V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Motor Cycling
 Malaysian GP
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22476 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 27 Oct 2015 :  07:57:06  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone else think that Rossi got off lightly?
For mine he should have been disqualified and received a ban from racing for a period of time.

The sort of crap that he pulled has the potential to kill a rider.

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17950 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 27 Oct 2015 :  08:15:31  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Id say both rider's need to pull there heads in, and yeah he did get off lightly

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10398 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 27 Oct 2015 :  16:28:18  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He got off lightly considering the end result (Marquez falling off), but i think Rossi was justified initially when he looked over saying "WTF"

Marquez was riding like a ****head, but Rossi got sucked into it abit especially considering Rossi himself set the fire on Friday.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10650 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 27 Oct 2015 :  21:44:09  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've never liked Rossi, and it's beyond me how so many people love him. Like seriously I don't get how he has so many fans?

His move was absolutely ridiculous, and he should've been disqualified on the spot and banned from next weekend's race. You'd expect much better from the most succesful rider ever.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10398 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 28 Oct 2015 :  17:10:59  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

I've never liked Rossi, and it's beyond me how so many people love him. Like seriously I don't get how he has so many fans?

His popularity stems from when he came on the scene as a 16yo in the 125cc class (now Moto3) in the mid-90s.

At that time there were very few Europeans doing much in Grand Prix racing, and he was the next big hope, coupled with his flair and youthful exuberance, he got a legion of fans that have followed him for nearly 20 years.

What the likes of Marquez has done the last few years is what Rossi was doing 15 years ago.

quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

His move was absolutely ridiculous, and he should've been disqualified on the spot and banned from next weekend's race. You'd expect much better from the most succesful rider ever.

There was no way they were going to disqualify him from the championship decider, Dorna would lose too much money.

Marquez deserved a sanction for his riding prior to the crash too.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7095 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 28 Oct 2015 :  19:07:05  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Can't see Rossi taking the Championship unless he makes the same move on Lorenzo next round. He has to finish behind him to take the win, anything else and he'll lose.
And it seems hes now made a good rival in Marquez to play silly buggers with.

Expect fireworks!!

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 28 Oct 2015 23:03:07
Go to Top of Page

Mr.McPhillamy
Team Manager

Australia
6472 Posts
joined 03 Jan 09

Posted - 28 Oct 2015 :  19:55:19  Show Profile Send Mr.McPhillamy a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I didn't mind him stopping Marc and giving him a firm "WTF BRO" at Turn 13 - but obviously he took it way too far.

I'm on Marc's side and I have lost a great deal, if not all of the respect I had for Valentino with his comments on Thursday and then his actions & fallout. I think he is a sook, who's petty mindgames backfired on him BIG time.

I'm completely aware that Marc was probably going a bit too hard tho!!

However - what really disturbs me....are Rossi fans.... the hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of Rossi fans that will defend him even if he raped their families... I mean, seriously... The amount of horrible things being said about Jorge & Marc is woeful. And how has Jorge got anything to do with anything? They somehow turned on Jorge!! Obviously because he spoke his mind, but he was right..
I mean, I'm a Schuey fan, and I can see the bright side to him taking out Damon and attempting to take out Jacques - but even the bitterest Schuey defenders never denied his actions! They never spat at Damon for "making a divebomb" or something!!
Rossi fans are SOMETHING else - very dangerous and disgusting.

Anyway...

I was always going for Jorge, now I definitely am. I hope Rossi loses, and I hope this is the end of his edge. And I hope he blames it on everything but himself. And I hope all of the Rossi fans boo Jorge, then go home and cry, and burn effigys of Jorge in their backyards, then cry some more.

Edited by - Mr.McPhillamy on 28 Oct 2015 19:57:59
Go to Top of Page

SuperMono
Formula Ford Driver

459 Posts
joined 02 Oct 08

Posted - 28 Oct 2015 :  19:55:57  Show Profile Send SuperMono a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rossi took it too far but I'm sure he wasn't intending to have either of them off the track.
Marquez had no interest in wining the race, just putting Rossi off the chase.

If you go back to when the Italian riders dominated the 125 & 250 GP classes, groups of Italians ganging up against riders of other nationality was common towards the end of each championship.
This year you have 3 of the top 4 riders being Spanish with the tables somewhat turned.

Of the top 4 I think only Pedrosa is holding his head high right now with his conduct and what he is saying.

Edited by - SuperMono on 28 Oct 2015 19:57:33
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17950 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 28 Oct 2015 :  20:01:49  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
rossi reminds me of craig Lowndes a bit....both "the face" of their sport, both have in some ways under achieved in the last few years but both have very loyal fans who will stick up for them to the end. I lost a lot of respect when rossi when he switched brands and from the outside looked like he wasn't interested in trying.

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10650 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 28 Oct 2015 :  20:45:39  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
But even Lowndes fans aren't as bad as Rossi fans. Even Dale Jr fans aren't as bad!

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1621 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 28 Oct 2015 :  21:07:39  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rossi always attracted the idiot fans. Then he kept winning and winning and winning. Rossi, Schumacher and hrt dominating the early 2000s. It was hell on earth!

I'd be more comfortable if Rossi got a points penalty, so that Lorenzo was the championship leader, and Rossi started on pole.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10398 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 28 Oct 2015 :  21:21:49  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

Can't see Rossi taking the Championship unless he makes the same move on Lorenzo next round.

He'll have little trouble getting up to 4th, its how the first three positions finish up (the two Repsol Honda's and Lorenzo) that will decide the title

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.McPhillamy

I'm on Marc's side and I have lost a great deal, if not all of the respect I had for Valentino with his comments on Thursday and then his actions & fallout. I think he is a sook, who's petty mindgames backfired on him BIG time.

I thought Rossi had a point about Phillip Island.

It did look like Marquez was playing around and backed Rossi into Iannone, knowing he had the pace to cruise upto Lorenzo and have a crack at the win.

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

I lost a lot of respect when rossi when he switched brands and from the outside looked like he wasn't interested in trying.

Which time?

He did seem to have lost interest in the Ducati experiment early in 2012.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10650 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 29 Oct 2015 :  20:23:18  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If nothing else, it'll be interesting to watch Rossi come through the pack next time, and to see if any of the Spanish riders make life difficult for him.

_Mford

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds.