V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Motor Cycling
 MotoGP Valencia **Spoilers**
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7094 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 08 Nov 2015 :  15:39:17  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a cracking race this should be. Rossi 7pts behind Lorenzo and starting from the back.

If Lorenzo finishes 1st, Rossi needs 2nd to hold the title, it gets a bit more complicated than that the further back you go.

Will Marquez play a part?

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10648 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 09 Nov 2015 :  00:12:01  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great race! Good to see Lorenzo win the title. Rossi didn't deserve it after his form last time out though.

Sadly there's a lot of idiotic one eyed Rossi fans crying about it on Facebook and accusing Marquez of all sorts of things, calling him terrible names and even accusing him and Lorenzo of being gay together!

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Ruddeger
Team Manager

2316 Posts
joined 21 Jan 07

Posted - 09 Nov 2015 :  11:51:06  Show Profile Send Ruddeger a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Onya Lorenzo

Rossi caused all these problems himself.If he didn't slag off Marquez in the Malaysian pre-race press conference he might not have ended up losing the title.

Well done Danny Kent on taking out the Moto 3 title.

FOOOOOOOOORD !!!
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10395 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 09 Nov 2015 :  15:48:49  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Sadly there's a lot of idiotic one eyed Rossi fans crying about it on Facebook and accusing Marquez of all sorts of things,

The only thing Marquez can be accused of is not trying to win the race last night.....
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7094 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 09 Nov 2015 :  22:09:42  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:

Sadly there's a lot of idiotic one eyed Rossi fans crying about it on Facebook and accusing Marquez of all sorts of things,

The only thing Marquez can be accused of is not trying to win the race last night.....

Agreed. Pedrosa showed the Honda still had plenty to give at the later stages.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10648 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 09 Nov 2015 :  23:12:23  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Marquez definitely played a part, no denying that, but purely in the sense that he didn't attempt a dive bomb, probably because he could've fallen off and taken out Lorenzo. I have no doubt he wanted to win that race, assuming Pedrosa didn't pass Lorenzo. Accusing him of not challenging Lorenzo is ridiculous though. He was pretty close to him the whole time! If he really wanted to back him up properly and give Lorenzo every chance of winning, he wouldn't have put him under such pressure.

Rossi only has himself to blame. Had he not made his stupid comments in the press conference at Malaysia, then Marquez wouldn't have challenged him so hard in the race, Rossi wouldn't have taken Marquez out and he wouldn't have gotten his penalty. I honestly believe that had Rossi not made his comments at Malaysia before the race, he'd now be champion. Rossi fans are blaming the wrong guy.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10395 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 10 Nov 2015 :  17:04:12  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Marquez definitely played a part, no denying that, but purely in the sense that he didn't attempt a dive bomb, probably because he could've fallen off and taken out Lorenzo.

Compare the moves that Marquez has made on riders all year (not just Rossi), and then compare his ride behind Lorenzo on Sunday.... he did not even make ONE attempt to even look like passing.

I don't have too much of a problem with it in general, Rossi pissed him off and this was his payback, but he should just admit it, i just can't see how anybody can think Marquez gave it his all, something which he is renowned for previously.

Not the first time it has happened, if anyone has seen the 125cc championship decider from Phillip Island in 1990, where all the Italians ganged up on Hans Spaan to ensure that Loris Capirossi won the title that day
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10648 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 10 Nov 2015 :  23:20:32  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Marquez definitely played a part, no denying that, but purely in the sense that he didn't attempt a dive bomb, probably because he could've fallen off and taken out Lorenzo.

Compare the moves that Marquez has made on riders all year (not just Rossi), and then compare his ride behind Lorenzo on Sunday.... he did not even make ONE attempt to even look like passing.

I don't have too much of a problem with it in general, Rossi pissed him off and this was his payback, but he should just admit it, i just can't see how anybody can think Marquez gave it his all, something which he is renowned for previously.

Not the first time it has happened, if anyone has seen the 125cc championship decider from Phillip Island in 1990, where all the Italians ganged up on Hans Spaan to ensure that Loris Capirossi won the title that day

Very true that he didn't even make an attempt to pass when he normally does. But I stand by my point, why would he follow Lorenzo so closely and risk taking him out or forcing him into a mistake if he was acting as his bodyguard.

He certainly did want Lorenzo to win and was bitter with Rossi, and I don't blame him. After Rossi's comments in Malaysia then his dick move in the race, I think Marquez would be justified for helping Lorenzo win.

Maybe he could admit it, but then the Rossi fans would go even more feral than they already are.

_Mford

Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1619 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 11 Nov 2015 :  21:39:29  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It didn't happen. But it was an interesting possibility that Rossi could've finished runner up in the standings despite never being headed in the points for the entire year, and Lorenzo could've won it without ever having led the points outright.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10395 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 18 Nov 2015 :  16:08:01  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Here's some Youtube action of that 1990 race, featuring the Hans Spaan punch to the Italian mafia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HknzW4VFXfg
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1619 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 13 Dec 2015 :  17:59:40  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Following on from a quote of Fbf aimed at me about the validity of Barry Sheene's world title on the main board? Fbf stated that Sheene had a good bike. In the same way all champions have a good bike/car. I was having a pop at Sheene's credibility as a world champ. I was also aware that Sheene would still be popular by some fans here, and didn't want to incite those fans who would understandably bring up the fact he's dead.

But since Fbf has led me to add further. I'll expand more. Sheene didn't just have a "good bike". In 76, he was the lead rider for the factory Suzuki team, which was the only factory team competing that year! Being the lead rider. He either got the only good parts, or got them long before his team mates did. Not just that. The rest of the competitors were running private Suzuki's!

This was still largely the case in 77. His team mate Steve Parrish was using the previous year's bike. Yamaha returned with a factory effort. But I think this time it was Yamaha America competing for the first time in what was mostly a European championship. Kenny Roberts rocks up in his first year in 78, then knocks off the following three titles. Reconfirming that the American motorbike racing scene was superior to the world championship.

Edited by - journeyman racer on 13 Dec 2015 18:02:48
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22476 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Dec 2015 :  18:51:33  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Was he racing at Valencia?
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1619 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 14 Dec 2015 :  04:54:13  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It was only one post. Better here than the other board. You want me to start a Barry Sheene is **** thread?

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22476 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 14 Dec 2015 :  05:57:02  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That is the norm...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.42 seconds.