No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 85

oldtimer
Team Manager



4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 04 Oct 2019 :  23:09:16  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Kellys have current state chassis and can convert a couple of them and they have the facility to build new ones if they want to sell the current cars into the Super2 market where they are competitive.

Elderly Falcons would not ease the new body pressures.

The Kelly family have a couple of championships with leased/rented used cars. Maybe they should just buy or lease cars, and save an absolute fortune on their wages bill.

Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14436 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 08 Oct 2019 :  18:05:51  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
JC to new Sydney based team - https://autoaction.com.au/2019/10/08/confirmed-sydney-supercars-team?fbclid=IwAR2PJiEuVnO6WQBM5TaPUF9qgXM1MaM2wtCz6B1RZpaC83PnWue92vZgpdQ

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.



Edited by - REM on 08 Oct 2019 18:06:52
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED



Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 08 Oct 2019 :  18:20:52  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

JC to new Sydney based team - https://autoaction.com.au/2019/10/08/confirmed-sydney-supercars-team?fbclid=IwAR2PJiEuVnO6WQBM5TaPUF9qgXM1MaM2wtCz6B1RZpaC83PnWue92vZgpdQ



Wow a lot in that article remmy...so who will be JCís team mate ?

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager



Australia
3092 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

 offline

Posted - 08 Oct 2019 :  18:57:27  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by REM

JC to new Sydney based team - https://autoaction.com.au/2019/10/08/confirmed-sydney-supercars-team?fbclid=IwAR2PJiEuVnO6WQBM5TaPUF9qgXM1MaM2wtCz6B1RZpaC83PnWue92vZgpdQ



Wow a lot in that article remmy...so who will be JCís team mate ?



Stanaway
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14436 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 08 Oct 2019 :  19:27:44  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Shame they are in ZB's.....Sydney is a Stang town....they are everywhere!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.


Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager



Australia
7277 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

 offline

Posted - 08 Oct 2019 :  20:28:53  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Crazy that Stanaway is in Adderton's pocket!
I'm sure he's not as bad driver as his results show, but surely not good enough to bank roll?


"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager



Australia
6829 Posts
joined 06 May 08

 offline

Posted - 08 Oct 2019 :  21:04:31  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Maybe Adderton is too proud to admit that he got it wrong when he shafted Tander for Stanaway?

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager



Australia
3092 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

 offline

Posted - 08 Oct 2019 :  21:35:05  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Maybe Adderton is too proud to admit that he got it wrong when he shafted Tander for Stanaway?



Was he wrong though?

Tander barely done bugger all in his final year, he is getting on in age and is better suited to enduros and other classes. Stanaway is a gun driver, he was way under resourced in the 4th car at PRA or Tickford or whatever they are this season and GRM are not in the best position to supply the resources either or a mentor/lead driver for that matter.

This is one of the problems with the decline in sponsorship dollars. Unless you are signed to drive one of the top 4 cars (17,12,88,97) in your rookie season then you are pushing **** up hill from the start.

It's looking more and more likely that a Sydney team is coming but why? Being in Sydney is going to require some big dollars especially in triple 8 cars if they want them current!
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED



Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 08 Oct 2019 :  21:40:13  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Maybe Adderton is too proud to admit that he got it wrong when he shafted Tander for Stanaway?



Was he wrong though?

Tander barely done bugger all in his final year, he is getting on in age and is better suited to enduros and other classes. Stanaway is a gun driver, he was way under resourced in the 4th car at PRA or Tickford or whatever they are this season and GRM are not in the best position to supply the resources either or a mentor/lead driver for that matter.

This is one of the problems with the decline in sponsorship dollars. Unless you are signed to drive one of the top 4 cars (17,12,88,97) in your rookie season then you are pushing **** up hill from the start.

It's looking more and more likely that a Sydney team is coming but why? Being in Sydney is going to require some big dollars especially in triple 8 cars if they want them current!



Yep thatís right...Tander was never going to win another championship...better off blooding new blood

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Bartlett
Pit Crew


218 Posts
joined 18 Sep 18

 offline

Posted - 08 Oct 2019 :  22:47:59  Show Profile Send Bartlett a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Agreed. But clearly a experienced teammate would have helped any young gun being bought into the team. What surprises me the most is why the other guy is still in the grm car. Whats his name? If they needed to bring new blood in they should have kept Garth and lost old mate.
The biggest issue with Stanaway is his attitude. I donít care how fast the guy is... or isnít.
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager



Australia
6829 Posts
joined 06 May 08

 offline

Posted - 08 Oct 2019 :  22:51:57  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ok, so Stanaway might have talent...but everyone has just agreed that GRM should have kept an experienced driver there. The cars are not as good this year and even Caruso jumped in for a few rounds and said they have no direction. Dumping Tander was dumb. Maybe Stanaway can benefit with someone like JC.

