V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CAMS National Racing Series
 General CAMS Series
 TCR coming to Oz in 2019 (including race spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17958 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 19 May 2019 :  20:58:47  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Awesome shot mate

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6416 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 19 May 2019 :  21:02:32  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by adzy_B

Brighty will be to TCR what bowe is to TCM.

Lol, going by today, unlikely.

quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

I was out they yesterday & thought it was ok..

A few points in no order

3) They sounded ****
4) Racing itself; didn't look any better or worse than Supers. For some reason I was expecting better racing here. But we've only had one race

I thought they sounded pretty good! Loud, good exhaust notes especially from the WRXs.

Someone mentioned the Alfas are ugly, I don't necessarily disagree, but I feel like it and the Renault both have ugly rear aero. It looked like they spent all their money on front, side and rear wing aero and didn't have any left for the rear bumper.

quote:
Originally posted by Kytabu

Pic for those that didn't see it:
**IMAGE**

Got my album from today up:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/msphotographybykye/photos/?tab=album&album_id=746501235784692

Great shot! I'll hopefully have some photos up soon too, took way too many and there are too many for me to get thru tonight. Sometime this week maybe.

Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4459 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 19 May 2019 :  21:53:26  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great picture!!

Go to Top of Page

SportsExtra_Motorsport
V8 Champion

New Zealand
916 Posts
joined 29 Nov 08

Posted - 20 May 2019 :  10:54:23  Show Profile  Visit SportsExtra_Motorsport's Homepage  Click to see SportsExtra_Motorsport's MSN Messenger address Send SportsExtra_Motorsport a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks guys. Now for a bit of fun...Photoshop says Breukers was at 38 degrees.

Great shot!!! - was at the final turns and it looks bloody impressive from behind!

here are five of my snaps
Saturday Race 01 Brighty on Saturday #3wheelin

Sunday Race 02 Start

Sunday Race 03 Kelly Racing Carpark

Andre's Right front broke, Chelsea's left front failed and Alex went sliding and luckily had enough talent to catch it!

Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8828 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 20 May 2019 :  19:07:41  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have now watched all 3 races, race 1 was very safe driving, the 2 races Sunday were better for a Spectator, all up great first round

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2730 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 21 May 2019 :  10:15:31  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nice captures SEM! Crazy how Heimgartner and Angelo both ended up parked at the same spot.

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

SportsExtra_Motorsport
V8 Champion

New Zealand
916 Posts
joined 29 Nov 08

Posted - 21 May 2019 :  13:33:22  Show Profile  Visit SportsExtra_Motorsport's Homepage  Click to see SportsExtra_Motorsport's MSN Messenger address Send SportsExtra_Motorsport a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Nice captures SEM! Crazy how Heimgartner and Angelo both ended up parked at the same spot.

and Rullo nearly joined them!

theres a tonne more on my instagram in the link in my signature for those wanting to see some more pics.

Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10400 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 21 May 2019 :  17:19:42  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I thought the three races were good. Plenty of action and something to build from...... Imagine a field of 30 or so of them going around! A pity ARG wants to limit the field at 20....an extra 3 on top of the 17 from last weekend won't really change the spectacle we saw.

I hope the series stays on the Shannons calendar, it is good to have extra weekends of motor racing to watch instead of everything being on the Supercars support bill

quote:
Originally posted by falcon_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:

For a new (World) Series starting in Australia, Probably the Biggest new series since Group A, its getting a very underwhelming response from V8 Central,

As JR says, Group A was a different kettle of fish, it was still the ATCC and carried over all the big names and teams from Group C plus some new entrants

TCR is starting from scratch just as Super Touring effectively did in 1994/95

Put T8, Penske, Tickford etc... in the field with SVG, Whincup, Scotty Mac et all at events like Adelaide, Supercheap 1000 or the GC600, and the response would be as normal, just like the switch from Group C to Group A in the ATCC

it is still the biggest new series to start since group A

Bigger than the standalone Super Touring series launched in 1994?

That was created because ST didn't want to be in V8s shadow, TCR Australia has openly stated it wanted to be a support race for V8s

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

Big question....can the series rival V8SC ?

Not without the marquee events or the "names" competing
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17272 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 21 May 2019 :  18:55:35  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

A pity ARG wants to limit the field at 20....

serious?? what a brainless idea!!

Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2964 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 21 May 2019 :  19:39:04  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

quote:

A pity ARG wants to limit the field at 20....

serious?? what a brainless idea!!

I agree, if it is going to succeed they need big grids. There are enough series with not enough entrants that are at deaths door.
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6416 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 22 May 2019 :  11:36:47  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Over 3000 photos (between two of us) from Sunday so it's gonna take me a while to get through them all but I'll post a link here when I've got some. Great shots here from you guys, though!

Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8828 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 22 May 2019 :  17:47:19  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I thought the three races were good. Plenty of action and something to build from...... Imagine a field of 30 or so of them going around! A pity ARG wants to limit the field at 20....an extra 3 on top of the 17 from last weekend won't really change the spectacle we saw.

I hope the series stays on the Shannons calendar, it is good to have extra weekends of motor racing to watch instead of everything being on the Supercars support bill

quote:

quote:

quote:

For a new (World) Series starting in Australia, Probably the Biggest new series since Group A, its getting a very underwhelming response from V8 Central,

As JR says, Group A was a different kettle of fish, it was still the ATCC and carried over all the big names and teams from Group C plus some new entrants

Put T8, Penske, Tickford etc... in the field with SVG, Whincup, Scotty Mac et all at events like Adelaide, Supercheap 1000 or the GC600, and the response would be as normal, just like the switch from Group C to Group A in the ATCC

I thought Super Tourers started in 1993?
and I think there may have been 4 or 5 cars "racing" swapping the lead all the time?

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10400 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 23 May 2019 :  11:54:15  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

and I think there may have been 4 or 5 cars "racing" swapping the lead all the time?

There was a 2L class B in the 1993 ATCC, but in 1994 Super Tourers started their own championship as they didn't want to play second fiddle to V8s, and for a while made a little headway

TCR Australia have openly stated they wanted to play second fiddle to V8s and just be a support act.

Super Touring was far more serious than TCR Australia in this respect
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17272 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 23 May 2019 :  12:21:22  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

There was a 2L class B in the 1993 ATCC, but in 1994 Super Tourers started their own championship as they didn't want to play second fiddle to V8s, and for a while made a little headway

TCR Australia have openly stated they wanted to play second fiddle to V8s and just be a support act.

Super Touring was far more serious than TCR Australia in this respect

and with that attitude and mismanagement they won't get respect... why would you join a series that is a worldwide group when those in charge don't want to make it the best it can be?

Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Sweden
8828 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 23 May 2019 :  13:56:37  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
it would make sense to be on the same bill, that way the teams that are doing both wouldn't have to be in 2 places at the same time, not as many staff required, and the teams that are not in it could get a few cars as well, then scrap Super2 and use TCR as the feeder class,

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.58 seconds.