V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Motor Cycling
 WSBK Australia
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mach24
BANNED

Australia
1177 Posts
joined 03 Jan 07

Posted - 15 Feb 2015 :  18:57:53  Show Profile Send Mach24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First round of the WSBK is at Phillip Island this coming weekend.

Good teams representing Aprillia, Kawasaki, Honda, Ducati, Suzuki, BMW, MV & Buell.

A few local wildcards but no season regulars from OZ.

Should be good racing as usual.

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 16 Feb 2015 :  19:21:48  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Going to be fantastic! Really good mix up the front on Day 1 of the Island testing. Like seeing the EBR up the grid with Canepa thrashing it!!

Wagner is looking good in Supersport - 6th on day 1 - ahead of STK600 Champ Faccani & Rolfo! Sofuoglu & Cluzel a cut above today!

--------

Well Holy ****!!!

Giugliano will miss the opener due to his testing injury - originally Duc were down to the one factory bike - until

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2015/Former+World+Champion+Bayliss+to+race+at+Phillip+Island

Troy Bayliss is BACKKKKKKKK!!!!

Troy's done a **** tonne of development to the Panigale recently - not exactly low on fast miles.
He'll be on pace pretty quickly. Davies isn't half the rider Troy was (IMO), so can't imagine it'll take too long to surpass him! Maybe FP2?!

Edited by - Mr.McPhillamy on 18 Feb 2015 19:11:38
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10648 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 18 Feb 2015 :  23:19:45  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great to see Troy return. Most successful person from my town, so this is nice news.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Mach24
BANNED

Australia
1177 Posts
joined 03 Jan 07

Posted - 25 Feb 2015 :  19:21:08  Show Profile Send Mach24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep it was good racing.

If you can get ur eyeballs on a replay... do yourself the favour.
Go to Top of Page

PVDA
Team Manager

2557 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

Posted - 26 Feb 2015 :  17:34:48  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I spent my weekend up at the Baylisstic Scramble up on Lukey Heights and was busy packing up while the 3 big races were on but caught the Sunday night replay on Foxtel.
Go to Top of Page

bundy5
BANNED

2755 Posts
joined 24 Feb 13

Posted - 27 Mar 2015 :  22:43:10  Show Profile Send bundy5 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I note Troy Bayliss rode again last weekend and didn't too badly. He did well to qualify in the top 10 for the race and was within a couple of tenths of his team-mate. Is a permanent move on the cards?

To respond to Bruce in the NRL thread: it is probably the single hardest loss I have had to deal with at Souths to lose Bully. Much worse than Sam Burgess as he didn't symbolise Souths as Bully did. I think a lot will underestimate just how much a loss he will be to Souths but I fully understand how engrossed he is with NZ and I think given that he will make the successful transition that others haven't.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10648 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 27 Mar 2015 :  23:14:31  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

I note Troy Bayliss rode again last weekend and didn't too badly. He did well to qualify in the top 10 for the race and was within a couple of tenths of his team-mate. Is a permanent move on the cards?

Actually I believe he's gone back into retirement, only to return for small events like the Troy Bayliss Classic in January.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11238 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 28 Mar 2015 :  08:19:27  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bundy5

Bayliss was only ever confirmed for the first two rounds as a super sub given how much development work he has done for Ducati.
Go to Top of Page

PVDA
Team Manager

2557 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

Posted - 31 Mar 2015 :  21:38:12  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

[quote]Originally posted by bundy5

Actually I believe he's gone back into retirement, only to return for small events like the Troy Bayliss Classic in January.

That aint no small event let me tell you

Bayliss has moved towards event promotion.

His company not only organises the Troy Bayliss Classic at Taree (raises funds for his local club) but also the Motorcycle Expo's (Moto Expo) held at Sydney later this year and at Brisbane & Melbourne last year as well as back there next year.

