No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 International Series
 WRC
 What time would a WRC car do around Bathurst?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1700 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 25 Aug 2017 :  00:01:28  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a thought that came to my head. Just wondering if anyone here knew or could give a reasonable estimate?

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10751 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 25 Aug 2017 :  03:13:16  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I couldn't give a reasonable estimate, but unless I'm mistaken, a WRC car has good acceleration but not great top speed. I could be wrong. So using that assumption, it'd be a bit slow down the bottom. It'd lose so much time on the straights compared to a V8 Supercar you'd imagine, but over the top it'd have to be fast, surely. You'd think with a good driver behind the wheel they could really throw it around up the top and make some good time. For an overall lap time, if I had to guess I'd say a bit slow compared to a Supercar. Give me a 2:20

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17476 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 25 Aug 2017 :  10:47:36  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
perhaps you could check what time Jordan Cox was doing in his little buzz box and then probably take a few more seconds off that?

Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10054 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 25 Aug 2017 :  11:05:16  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by journeyman racer

Just wondering if anyone here knew or could give a reasonable estimate?
I don't think anyone can do more than give a reasonable estimate. It'd depend on what would be allowed in setup re gearing, ride height and tyres. I think DJR's estimate of 2:20 might be a little optimistic, seeing the Toyota 86s can't get down to 2:40. I'll go for breaking 2:30 and getting into the mid 2:20s - but until it happens, we won't know. Still, a WRC car would acquit itself better on a road circuit better than a Supercar would do on a loose surface WRC Special Stage.
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 25 Aug 2017 :  11:11:05  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

perhaps you could check what time Jordan Cox was doing in his little buzz box and then probably take a few more seconds off that?

U2L Jordan Cox Honda Integra (04/02/17) 2:27.979

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17476 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 25 Aug 2017 :  12:59:16  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:

U2L Jordan Cox Honda Integra (04/02/17) 2:27.979

Thanks Mick... so from that perhaps it could get close to 2:20 IF the driver could get his head around it in the few laps they get... if the task was given to someone with good experience at the track who knows...

Wonder what something like Ken Block's thing could do? For sure it'd buzz out down the straights but it'd have to be mighty from t2 all the way to the Elbow

Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11446 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 25 Aug 2017 :  17:07:36  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mid to low 2:20s could be possible given how the current WRC machines have sprouted wings on top of wings and 380hp on tap.

A rallycross supercar, with the weight taken out of it and with 600hp, who knows?
Go to Top of Page

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver

677 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

Posted - 27 Aug 2017 :  00:14:18  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Wonder what something like Ken Block's thing could do? For sure it'd buzz out down the straights but it'd have to be mighty from t2 all the way to the Elbow

On a flying lap, or one edited together to make it look like he did a flyer?

Supercars isn't a sport.

Its a category of motor racing.
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1700 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 31 Aug 2017 :  23:25:11  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thinking about it, and looking up data. I think they'd be pretty fricken fast.

I'd liken WR Cars to suped up super touring cars. In both Bathurst races from 1997/98, the ST were doing 2:14, v8sc were doing 2:09-10.

70hp more than ST, 100kgs heavier? 4WD. 20 years of development. The WRC drivers are better than any touring car/v8sc driver. 2:05-7 wouldn't surprise me.

When I say WRC drivers. I mean the actual good ones. Not a try hard like Ken Block.

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10751 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 01 Sep 2017 :  03:32:07  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by journeyman racer

Thinking about it, and looking up data. I think they'd be pretty fricken fast.

I'd liken WR Cars to suped up super touring cars. In both Bathurst races from 1997/98, the ST were doing 2:14, v8sc were doing 2:09-10.

70hp more than ST, 100kgs heavier? 4WD. 20 years of development. The WRC drivers are better than any touring car/v8sc driver. 2:05-7 wouldn't surprise me.

When I say WRC drivers. I mean the actual good ones. Not a try hard like Ken Block.

So put an Ogier or Neuville in and you think they'd be up there with Supercar lap times? What's the top speed of a WRC car? Say it's tuned to rally stages I'm guessing just over 200 maybe? I could be wrong, but let's say that's what they do, that's 100k less than what a Supercar does on Conrod. That's absolute murder for the WRC car.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1700 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 04 Sep 2017 :  10:47:21  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm probably getting a bit ahead of myself. 2:10 is my revised figure atm.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.88 seconds.