No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 CAMS National Racing Series
 General CAMS Series
 TCR coming to Oz in 2019 (including race spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22605 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 30 May 2019 :  08:10:45  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Have I got this right?
There's 2 performance weight balances.
One for the car's performance and the other for the driver's ability.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot



Australia
11341 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

 offline

Posted - 30 May 2019 :  14:21:35  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Have I got this right?
There's 2 performance weight balances.
One for the car's performance and the other for the driver's ability.



Sort of right.

https://autoaction.com.au/2019/05/30/tcr-adjusts-weights-for-phillip-island

Going by this, it appears that the cars themselves will be governed by the global TCR parity formula, whereas the "compensation weight" is a way of equalising the cars locally, while still adhering to the global parity formula for the car.

That's the way I understand it.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry
Moderator



Australia
22605 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

 offline

Posted - 30 May 2019 :  15:10:41  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've just re-read this bit: "Compensation weight is different to ballast added and subtracted under the TCR global Balance of Performance structure. Think of BoP as a way of equalising cars globally, while compensation weight is intended to equalise drivers in a series."

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 30 May 2019 15:11:21
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager



Australia
7281 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

 offline

Posted - 30 May 2019 :  17:15:11  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

I've just re-read this bit: "Compensation weight is different to ballast added and subtracted under the TCR global Balance of Performance structure. Think of BoP as a way of equalising cars globally, while compensation weight is intended to equalise drivers in a series."


So does this still appeal to manufacturers? There's no reward for having the best car or driver?


"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager



10471 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

 offline

Posted - 30 May 2019 :  19:23:29  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

There's no reward for having the best car or driver?





This has never been the goal of TCR, or GT3 for that matter.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager



4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 30 May 2019 :  23:45:47  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

I've just re-read this bit: "Compensation weight is different to ballast added and subtracted under the TCR global Balance of Performance structure. Think of BoP as a way of equalising cars globally, while compensation weight is intended to equalise drivers in a series."


So does this still appeal to manufacturers? There's no reward for having the best car or driver?




The VERY obvious answer is YES!

Just look at all the manufacturers and car models competing.

But remember that manufacturers can't compete, but can support teams.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic
Moderator



Australia
17342 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

 offline

Posted - 31 May 2019 :  08:31:15  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And in further good news I saw online that there are more cars bought/entered for the Island putting us up over 20 entries for that round :)

(will look for a link when I get a chance)

Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager



4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 31 May 2019 :  11:19:03  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

And in further good news I saw online that there are more cars bought/entered for the Island putting us up over 20 entries for that round :)

(will look for a link when I get a chance)



TCR have a good website. https://www.tcraustralia.com/


quote:
Melbourne Performance Centre has acquired two brand-new Audi RS 3 LMS TCR cars for the second round of the inaugural carsales TCR Australia Series at Phillip Island next weekend.

The new RS 3s are currently en route from Germany and will arrive in Australia this weekend Ė right in time for the Island event.

The two new Audis add to MPCís expanding fleet of TCR cars which already includes the Audi RS 3 driven by Dutchman Rik Breukers at Sydney Motorsport Park, as well as the Volkswagen Golf GTI of Aaron Cameron.

Cameron will continue as the driver of the #2 Golf entry and currently sits fifth in the TCR Australia Series after a consistent performance at the opening round in Sydney.

The driver of the #22 Breukers Audi, and the two new Audi entries, will be confirmed in due course.


https://www.tcraustralia.com/two-new-audi-rs-3-tcr-cars-secured-for-australia/




quote:
TCR Australia front-runners Wall Racing has secured two brand-new Honda Civic Type-R TCR racers for the carsales TCR Australia Series, and they could be here for as early as next weekendís event at Phillip Island.

The Sydney-based team has ordered two of the speedy Civics that set Sydney alight after Tony DíAlberto took his #50 Type-R to pole position and two podium results.

Since the inaugural first event, Wall Racing has received considerable interest in fielding the cars and has purchased two new vehicles from Hondaís homologation partner JAS Motorsport in Italy.

The cars are currently being airfreighted and if they land in Australia on time, could be raced as early as the Phillip Island event, to be held on June 7-9.


https://www.tcraustralia.com/wall-racing-secures-two-new-honda-civics-for-carsales-tcr-australia-series/

This brings the car numbers to 22, exceeding their year 1 target of 20.

The Audis are said to be new. The existing Audi was an older model that has been in Australia for some time, so probably 2017 model at best, but maybe updated.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager



Australia
10713 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 31 May 2019 :  11:36:44  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's good to see four more cars already. I'm interested to see who gets signed on to drive them.



























































































_Mford














"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager



10471 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

 offline

Posted - 31 May 2019 :  16:08:50  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

I'm interested to see who gets signed on to drive them.



Whomever brings along their chequebook
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager



4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 31 May 2019 :  19:00:22  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A large number of Aussies with their own money have been racing in Porsche and GT3 etc. Both are more expensive and seem to be dominated by professional racing drivers.

TCR would seem to be a more frugal way to go racing and I can see a few categories being affected.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager



Australia
7281 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

 offline

Posted - 02 Jun 2019 :  20:01:42  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

I'm interested to see who gets signed on to drive them.



Whomever brings along their chequebook


Seems MPC forked out for GT.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/06/02/supercars-star-tander-to-join-tcr-australia-grid/

There's a lot of ex-drivers who wouldn't want to ruin their reputation running in another class (and possibly losing).
This is great. Tander needs all the positive results he can get after the B12hr.


"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager



Australia
10713 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 03 Jun 2019 :  14:25:22  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tander should do well. Very capable driver as we all know but then there's a few pretty handy drivers in TCR already. My tip is two race wins on the weekend for him.



























































































_Mford














"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager



Australia
1681 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

 offline

Posted - 03 Jun 2019 :  21:34:30  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

I see what you're saying, and your comments on the relevance of the series are fair... but to drill someone like you have?
They can do what they want with their money. Also, welcome to capitalist society and motorsport in the 21st century, rich daddies compulsory.


Drill them like I have?

They're only the Kelly's. No one cares.

I don't care about getting into racing through their dad's money. But running a team is on their own merit. They're a re ordinary, and have always been.

quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

A large number of Aussies with their own money have been racing in Porsche and GT3 etc. Both are more expensive and seem to be dominated by professional racing drivers.

TCR would seem to be a more frugal way to go racing and I can see a few categories being affected.


Bang on. People going on about tcr taking over supercars, and those defending it elsewhere saying it'll never happen, are talking about in a here and now context.

As if to say one year, Penske, 888, Tickford, WAU an all that will be in supercars one year, then tcr the next. That's not going to happen.

But it can happen slowly creeping through the back door. Take a bit off the S2-3, Carrera, Utes and so forth. Then you'd have a pretty good field to follow. Supercars would be even less value to be a part of even of all the big names are in it.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager



10471 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

 offline

Posted - 04 Jun 2019 :  18:11:11  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

I'm interested to see who gets signed on to drive them.



Whomever brings along their chequebook


Seems MPC forked out for GT.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/06/02/supercars-star-tander-to-join-tcr-australia-grid/

There's a lot of ex-drivers who wouldn't want to ruin their reputation running in another class (and possibly losing).
This is great. Tander needs all the positive results he can get after the B12hr.





Someone forked out, I doubt it was MPC themselves though

Edited by - Fast by Ferracci on 04 Jun 2019 18:12:42
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.7 seconds.