They've also removed the SuperX track up at Lukey Heights at PI and built a flat track at which he's running a "demonstration event" during the two Bike GP meetings, I say "Demonstration event" as having seen these guys race it gets pretty wild and willing at times.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10648 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 01 Apr 2015 :  00:47:23  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by PVDA

quote:

[quote]Originally posted by bundy5

That aint no small event let me tell you

Bayliss has moved towards event promotion.

His company not only organises the Troy Bayliss Classic at Taree (raises funds for his local club) but also the Motorcycle Expo's (Moto Expo) held at Sydney later this year and at Brisbane & Melbourne last year as well as back there next year.

They've also removed the SuperX track up at Lukey Heights at PI and built a flat track at which he's running a "demonstration event" during the two Bike GP meetings, I say "Demonstration event" as having seen these guys race it gets pretty wild and willing at times.

Comparatively small I guess. Stupidly, I haven't even been to the Troy Bayliss Classic, despite the fact it's literally a ten minute drive from my house.

_Mford

Go to Top of Page

PVDA
Team Manager

2557 Posts
joined 02 Nov 02

Posted - 02 Apr 2015 :  21:49:20  Show Profile Send PVDA a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Comparatively small I guess. Stupidly, I haven't even been to the Troy Bayliss Classic, despite the fact it's literally a ten minute drive from my house.

Had the chance to work at the Classic earlier this year as well as the Moto Expo's in Brisbane and Melbourne and flat track event at the WSBK at PI.

Taree was my first exposure to oil based flat track racing and it was a great event.

The Former & Current "Pro's" are there for the fun of it and to try to beat the other guys for the tish stir value, you know the racing is close when your standing on the inside of a corner and they're all laughing as they race past and one of them cant change gear because the other has his foot in the way on purpose

Here's what you missed. https://youtu.be/sYydDOfuKJs

Edited by - PVDA on 02 Apr 2015 21:57:53
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10648 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 02 Apr 2015 :  22:40:30  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Had the chance to work at the Classic earlier this year as well as the Moto Expo's in Brisbane and Melbourne and flat track event at the WSBK at PI.

Taree was my first exposure to oil based flat track racing and it was a great event.

The Former & Current "Pro's" are there for the fun of it and to try to beat the other guys for the tish stir value, you know the racing is close when your standing on the inside of a corner and they're all laughing as they race past and one of them cant change gear because the other has his foot in the way on purpose

Clearly I'm stupid. I'll travel hours out of town for motorsport, but when there's one in my own town, I'm an idiot and don't go. I'll have to go next time, and might even get to see you there.

_Mford

Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 04 Apr 2015 :  21:05:40  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I filmed all of R1 from Siberia :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoLgP6eQQlI

So I mashed up about 6 laps that weren't that shakey and uploaded them!

Next time I a) won't zoom in to max zoom or b) bite the bullet and get a tripod! Either way, the ones in the video I feel are pretty nice! Seriously unreal spot to watch a bike!!

My first trip to the Island and my first WSBK experience - I'll be back for Moto GP :) and then every year thereafter for both!

ps. A reason I did this? There's like...NO good footage of WSBK or MotoGP - thought I'd try and get some!
Give it a like so the world has a better chance of seeing it! (I'm begging for likes here...)

Edited by - Mr.McPhillamy on 04 Apr 2015 21:06:55
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10396 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 05 Apr 2015 :  00:50:21  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
PI WSB this year was some of the best races in years, probably since the mid-2000s

All that was missing was the local wildcards!
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11238 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 05 Apr 2015 :  09:00:23  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Clearly I'm stupid. I'll travel hours out of town for motorsport, but when there's one in my own town, I'm an idiot and don't go. I'll have to go next time, and might even get to see you there.

Just watch RPM today and catch up on it.
Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 05 Apr 2015 :  12:50:21  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

PI WSB this year was some of the best races in years, probably since the mid-2000s

All that was missing was the local wildcards!

There were heaps though!? Metcher and Walters in WSBK (Walters crashed a few too many times and they ran out of parts to race).
Not to mention Wagner being top-10 in WSS all weekend & he and Scott coming home in the points.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.22 seconds.