V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Other Sports
 Cricket: General discussion thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
6750 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 18 Jan 2017 :  09:26:13  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

No Lynn no Heat

Just a glitch Wrighty!

Haha yep

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 18 Jan 2017 :  13:35:34  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great to see Sammy Heazlett score some runs last night!

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
20794 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 19 Jan 2017 :  18:57:35  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'd be a prick of an umpire these days. For mine, so many of these bowlers (particularly sub- continent ones) chuck.

Ian Meckiff basically got kicked out of the game yet his arm was far straighter than these blokes.
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
6750 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 19 Jan 2017 :  20:23:22  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Agree. Don't even get me started on Murali

Could you also call no balls?
Reckon they've overstepped 8 times this innings. One got called only on replay cos it was a wicket. Should be free hits.

RIP05

_Mholden

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
20794 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 19 Jan 2017 :  21:02:08  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I won't get you started on him because by the tone, I'd be agreeing 100% with you.

Sometimes I think the umps stand too far back to get a really good view of the crease for no balls.

I think they should be saying to the bowler, this is where I'm standing now you deal with it.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 19 Jan 2017 :  22:10:27  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Agree. Don't even get me started on Murali

The 15 degree rule can now be repealed as Murali has retired (which was really relaxed to allow him to bowl IMO) and it can go back to the 5 degree rule for spinners.

Go to Top of Page

Whatthe
Team Manager

Australia
1698 Posts
joined 16 May 06

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  08:03:38  Show Profile Send Whatthe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
6ers!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes it's good to be BLUE!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  08:25:12  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sad to be on the losing end of that great game last night.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
20794 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  10:24:42  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Heat didn't deserve to win last night.
Too many amateurish shots and even McCullum made bad choices with his captaincy.
It's a pity it happened in that match though.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  14:48:09  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The choice to bowl Cutting probably takes the cake for the super over. I mean McCullum got lucky in the final over in the regulation innings but the percentage play was to bowl Swepson or even Badgree (even if he was on one leg).

In other cricket news, I agree with Boof that it is time for KP to be moved on as I don't think he deserves the money he is on, especially if he isn't willing to play the first game or 2 because he likes to have Christmas at home.

Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
6750 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  16:16:59  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
With KP I'm not sure. Don't like him missing the first game, but his performances have been very very good. And unlike England, his team don't seem to mind him.

Don't think Boof should be tweeting about it whilst on the drink either.

Entertaining game last night. Heat were always going to struggle without Lynn. Need everything going for you. Scorchers would have to be hot favourites.

RIP05

_Mholden

Edited by - Wrighty05 on 26 Jan 2017 16:17:42
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  19:18:22  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

With KP I'm not sure. Don't like him missing the first game, but his performances have been very very good. And unlike England, his team don't seem to mind him.

Don't think Boof should be tweeting about it whilst on the drink either.

Entertaining game last night. Heat were always going to struggle without Lynn. Need everything going for you. Scorchers would have to be hot favourites.

Fair enough. But I need to ask you a question as to whether it feels weird having Eddie McGuire as the President of the Stars?

Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
6750 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  21:20:11  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not weird - annoying

RIP05

_Mholden

Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 27 Jan 2017 :  21:16:06  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sammy Heazlett's been picked for the Australian ODI squad to NZ!!!!!!!! Extremely proud day for my club Alex Hills and Redlands Tigers!!!

I have to say the sixers have been quite awful so far in the final. Definitely not worthy of making it. The heat would have provided a far better contest.

Edited by - bundy1 on 28 Jan 2017 20:32:14
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
6750 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 28 Jan 2017 :  20:39:24  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not sure about that.

Only if McCullum got going

RIP05

_Mholden

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2016 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds.