No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 85

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7277 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 09 Oct 2019 :  16:53:18  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And here's confirmation: Courtney + Tekno + SMP + 888 ZB's.
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/courtney-to-lead-sydney-supercars-team/

Motorsport.com also suggesting Le Broq at Tickford to take Chaz's seat:
https://au.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/le-brocq-tickford-mustang-2020/4554714/

Multi-year agreement, a year too late IMO. And Lee set to hold his seat too!

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 09 Oct 2019 16:55:35
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 09 Oct 2019 :  18:40:35  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kieron302

quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

Stanaways biggest mistake was jumping on a Tickford contract, he was meant to receive a budget, car and crew equal to the top 2 tickford cars, he didn't!

You keep saying this but where's the proof? There is proof to say he received equal machinery as he complained that his car wasn't as good as the other so he was given Frosty's car and engine wise, Tim Edwards explained the engines are in rotation at Tickford so he go tht same there too.

This year, Adderton acknowledged he needed an attitude adjustment which appears to have happened but he's performed no better so why is Adderton sticking with him in 2020?

Is he???????
Go to Top of Page

fordie
Formula Ford Driver

254 Posts
joined 13 Jul 08

Posted - 09 Oct 2019 :  21:11:10  Show Profile Send fordie a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Team 18 have posted toda, jobs for a data analyist and race engineer...... maybe 2 cars all but confirmed??
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 09 Oct 2019 :  21:57:32  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Looking at Rod Salmon's racing stats, he should contemplate running a Super 2 car for himself and stepping in for the enduros.

https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/rod-salmon/

It will be good for Courtney to have a team principal who understands Motor Racing instead of a former boss of a team that plays with balls.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/club-rugby/ryan-23-the-dj-who-owns-gloucester-2284337.html

I seriously like the concept of a team signing two drivers to their second car, sharing the single driver rounds that best suit their respective sponsors, and then teaming up for the enduros.

I hope it is approved and allowed in 2020 and adopted by a few teams.

It could also be beneficial to a team like KBR, where they could run one Super2 car and one Super1 car and share rounds between the drivers and then team up for the enduros. Maybe they are better off running Wildcard and Enduro races.

Edited by - oldtimer on 09 Oct 2019 23:54:31
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11341 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  08:06:50  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Supercars are pulling themselves silly if they think fans are going to get behind it like they did with the Wanderers and Giants.

Edited by - CP on 10 Oct 2019 08:07:44
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  09:11:04  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

Supercars are pulling themselves silly if they think fans are going to get behind it like they did with the Wanderers and Giants.

Who????????????????????
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3092 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  16:49:46  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tickford continue to lose money and sponsors, they are looking like going into 2020 without a single driver capable of fighting for the championship.

Driver line up looking like Lebrocq, Waters, and Lee. 23red still running davo.

Link to drivers https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/10/09/new-sydney-team-tickford-in-silly-season-twist/
Go to Top of Page

Tasv8
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
771 Posts
joined 17 Mar 09

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  17:52:53  Show Profile Send Tasv8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Tickford continue to lose money and sponsors, they are looking like going into 2020 without a single driver capable of fighting for the championship.

Link to drivers https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/10/09/new-sydney-team-tickford-in-silly-season-twist/

A couple of questions. Which sponsors have they lost and how much money have they lost?
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14436 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  18:27:33  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Davo will be lead driver, the rest are ok, but not real contenders! Still boggles the mind that Chaz is walking away from the 2nd best car in the series after the DJRTP cars....

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3092 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  18:40:58  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

Davo will be lead driver, the rest are ok, but not real contenders! Still boggles the mind that Chaz is walking away from the 2nd best car in the series after the DJRTP cars....

Tickford obviously can not pay him what he is worth. Shame, I think they need him to regain what they've lost.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  18:49:08  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

I seriously like the concept of a team signing two drivers to their second car, sharing the single driver rounds that best suit their respective sponsors, and then teaming up for the enduros.

It could also be beneficial to a team like KBR, where they could run one Super2 car and one Super1 car and share rounds between the drivers and then team up for the enduros. Maybe they are better off running Wildcard and Enduro races.

Matt Stone seems to like the idea too.
quote:
Supercars team principal Matt Stone has eluded to the fact that he wants to expand his team to a two car squad as soon as 2020, hinting that he would like to share the car amongst multiple drivers during the season.

https://autoaction.com.au/2019/10/10/msr-wants-share-driver-option-in-2020
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3092 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  19:40:51  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Matt Stone seems to like the idea too.
quote:
Supercars team principal Matt Stone has eluded to the fact that he wants to expand his team to a two car squad as soon as 2020, hinting that he would like to share the car amongst multiple drivers during the season.

https://autoaction.com.au/2019/10/10/msr-wants-share-driver-option-in-2020

If it's done right I'll support it. May even need it's own topic.
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6460 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  20:06:41  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tasv8

quote:

A couple of questions. Which sponsors have they lost and how much money have they lost?

Surely you know by now that troy01505 makes these wild, baseless allegations regarding Tickford's budget and mysteriously goes missing when evidence is requested.

Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3092 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  21:02:56  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

quote:

quote:

Surely you know by now that troy01505 makes these wild, baseless allegations regarding Tickford's budget and mysteriously goes missing when evidence is requested.

Not missing??? I choose not to answer, here is why!

I say little bits about little bits here and tgere and that is it, whether or not people believe it or not then that is their decision and not of any concern to me at all.

Obviously I also have an opinion just like many others on here and I am entitled to speak that opinion. Whether or not people read it or agree or even, well, that is also not really my concern.

This obviously is not proof but once upon a time i said that if PRAs poor results, performances and business decisions continue then sponsors will not be renewing contracts or will be significantly reducing the package once they are up for renegotiation. Back then they had Frosty, Chaz, Cam and bright. Now 2020 they may still have 3 cars but money for drivers is the problem. Where are they? Frosty at T18 and Chaz at WAU. Lee, Le-Brocq and Cam. I have expanded on this from time to time but barely, whether or not anyone believes it then that is their choice.

2020 is going to be a year of building and rebuilding for most and will be a Penske/triple 8 domination once more.
Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
3022 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 11 Oct 2019 :  07:45:19  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

quote:

quote:

Not missing??? I choose not to answer, here is why!

I say little bits about little bits here and tgere and that is it, whether or not people believe it or not then that is their decision and not of any concern to me at all.

Obviously I also have an opinion just like many others on here and I am entitled to speak that opinion. Whether or not people read it or agree or even, well, that is also not really my concern.

This obviously is not proof but once upon a time i said that if PRAs poor results, performances and business decisions continue then sponsors will not be renewing contracts or will be significantly reducing the package once they are up for renegotiation. Back then they had Frosty, Chaz, Cam and bright. Now 2020 they may still have 3 cars but money for drivers is the problem. Where are they? Frosty at T18 and Chaz at WAU. Lee, Le-Brocq and Cam. I have expanded on this from time to time but barely, whether or not anyone believes it then that is their choice.

2020 is going to be a year of building and rebuilding for most and will be a Penske/triple 8 domination once more.

So made up **** again!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 85 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.09 seconds.