussie Brian Starling finished 13th Race 1 in and Race 2 in 12th on the EVO.

Edited by - Darren351 on 14 Jul 2014 11:24:52

Sonic

Australia
17272 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  11:31:02  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Laguna has had some crazy bike accidents over the years...

2 that really stand out for me was one at the corkscrew... one rider had his bike sieze almost at the top had to just lay it down and let it go... as I recall it a rider in front was turning in to the left at the top and got slammed by the bike and it through him from the left apex right across the track and his helmet hit the kerbing on the opposite side of the track... think he lost a few teeth...

other one was a start line incident where you saw them take off and then there was a dust cloud.. and when it cleared there were bodies and bikes lying everywhere...

should look for those links... i know i have them on tape somewhere..

Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17272 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  11:34:02  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
found the startline one I was thinking of... 1998

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnDOGr_0Iq8

Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2730 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  11:34:42  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One of the strangest starts to a race I've ever seen. I think it was Bradl in 3rd and then everyone back to about 15th or 16th pitted. The pitlane start was very exciting, in future they should grid up with the riders shoulder to shoulder across the track .

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5136 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  12:03:06  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The MOTOGP pitlane start was hilarious!!! With them all bunched tightly together like that I was waiting for the inevitable crash to happen but it didn't.
I forgot to mention the spectacular and fiery Johann Zarco crash in MOTO 2 last night. Looked worse than what it was.

Sonic, I remember that 1998 crash. Makes you wonder why the still race bikes there.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17272 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  12:13:06  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yanagawa was the other... if the first made you go 'oh my' this next one will make you not want to watch the bikes at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n24tbdW2BDE

Go to Top of Page

Ruddeger
Team Manager

2316 Posts
joined 21 Jan 07

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  15:01:52  Show Profile Send Ruddeger a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The start of the Moto GP race was one of the funniest looking starts I've ever seen for a motor race.

Great win by Jack Miller in Moto 3 - leading from start to finish

Slyvain Barrier is lucky if he escaped without any serious injuries.Last I read he was conscious.It looked as though his legs went into the wall,then his head spun in.

FOOOOOOOOORD !!!
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10400 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 14 Jul 2014 :  17:33:00  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The pitlane start looked like the old mid-80s race starts when as many bikes as possible were packed into the rows on the grid.

Footage of the Chandler/Yanagawa crash shows how much Laguna has changed in 15 odd years.
Go to Top of Page

SuperMono
Formula Ford Driver

459 Posts
joined 02 Oct 08

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  21:32:41  Show Profile Send SuperMono a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Couple of days ago watched 'The Unridables' doco on the 500cc GP series (late 80s) when Gardner was the Aussie vs. the USA crew.
The mass grid starts just reinforced how much we have lost by moving to megadollar bikes and teams.
I love 40 bikes blasting to the first turn, forgot just how much....
Memories...... ahh.....

Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10400 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  22:20:32  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Most definatly SuperMono, also the fact that in those big grids we had alot of variety like the Paton, ROC Yamaha's etc etc... we've seen some of the rekindled with the 'Open' rules of the last few years, will be interesting if we still see the Suter's and FTR's and ART's once everyone is back on the same rules page... i hope so.

The Unrideables also shows how easy the riders have it these days compared to Lawson, Rainey, Gardner et all...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.94 seconds.