V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CAMS National Racing Series
 General CAMS Series
 Porsche crash at GC...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sonic

Australia
17272 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 21 Oct 2016 :  14:49:15  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/10/21/scott-taylor-injured-carrera-cup-crash/

wanna tell me again about how good these street circuits are? when a minor off at a regular circuit becomes a double hit with the damage seen in the article and a guy in hospital how can anyone argue that it is worth it?

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver

621 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

Posted - 21 Oct 2016 :  19:48:30  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What do you expect when you run down concrete corridors?

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'
-George Santayana
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17272 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 21 Oct 2016 :  21:56:03  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
and a ute bit the dust too :(

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10654 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 28 Oct 2016 :  21:31:00  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I didn't see the crash, but I was walking past the Porsche area after the incident when the team were wheeling the car back into the tent. He's very lucky he wasn't injured any worse. There was damage into the side of the seat.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17272 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 29 Oct 2016 :  17:54:22  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
doesn't surprise me after seeing that the intrusion bars were bent :S

Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6418 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 29 Oct 2016 :  22:46:30  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/10/21/scott-taylor-injured-carrera-cup-crash/

wanna tell me again about how good these street circuits are? when a minor off at a regular circuit becomes a double hit with the damage seen in the article and a guy in hospital how can anyone argue that it is worth it?

Three V8 drivers have been injured in the last 4 years at non-street circuits. Admittedly Bathurst is a street circuit but even if we ignore Chaz's crash there are still two relatively severe injuries at two circuits with a lot of run off. I don't really agree with it being a circuit safety issue. More a car safety issue.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds.