V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 Motor Cycling
 Assen GP *Spoilers*
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7314 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 27 Jun 2016 :  01:22:58  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
JACK MILLER WINS!!!!!

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2730 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 27 Jun 2016 :  01:26:08  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Fantastic performance!

What a great race to watch.

And Jack shoots the boot on the podium!

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"

_Mvolvo

Edited by - Kytabu on 27 Jun 2016 01:42:29
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 27 Jun 2016 :  01:54:22  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Awesome result!

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7314 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 27 Jun 2016 :  11:11:52  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
1000-1 before the race

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11240 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 27 Jun 2016 :  12:52:48  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I watched up until the red flag thinking they were going to declare it there and then, which still would've been a great result for Jack anyway.

It's good to see an Aussie back on the top step in MotoGP and hopefully we see more of it.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22476 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 27 Jun 2016 :  13:38:36  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Perhaps a Steven Bradburyish moment.
Only time will tell.
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 27 Jun 2016 :  14:48:02  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

1000-1 before the race

Incredibly good odds when you think about it with the likelihood of rain and how noticeably quick he has been in previous outings in the rain (although IIRC he crashed in the race that I saw him when he was challenging for 3rd or 4th).

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

Supercars13
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
618 Posts
joined 28 Feb 13

Posted - 27 Jun 2016 :  22:21:50  Show Profile Send Supercars13 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's easy to say it was luck but luck plays a part in most sport victories. If riders were taken out it would be worth a bit less but they took themselves out while somehow Jack stayed on and won. He had to keep lap times up and not make a mistake while on a non-factory bike and he did it so deserves full credit.

I had thought he moved up to the premier class too early, which I still believe he has, but he bagged a win.

It reminded me of how nervous I felt watching Stoner at Qatar in 2007 while he was nearing his first win after the previous season of throwing his bike at the scenery. They both got it.

Miller won on his 25th start in MotoGP which is between Vermeulen and Doohan who had 24 and 26 starts before their first wins.

Can't see it happening again as it was a strange race like 2014 Bathurst.... however, he has a win so becomes number 12. Yay.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10650 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 27 Jun 2016 :  23:19:28  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That was a great race. The first part was awesome with Dovi, Rossi and a few private Ducati riders getting in amongst it. To that point too, everyone bar Hernandez and Iannone had kept their bikes upright. Not to mention that when the red flag came out, Marquez, Pedrosa and a few others including Jack were catching the lead pack.

Watching the second half, I thought about the prospect of Jack winning before it started, but given past form thought he would fall off, and had my money on Rossi. I think Rossi pushed too hard like a few others. Jack's performance was awesome. He was fast but didn't screw it up.

Great for Jack and great for Australia.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.07 seconds.