V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CAMS National Racing Series
 General CAMS Series
 TCR coming to Oz in 2019 (including race spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8828 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 28 Apr 2019 :  11:29:32  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
With the Supercar Series doing what it does best, (nothing), I can see the TCR series going from strength the strength, with 2 Supercar teams already commented to TCR, I think the others will be keeping a close eye on it as well, with rules that Supercars can't change whenever they fell like, the racing will be more stable and better controlled, internationally. with more countries taking it on, the more change for our teams to do international races, and more chance for international teams to race here, ie: Bathurst, Philip Island and the Bent.

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11238 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 02 May 2019 :  15:02:13  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

quote:
Originally posted by CP

One of the Subarus may or may not be driven by a former ARC champion.

If you're referring Molly Taylor - the above article rules her out.
All her focus will be on this season's ARC.

Molly has been confirmed.

https://www.tcraustralia.com/kelly-racing-signs-molly-taylor-for-tcr-australia-series?fbclid=IwAR0uPKCkvxRbOvx8MHND-GEehMsukvmm5DOdRhonwYaoS5ivCUwhoqZWr2A
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4459 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 14 May 2019 :  15:28:17  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Should be good.... I might even head out to EC this weekend & see what its all about!!
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17271 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 14 May 2019 :  19:50:24  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
really hope that the 'official' series as well as the 'invited' can work together so we get to see them on track more often... esp with a half decent grid forming... if even half of them would race with the invited series the show would be magnificent!

Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4459 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 14 May 2019 :  20:37:03  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What does a 'offical' & 'invited' mean?
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10395 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 14 May 2019 :  22:58:56  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Going to be a good weekend of racing.

If the early WTCC rounds are anything to go by, it's hard to see anything but a Honda or Hyundai being anywhere near the front.... why is no one running a Lynk & Co???

I fear the Kelly's will have their work cut out for them with the model's they have elected to run

quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

What does a 'offical' & 'invited' mean?

Rod Salmon is running a series in the AMRS that has TCR cars eligible... the ARG-run CAMS series has blocked their entries from competing in the AMRS series and has said any cars racing in the AMRS cannot run in the CAMS series..... i'm assuming this might be what Sonic means?
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8828 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  07:00:59  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
For a new (World) Series starting in Australia, Probably the Biggest new series since Group A, its getting a very underwhelming response from V8 Central,

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22476 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  08:18:29  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
To be honest, FC, it's the same on most forums.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17271 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  08:31:05  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
perhaps after round 1 when they have been seen in action they will get more noise?

having said that, most categories do grow and get a ground swell of support whereas this category has come in as a worldwide series that is nothing in Oz... give it a little time.

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10648 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  12:29:59  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm actually expecting a lot of people talking it up to be disappointed. Read on Facebook and everyone is saying "bring on TCR" but I feel like a lot of those haven't seen any TCR internationally so will be complaining when it's slower than they hope and doesn't sound as good. I think most people are excited about the prospect of eight manufacturers more than anything. I think it'll be ok, but I like pretty much any motorsport. But it's not going to go and take over Supercars like half the people online seem to think.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8828 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  18:21:48  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
speed is a relative thing, if all the cars are going the same speed and there is overtaking, nobody will know they are slower, the down side will be comparing it to Supercars

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17271 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  19:48:53  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by falcon_cobra

speed is a relative thing, if all the cars are going the same speed and there is overtaking, nobody will know they are slower, the down side will be comparing it to Supercars

how could comparing TCR to a category that has half a grid be a problem? lol

Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1619 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  22:58:43  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'd like to remind falcon cobra that Group A wasn't a new series. It was a continuation of the ATCC.

It's sort of hard to articulate where I dis/agree with DJR's point. It's not going to take over supercars like taking over a corporation, and certainly not in the short term. It's not like the supercars guys are going to shift over to TCR. I reckon a lot of fans don't want them to either because they're sick of supercars (People couldn't care less if 888 disappeared off the face of the earth for instance?)

Because of this weird attachment "fans" over here have over a 5lt V8, the small cars have been neglected for 20 years, even though people liked them and see them. It's been to the detriment of motorsport here as a whole.

It's good for a first up grid that no one knows how will play out. It looks more like the second year of super touring. It's not going to "take over" supercars, but I think it'll eat into the super2-3, Carrera cup, and other supercars supports. If it actually does that, then I think it bad new for supercars. Because it'll show that supercars aren't that big a deal to be linked with.

It's got a number of strengths that supercars can't counter, and way more upside. It doesn't matter how modestly it starts.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4285 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 17 May 2019 :  00:13:05  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

quote:
Originally posted by falcon_cobra

how could comparing TCR to a category that has half a grid be a problem? lol

I can't understand your reference to Supercars having only half a grid

I think TCR, with 18 cars and 17 of them competing and a FTA TV telecast is a good start to the first TCR weekend. A lot of them seem to be second hand (pre-loved) 2017 and 2018 spec cars.

It is a bit early, but I would like to see an end of year race with overseas teams bringing their cars here aiming for a sale while they build new ones back home.

(A bit like the old Tasman series and F5000 visiting and selling their cars here.)
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4459 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 17 May 2019 :  13:44:55  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm heading out tomorrow (not the whole day) but can't find the schedule online anywhere. Does anyone know where it can be found? And if anyone from TCR is reading, it shouldn't be this hard to find the schedule for the day in the year 2019!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.8 seconds.