V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Other Sports
 Cricket: General discussion thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 13 Dec 2014 :  07:50:45  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Whatthe

David Warner is the Michael Ennis of Cricket. I love his competitive, combative style. It appears to be working for him.

Too bad Ennis doesn't play for the bulldogs anymore, eh?

As for Warner, great bloke and great knock!

There needs to be a shout out to Lyon for bowling Australia to victory yesterday!

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 14 Dec 2014 13:47:31
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2477 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 14 Dec 2014 :  14:23:20  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep, great effort by Lyon in the last session. Didn't think Australia would win when India went into tea only two down.

India will feel they were a bit unlucky with Dhawan and Rahane but then Vijay got lucky a couple of times. Great innings by Kohli, almost got India the win.

Not good news for Clarke, sadly.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2014-15/content/story/809897.html

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
20794 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 14 Dec 2014 :  15:07:28  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think the bad and good decisions evened out in the end.
If they didn't then India only has themselves to blame.
They have put themselves above the ICC yet again - if they pay a price then too bad.

I really don't think Clarke was fully fit to play this test but there was no way he wasn't going to play.
Should the unthinkable happen and he can't make a comeback he will always be able to look back at his final test with immense pride.

Excellent decision naming Steve Smith as the new captain. I reckon he is the way ahead!

Storms and rain forecast for Brissy on Wed, Thur, Fri.
Can't make up my mind whether to drive down or not...

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 15 Dec 2014 19:13:58
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 15 Dec 2014 :  20:02:57  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep I agree Smith is the right choice.

Can I just say how refreshing it is to see Steve Smith step up and fill Clarke's shoes!

India whingeing about playing on worn practice wickets...come on!

Match is looking like it is going to teeter out to a draw. It is going to need some aggressive batting by the Aussies to get anything different.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.

Edited by - bundy5 on 28 Dec 2014 20:59:21
Go to Top of Page

Whatthe
Team Manager

Australia
1698 Posts
joined 16 May 06

Posted - 29 Dec 2014 :  19:12:48  Show Profile Send Whatthe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Indians will now be complaining about the weather and how it gave Australia an unfair advantage this morning. I would love to see Mitch Johnson take on that ***** Ishant Sharma in a cage fight. If that little prick Harbhajan can make him cry with a little slap, I'd love to see Mitch shut his big mouth up!

Sometimes it's good to be BLUE!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Dec 2014 :  11:43:30  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Aussie win is looking on the cards.

Warner putting on a fielding display out there.

Kohli again way out of his depth when it comes to sledging.

Aussies missing some pretty easy chances.

Breaking news that Dhoni has retired from test cricket with immediate effect! He will continue on in the international limited forms of the game.

Congratulations on his great test career. He will be remembered for his swash-buckling innings.

I can't help but feel though that the rampant spreading of the 20/20 game has contributed to this decision.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/814975.html

Damn Kytabu - just got in before me!

The other news is that Ashton Agar has been brought into the test squad for Sydney.

This strikes me more of a decision about giving him another chance after his appearances in the Ashes test series over in England rather than purely on form as I reckon there are a few better spinners out there atm such as Ahmed or even Cameron Boyce.

Nice comprehensive win for the Aussies today!

Edited by - bundy5 on 14 Feb 2015 19:35:46
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2477 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 30 Dec 2014 :  18:13:44  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If Rogers had held on to Rahane and Lyon had run out Kohli I reckon the Aussies may have won that game. Still, good to wrap up the series.

Just announced that Dhoni is retiring from test cricket with immediate effect.

Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 12 Jun 2016 :  12:45:24  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good going by the Aussies atm to come back into a winning position against SA after they were cruising at about 3 for 200.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2717 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 05 Aug 2016 :  18:17:17  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jeez, your cricket team is crap. Hat trick as well.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11688041
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
20794 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 05 Aug 2016 :  18:21:54  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Who gives a rat's?

It's footy season!
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 05 Aug 2016 :  18:25:59  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Who gives a rat's?

It's footy season!

I do and it is embarrassing. They need to replace Burns and M Marsh.

I'm very disappointed in Steven O'Keefe to say the least with the reports of his drunken night out last Saturday which has ended in a 10k fine from CA and further fines from the Police.

Edited by - bundy1 on 09 Aug 2016 13:06:26
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
8745 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 09 Aug 2016 :  14:33:29  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by the undertaker

Trevor Chappell retired 30 years ago. Time to move on...
Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
2717 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 09 Aug 2016 :  15:23:35  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

quote:
Originally posted by the undertaker

Trevor Chappell retired 30 years ago. Time to move on...

Hadn't even crossed my mind, but now you mention it, what a dick!
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 15 Nov 2016 :  20:10:10  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I can't believe how shocking Australia has been so far this series against South Africa.

I've got to say that, unsurprisingly, I agree with the commentators with this ridiculous need to rest players and as we saw in the recent example of the Australian tour of South Africa for the one dayers that were played, that it partially contributed to Australia losing 5-0 to South Africa and arguably contributed significantly in giving South Africa the confidence to perform the way they have so far in this test series.

I also think that we need a little more from our 3rd quick. Sure Mennie has got a good first class record but I don't see him being all that potent at the Test match level with him having a similar style of bowling as Hazlewood or Siddle (I also have problems with Siddle being picked for this exact same reason). I would really like to see the left armer Behrendorff be given a go or of course Cummins but this may have to wait until the first test against Pakistan so he can get a few shield games under his belt.

Edited by - bundy1 on 15 Nov 2016 20:13:06
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
6750 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 16 Nov 2016 :  00:18:30  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Spineless

Worst side since the mid 80's. Only have 3 batters that are international standard

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2016 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.03 seconds.