No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Sports
 Football - NRL, AFL, Soccer, etc...
 NRL 2018
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22603 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 09 Aug 2018 :  08:57:18  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I feel a bit for you Tigers supporters as you finally have a team that's generally playing pretty well, starting to gel quite well and it's thanks to some astute buying and a coach who has his **** together.
To have someone like Gus who thinks he's god as far as footy is concerned, play these games he's playing and target the club, must be pretty gut wrenching.
For mine, the best outcome would be for Ivan to say no and leave him with egg all over his face.
Yes, I admit I don't like Gus and the way he's an expert on everything.
Go to Top of Page

Whatthe
Team Manager

Australia
1714 Posts
joined 16 May 06

Posted - 09 Aug 2018 :  16:28:54  Show Profile Send Whatthe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gus Gould is a pox!

Sometimes it's good to be BLUE!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10035 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 09 Aug 2018 :  18:38:12  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The 'Ivan Cleary back to Penrith' deal has the wobbles, but whether it happens or not now, there'll be no winners. Thanks Gus - big mouth, big ego, big liar, dinosaur. One month ago, Gould was slamming reports that Griffin's job was on the line, and slamming reports that there was any "falling out" between them - and reiterating that Griffin would be at Penrith through his contract that ends at the end of 2020. Gus, "NO, NO, NO". You're getting more pimples on your tongue.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/panthers/anthony-griffin-hooked-penrith-panthers-to-review-football-department-coachs-position/news-story/c3d4bd8646498b8c687ccf5c50c3f27a

(I had to laugh about Gus calling Griffin a dinosaur. Griffin was on the money in his Foxtel interview about dinosaurs. Yes, Gus. It takes one to know one.)
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7277 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 09 Aug 2018 :  19:29:07  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
All this overshadows what will be the ending of a few fine careers. Namely Bill the kid, and not too far behind Jason Nightingale.
Just like QLD, I see the Storm lifting for Billy's last hurrah.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10035 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 11 Aug 2018 :  13:15:55  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't know about that. Billy and Sam haven't been overshadowed in their retirements, and another Gould supposed master-stroke has toppled and fallen. Gus will almost certainly now say that he never intended for Cleary to switch to the Panthers for next season, and that the media got it all wrong, but I wouldn't believe anything he says anyway.

I'm sure some time in the future the Clearys will be together at the same club, and that's fine. Ivan Cleary meanwhile has continued to be the straight-shooter he has been throughout his career, and Gus Gould continues to be the NRL's master bull**** artist.
Go to Top of Page

Whatthe
Team Manager

Australia
1714 Posts
joined 16 May 06

Posted - 15 Aug 2018 :  18:33:16  Show Profile Send Whatthe a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I still believe Cleary will be at the Panthers next year. He only gave a qualified statement that he would be at the Tigers for the duration of his current contract. I don't believe him.

Sometimes it's good to be BLUE!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3092 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 16 Aug 2018 :  07:34:37  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gus is a know it all flog whoís theories are out dated by 15 years. Griffin is just another victim of Gouldís stupidity and ego! The man may have been a half decent coach 20 years ago but now he is just a **** commentator, a man who canít accept responsibility and a clubs worst nightmare! Penrith are going to struggle to have any sort of stability unless Gus is gone!

I think Cleary is staying put. Heíd be a fool to go back where he knows the conditions you have to coach under.

Ah well, hopefully all this crap will not hinder the mighty tigers run to the finals. Edge of your seat stuff and broncos are going to be tough to beat to the final spot
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13456 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 19 Aug 2018 :  23:21:27  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Watching Gus Gould analysis of the loss to the Knights was priceless.
His crap has come home to roost. They should have kept Griffin and sacked Gould

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11341 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Sep 2018 :  09:20:45  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The reaction from the NRL over the Bulldogs Mad Monday celebrations just seems a bit over the top in my mind.

Apart from getting pissed in the nude, all they other stuff they did is a regular occurrence on weekends.

For what it is, it seems like an overreaction.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22603 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 06 Sep 2018 :  11:32:36  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think the problem is they didn't stay in the room that had been booked and came out into the open.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11341 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 06 Sep 2018 :  13:30:39  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's not exactly bringing the game into disrepute though is it?

Bringing the game into disrepute in my opinion would be numerous salary cap breaches and having a player in the top 8 that was involved in a drunken home invasion.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22603 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 06 Sep 2018 :  13:40:43  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It probably is these days.

There's just millions more do gooders and the PC brigade who are simply waiting on these occurrences to villify all sports people.

It was common practice in the 70s, even with the NSW and Qld teams but there were females as well who "got into the spirit."

I attended a number of Qld functions where this happened.
Go to Top of Page

bigcol
Team Manager

Australia
13456 Posts
joined 06 Feb 04

Posted - 08 Sep 2018 :  17:15:18  Show Profile Send bigcol a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

It's not exactly bringing the game into disrepute though is it?

Bringing the game into disrepute in my opinion would be numerous salary cap breaches and having a player in the top 8 that was involved in a drunken home invasion.

Yes it is bringing the game into disrepute. Everywhere you go there are mobile phones with cameras and getting naked in public is over the top regardless. It's just more BS behaviour from the Dogs.
Bullfrog Moore would be turning in his grave.

Nice shot at the Broncos. Must piss the Sydneysiders off having an organisation like the Broncs who are both successful on the field and off it.

Yep Matt Lodge did have a drunken brain snap and yes he was charged and sentenced and he has entered into payment plan for compensation for the people involved.
Everyone has made mistakes some worse than others and people can mend their ways and do the right thing. Matt Lodge is doing the right thing and is trying to right his wrong.

You have obviously forgotten
Anthony Watts.
Bit the penis of another player in a local game and was member of outlawed Bikie gang the Finks who are responsible for all sorts of **** from extortion, drug production and dealing, theft, serious assault.

Russell Packer.
Urinated in front of national TV and was sentenced to 2 years jail for assault occasioning actual bodily harm

Danny Wicks.
Went to jail for 18 months for drug trafficking

Blake Ferguson.
Got booted from a music festival for spitting on people.
Was also charged with indecent assault in Cronulla

Then we have Goey Johns, the Titans players caught up in a drug scandal. Kevin Procter on Cocaine and the list goes on.

So CP, where is your outrage with all these players

ONLY LITTLE BOYZ WEAR BOWTIES
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11341 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 10 Sep 2018 :  10:38:35  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I forgot about that bunch.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7277 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 10 Sep 2018 :  11:21:11  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How about that game at Suncorp?
Can't see the Dragons doing it again, but it was a nice one to give us fans before we bow out!

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds.