V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Motor Cycling
 Jack Miller
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22476 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  18:53:58  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8907591

Signed up with LCR Honda for 2015 MotoGP!

Bypassing Moto2!

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  20:48:43  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great news

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10654 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 19 Sep 2014 :  01:12:29  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's great for him to get such a promotion, although he's a day younger than me, makes me feel like ****! But no it's awesome to have an Aussie getting back up there in a decent team. However I'm not so certain if bypassing Moto2 will prove a good move.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Darren351
Team Manager

Australia
5136 Posts
joined 12 Jul 04

Posted - 19 Sep 2014 :  10:06:43  Show Profile Send Darren351 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It'll be good to have an Aussie on reasonably competitive bike in MOTO GP again. I think he could've benefited from a season in MOTO 2 though.
Go to Top of Page

lyro
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
290 Posts
joined 03 Aug 09

Posted - 10 Nov 2014 :  19:11:24  Show Profile Send lyro a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Agree. A year in moto 2 would have given him a firmer base. He now has to put in the yards needed to Akers it. Hope he goes well.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22476 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 10 Nov 2014 :  19:26:07  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He won the last race but finished up 2nd for the season. Marquez's little brother ended up beating him.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17958 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 10 Nov 2014 :  19:37:41  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
miller seems to have an attitude issue IMO

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10654 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 11 Nov 2014 :  19:59:20  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

I agree. As an Aussie, I support him, but as a character, I find him hard to actually like. Hopefully he can pull his head in a bit. He's quick, but if he continues on with the attitude he's got, he won't win many fans.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

SuperMono
Formula Ford Driver

459 Posts
joined 02 Oct 08

Posted - 12 Nov 2014 :  20:05:03  Show Profile Send SuperMono a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wining races rather than fans leads to world championships, fairly certain that's what Jack cares about as priority.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 12 Nov 2014 :  21:39:26  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

Can't help but think of Stoner here.

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10400 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 13 Nov 2014 :  14:21:38  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SuperMono

Wining races rather than fans leads to world championships, fairly certain that's what Jack cares about as priority.

here here
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10654 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 13 Nov 2014 :  23:30:17  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SuperMono

All well and good, but what's wrong with winning both? Being a great racer and also not being a dick?

_Mford

Go to Top of Page

velly4
V8 Champion

Australia
837 Posts
joined 24 Feb 08

Posted - 14 Nov 2014 :  08:27:47  Show Profile Send velly4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Then he becomes another corporate drone that smiles to the camera and only says nice things. I find that so boring.

Yeah the kid can be a bit outspoken or act a bit childish. But guess what? He's only 19. I love watching people like Jack and Casey, they are driven to succeed and tell it like it is. None of the sugar coating crap the majority seem to want.
Go to Top of Page

SuperMono
Formula Ford Driver

459 Posts
joined 02 Oct 08

Posted - 14 Nov 2014 :  11:07:55  Show Profile Send SuperMono a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford
All well and good, but what's wrong with winning both? Being a great racer and also not being a dick?

Nothing wrong.
Making the point about priority only.

Plus another vote for letting each character loose without being filtered through the corporate marketing machine.

Edited by - SuperMono on 14 Nov 2014 19:28:07
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10654 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 14 Nov 2014 :  23:38:05  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Must admit I'm glad he's not a corporate robot, but as for personality, I'm not a huge fan. He's an awesome rider though and it's a shame he didn't win the Moto3 title. He was definitely the best rider in the series.

_Mford

Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10400 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 15 Nov 2014 :  15:45:10  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

How many world championship motorcycle racers have there been who have been both?

Fogarty, Lawson, Rainey, Gardner, Schwantz and Doohan etc.. never cracked a smile over 2nd place

Edited by - Fast by Ferracci on 15 Nov 2014 15:45:46
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.38 seconds.