Begs the question, what next for GRM? A Caruso return?

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager



4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 08 Oct 2019 :  23:27:42  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

...

Yep thatís right...Tander was never going to win another championship...better off blooding new blood



If you eliminate every driver that is never going to win another championship, then you have a very small field.

Stanaway was never as good as he thinks he is, and that is his problem Clearly, if he is not winning, itis the car, it is the team, it is the mechanics etc.

If he had behaved and taken advantage of the Tickford opportunity gifted to him, then he would be in a Mustang capable of winning, surely doing justice to his highly esteemed opinion of himself.

No! he had to whinge and whine, blame everyone else and Tickford just got pissed off with his attitude. His attitude is now well known to other team owners and few would want to take a chance if he didn't have a sugar daddy with a fat wallet paying for the drive.

In 2020, it is very unlikely to see Stanaway in a competitive car in a competitive team. (IMHO )
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager



Australia
3092 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

 offline

Posted - 09 Oct 2019 :  08:28:48  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

...

Yep thatís right...Tander was never going to win another championship...better off blooding new blood



If you eliminate every driver that is never going to win another championship, then you have a very small field.

Stanaway was never as good as he thinks he is, and that is his problem Clearly, if he is not winning, itis the car, it is the team, it is the mechanics etc.

If he had behaved and taken advantage of the Tickford opportunity gifted to him, then he would be in a Mustang capable of winning, surely doing justice to his highly esteemed opinion of himself.

No! he had to whinge and whine, blame everyone else and Tickford just got pissed off with his attitude. His attitude is now well known to other team owners and few would want to take a chance if he didn't have a sugar daddy with a fat wallet paying for the drive.

In 2020, it is very unlikely to see Stanaway in a competitive car in a competitive team. (IMHO )



People kiss Waters ass yet he was pretty slow in the early years. Jdub the 7 time legend was terrible at GRM and plenty more examples of guys who are fast as **** but were not given the right gear at the beginning.

Stanaways biggest mistake was jumping on a Tickford contract, he was meant to receive a budget, car and crew equal to the top 2 tickford cars, he didn't! The GRM car he is in is no better then the Tickford car, crew? Better but still not at the level to even have a McLaughlin winning championships.

Would of been interesting to see how Richie went if he replaced "the other bloke" and ran along side GT but wages decided that no doubt.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager



Australia
7277 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

 offline

Posted - 09 Oct 2019 :  12:21:26  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Maybe Adderton is too proud to admit that he got it wrong when he shafted Tander for Stanaway?



Was he wrong though?

Tander barely done bugger all in his final year, he is getting on in age and is better suited to enduros and other classes. Stanaway is a gun driver, he was way under resourced in the 4th car at PRA or Tickford or whatever they are this season and GRM are not in the best position to supply the resources either or a mentor/lead driver for that matter.

This is one of the problems with the decline in sponsorship dollars. Unless you are signed to drive one of the top 4 cars (17,12,88,97) in your rookie season then you are pushing **** up hill from the start.

It's looking more and more likely that a Sydney team is coming but why? Being in Sydney is going to require some big dollars especially in triple 8 cars if they want them current!



Yep thatís right...Tander was never going to win another championship...better off blooding new blood


When is GRM ever going to win a championship? Certainly not in the short/medium term.
At the end of the day money talks, but in a perfect world, GT would've brought that car up the timesheets for sure.
Just remember his final ever full-time race - a red hot shootout lap!

On Golding, apparently he brings a nice budget with Luxton Homes - some suggesting 7 figures!


"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager


Australia
6354 Posts
joined 14 May 03

 offline

Posted - 09 Oct 2019 :  13:07:21  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505


Stanaways biggest mistake was jumping on a Tickford contract, he was meant to receive a budget, car and crew equal to the top 2 tickford cars, he didn't!



You keep saying this but where's the proof? There is proof to say he received equal machinery as he complained that his car wasn't as good as the other so he was given Frosty's car and engine wise, Tim Edwards explained the engines are in rotation at Tickford so he go tht same there too.

This year, Adderton acknowledged he needed an attitude adjustment which appears to have happened but he's performed no better so why is Adderton sticking with him in 2020?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 85 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 10.31 seconds.