No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 NRL 2017
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7277 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 26 Jun 2017 :  16:22:50  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

I'm hearing DCE is a very big chance to play at #6 in the third SoO.

I disagree. There's been multiple reports about the similarities between Cronk and DCE, and I think that they're very similar players. For sure once Cronk gives in the #7, it's DCE's, but not until then.

What does Morgan have to do to grab a starting spot? Word is (South of the border anyway), Munster and Morgan have the Centre and 5/8 spot, just undecided which is which.

I'd put Gagai into centre, welcome Oates back to the wing, Morgan at 5/8 and Munster #14.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22603 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 26 Jun 2017 :  20:03:48  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

quote:

I disagree. There's been multiple reports about the similarities between Cronk and DCE, and I think that they're very similar players. For sure once Cronk gives in the #7, it's DCE's, but not until then.

What does Morgan have to do to grab a starting spot? Word is (South of the border anyway), Munster and Morgan have the Centre and 5/8 spot, just undecided which is which.

I'd put Gagai into centre, welcome Oates back to the wing, Morgan at 5/8 and Munster #14.

You can disagree all you like.

All I'm saying is that I've heard from a pretty reliable source that he's a big chance. My source is not saying he has the jersey - there's a bit of a difference.

I would also have Gagai in the centres with Chambers with Holmes and Oates on the wings.
I think Morgan is the best #14.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 26 Jun 2017 20:08:09
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 27 Jun 2017 :  01:00:54  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LG is right. Queensland would be fools to pick Munster or Morgan at 5/8 as they just don't have enough ability with the ball. Also agree with Gagai going into the centres and Oates on the wing with Morgan staying on the bench.

Well said - sums up the hypocrisy of LG and the fordies -
http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39351&whichpage=11#875389

Go to Top of Page

V8SuperRiley
Member 00004 of the Church of Ambroseology

Australia
3568 Posts
joined 29 Jan 08

Posted - 28 Jun 2017 :  10:11:32  Show Profile  Visit V8SuperRiley's Homepage  Click to see V8SuperRiley's MSN Messenger address Send V8SuperRiley a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Word I've heard is that DCE doesn't fit in to well in the QLD camp.
Nothing to do with his ability to play, but more who he is as a person doesn't sit too well.

I for one think the best fit is Morgan.

Watching him over the last couple of years, he has adapted that killer instinct that Thruston has when it comes to finishing a game.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7277 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 28 Jun 2017 :  15:25:12  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

All I'm saying is that I've heard from a pretty reliable source that he's a big chance. My source is not saying he has the jersey - there's a bit of a difference.

I would also have Gagai in the centres with Chambers with Holmes and Oates on the wings.

Not disagreeing with your sources... just putting forward my thoughts on the whole thing.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Whatthe
Team Manager

Australia
1714 Posts
joined 16 May 06

Posted - 28 Jun 2017 :  19:35:58  Show Profile Send Whatthe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
SACK HASLER!!!!!!!

Sometimes it's good to be BLUE!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 28 Jun 2017 :  19:50:02  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Whatthe

SACK HASLER!!!!!!!

Haha - keep Hasler

Wrong move not selecting DCE. The odds of Queensland winning now will blow out.

Edited by - bundy1 on 03 Jul 2017 15:02:49
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22603 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 03 Jul 2017 :  17:01:16  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not disagreeing with your sources... just putting forward my thoughts on the whole thing.

All I've heard this arvo so far is ****, ****, ****ing arseholes, ****s and similar expressions.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13456 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 03 Jul 2017 :  21:03:08  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Can't say i disagree with them Gerry.
Hunt WTF were they thinking. He's ****ing useless. I can't wait for him to **** off too St George. They can put up with his on again off again ****

Give the ****ing sheild to NSW already

Too much Broncos influence on the QLD selections. Walters and Locky have got it wrong

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7277 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 04 Jul 2017 :  12:10:43  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigcol

Hunt WTF were they thinking. He's ****ing useless. I can't wait for him to **** off too St George. They can put up with his on again off again ****

Too much Broncos influence on the QLD selections. Walters and Locky have got it wrong

Not sure about NSW just yet. They managed to lose the last one.

I do agree, I don't see the use in Hunt - over DCE anyway.
After some more thought I would've gone Munster 5/8 due to the connection he has with the Storm spine. Oates to the wing with Gagai in centre. Morgan continues in the #14.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22603 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Jul 2017 :  13:43:35  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

After some more thought I would've gone Munster 5/8 due to the connection he has with the Storm spine. Oates to the wing with Gagai in centre. Morgan continues in the #14.

Corey's in hospital - pretty crook apparently.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7277 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 05 Jul 2017 :  14:14:10  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Corey's in hospital - pretty crook apparently.

I see value in what they've done then (re Munster and Morgan).
Who else could cover centre or wing if you shifted Gagai to centre? You wouldn't bring Nielson back.

The only thing I can't back them on is Hunt or even DCE on the bench. Wouldn't you have one of them starting, and have Morgan #14 (Munster Centre).

Anyway, enough of QLD. I'm happy that NSW has selected the same team - as stated earlier, they lost Game II more than QLD won it - and they know it, they all deserve another jersey.

Word that Cordner and Frizz may not make it. Jack de Belin on reserve, with Merrin and Nathan Brown waiting in the wings.

Edited by - skaifeman on 05 Jul 2017 14:14:43
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11341 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 05 Jul 2017 :  15:29:41  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There are some suggesting that Game 2 was rigged for us to lose so there would be a crowd for Game 3 at Suncorp. They obviously haven't seen regular season games up there on TV. Maybe we could learn from that?
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7277 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 05 Jul 2017 :  19:35:11  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Salary Cap Scandal?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/sea-eagles/nrl-2017-manly-sea-eagles-deny-wrongdoing-amid-fresh-salary-cap-scandal/news-story/5c1159bc641fb0f6520a49f12ae48f98

Go to Top of Page

bundy1
BANNED

2179 Posts
joined 02 Mar 16

Posted - 06 Jul 2017 :  15:50:56  Show Profile Send bundy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Salary Cap Scandal?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/sea-eagles/nrl-2017-manly-sea-eagles-deny-wrongdoing-amid-fresh-salary-cap-scandal/news-story/5c1159bc641fb0f6520a49f12ae48f98

I really hope that they throw the book at Manly and any other club caught cheating. I also hope that they have sufficient powers to investigate if the records are with any third parties not officially under the club or the club has to answer to.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.34 seconds.