No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 85

troy01505
Team Manager



Australia
3094 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

 offline

Posted - 22 Jul 2019 :  08:02:40  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

What about in 2020 though...



Yeah nah it will not enter then.


Mustang to dominate 2020 with Holden teams limiting development on the ZB

Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers



Tonga
7382 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

 offline



Posted - 25 Jul 2019 :  19:40:44  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Any truth to the rumour of team 18 acquiring a second REC for Courtney?

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14437 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 25 Jul 2019 :  19:50:41  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

Any truth to the rumour of team 18 acquiring a second REC for Courtney?

oh Frosty......what have you done!!!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.


Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan



Australia
9580 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

 offline

Posted - 25 Jul 2019 :  20:47:38  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

Any truth to the rumour of team 18 acquiring a second REC for Courtney?

oh Frosty......what have you done!!!

Can only hope heís getting paid a motsa because the team is a joke. Massively high hopes at the start of the year, T8 this and Phil Kees that. Total rubbish. Did I hear that Keed doesnít even live in Australia and commutes for the events from Canada(!)?
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager



Australia
4523 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

 offline

Posted - 25 Jul 2019 :  21:00:55  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rome was not built in a day!!

Great move if T18 move to 2 cars & get Courtney on board!
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14437 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 25 Jul 2019 :  21:06:07  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

Rome was not built in a day!!

Great move if T18 move to 2 cars & get Courtney on board!

Frosty was loving being the lead driver and one and only focus....if JC comes, thatís all over red rover!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.



Edited by - REM on 25 Jul 2019 21:06:51
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager



Australia
4523 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

 offline

Posted - 25 Jul 2019 :  21:12:20  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

Rome was not built in a day!!

Great move if T18 move to 2 cars & get Courtney on board!

Frosty was loving being the lead driver and one and only focus....if JC comes, thatís all over red rover!

Frosty has spent 14 years working with 3 other drivers & all of a sudden you think he can't? He'll be just fine & have move data to work with. They'll have better pit stops ( just take a look where T18 is in the pit stop challenge), with no Tecko.. This is only a good thing for T18 & Frosty. Bring it on!!
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14437 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 25 Jul 2019 :  21:41:58  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Frosty was fine at Tickford, until Chaz became the lead driver....following which Frosty soon left...and Charlie sure loves JC

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.


Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager



Australia
6831 Posts
joined 06 May 08

 offline

Posted - 25 Jul 2019 :  22:14:30  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's a fairly dynamite T8 'B-team' if that is the case. As long as CSR can keep the equipment up-to-date, I see no reason that those two guys couldn't push forward alongside SVG and Whincup. Kind of ironic that the three guys that fought for the 2010 title would then all be in similar cars and sharing data.

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14437 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 25 Jul 2019 :  22:26:50  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Also interesting that ADP looks like having only a one year deal with an option with Erebus, but some level of talks with another team, should their lead driver depart for the US in 21....guess we have to give up on Chaz ever going there now...Pye to Tickford to replace Chaz sounds cool though....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.



Edited by - REM on 25 Jul 2019 22:28:58
Go to Top of Page

m4rf
Fujitsu Driver



626 Posts
joined 08 Mar 12

 offline

Posted - 25 Jul 2019 :  22:34:12  Show Profile Send m4rf a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I honestly believe may be halve of what is rumoured is plausible. MSR for example were looking to offload Hazelwood a month ago and now they are buy another REC. Scott Pye to swap with Mostert I can understand. The final part I am not sure of is Will Brown though. Is he Pyes replacement or Courtney as I am still finding it hard to believe that he is leaving for team forklift.

To dare is to do.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14437 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 25 Jul 2019 :  22:50:24  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Chaz will make JC look pretty ordinary, and probably lift WAU back to the 2nd best Holden team.....if JC is getting a pay cut and Charlie has the coin and full spec T8 cars...why the hell not?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.



Edited by - REM on 25 Jul 2019 22:51:43
Go to Top of Page

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan



Australia
9580 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

 offline

Posted - 26 Jul 2019 :  01:24:50  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

Also interesting that ADP looks like having only a one year deal with an option with Erebus, but some level of talks with another team, should their lead driver depart for the US in 21....guess we have to give up on Chaz ever going there now...Pye to Tickford to replace Chaz sounds cool though....

Pye is ordinary at best. Tickford need a star not a journeyman.

Team 18 are useless and will never achieve anything. They should be second to Red Bull but they wonít even beat Erebus.

ADP, Hazelwood and Brown are three of the most exciting prospects going around. I hope they can all be in competitive machinery and competing for wins over the next few years.

Edited by - HRTKLR on 26 Jul 2019 01:28:15
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14437 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 26 Jul 2019 :  06:28:35  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HRTKLR

quote:
Originally posted by REM

Also interesting that ADP looks like having only a one year deal with an option with Erebus, but some level of talks with another team, should their lead driver depart for the US in 21....guess we have to give up on Chaz ever going there now...Pye to Tickford to replace Chaz sounds cool though....

Pye is ordinary at best. Tickford need a star not a journeyman.

Team 18 are useless and will never achieve anything. They should be second to Red Bull but they wonít even beat Erebus.

ADP, Hazelwood and Brown are three of the most exciting prospects going around. I hope they can all be in competitive machinery and competing for wins over the next few years.



trouble is....which star is available?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.


Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager



4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 26 Jul 2019 :  08:53:39  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by m4rf

I honestly believe may be halve of what is rumoured is plausible. MSR for example were looking to offload Hazelwood a month ago and now they are buy another REC. Scott Pye to swap with Mostert I can understand. The final part I am not sure of is Will Brown though. Is he Pyes replacement or Courtney as I am still finding it hard to believe that he is leaving for team forklift.



For 2020, MSR cannot continue to lease the Bright REC.

There options are to Buy a REC, lease a different REC, or drop out.

Considering they have told a favoured driver to look elsewhere, it seems that another driver is available on very advantageous commercial terms.

Has Hazelwood has lost one of his prior fairy godfathers?

This, from Speedcafe and Taubmans is interesting:
https://www.speedcafe.com/taubmanspaintthepicture/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 85 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.97 seconds.