No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 85

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6831 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  15:20:10  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Holdsworth to confirm 2020 plans on Thursday. I don't think there should be any surprises with what it is, right?

I thought it had already been announced he was staying with Tickford.

Apparently not, I just had word that it is on the schedule to be 'announced' on Trackside this Thursday.

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10713 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  16:29:33  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lee has done a good job and improved a lot over the course of the year. He deserves to keep his drive.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11341 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  16:33:05  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He will remain in his Southern Comfort (and Bottle O) Zone.

https://autoaction.com.au/2019/11/19/holdsworth-stays-with-tickford

Edited by - CP on 19 Nov 2019 16:34:43
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3094 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  17:13:47  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

He will remain in his Southern Comfort (and Bottle O) Zone.

https://autoaction.com.au/2019/11/19/holdsworth-stays-with-tickford

Good news for the other teams.
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 20 Nov 2019 :  18:09:22  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

Still only 23 entries with another 3 RECs available but not taken up.

Should an all new Sydney startup team eventuate, they might be able to pick up cars and a lot pit gear from GRM as a bargain job lot at a good price. Maybe not the best Commodores but there isn't a lot of 888 cars available. The cars could be upgraded with 888 bits.

What about TEKNO which apparently wants to run two cars, but the Salmon connection seems to be a non starter. Are they still in the market for another REC?

Then there is KBR. They have an upgraded 888 spec car available and a second car that could be upgraded.

As I understand it, the Kostecki family are based in WA and the KBR workshop is in Qld. Could they be in line for the new Sydney Team?

888 is also running a brace of pay drivers in Super2. Maybe their families will up the cash input so that that team could upgrade to a second 888 run team, maybe with the families providing the RECs as well as the cars.

We could yet see 26 entries and a few wildcards.

If GRM hadn't dropped out, the REC market would have been very crowded.

There was an article the other day that's been referenced here about the ****fight between Salmon and Webb.

Found it:

it is interesting to note the claim that Jono Webb does not own the REC, so one might wonder just how much of TEKNO he owns and whether the deal will depend on Dad Steve.
quote:
The Webb family and Sydney property developer and racer Rod Salmon are now running rival bids for the deal, when originally they were meant to team up and work together.

A meeting scheduled for Wednesday (November 13) was due to review the plans and make a call on the future of the first Supercars team to be run out of Sydney since 2003.

For the first time since confirming the Team Sydney plan at the Bathurst 1000 – after the news was broken by autoaction.com.au – Supercars is publicly hedging its bets about when the team will be rolled out.

“It (Team Sydney) needs to be done right, that’s the number one priority,” Supercars CEO Sean Seamer told media at the Sandown 500 last weekend.

“It doesn’t have to be done fast, it needs to be done right.”

Right now, the plan is for a two-car team to be based in a temporary facility at Sydney Motorsport Park in 2020 ahead of moving into an all-new headquarters in 2021.

The team is intended to run two Triple Eight Holden Commodore ZBs for James Courtney and an as-yet un-named second driver.

The Webb family was to supply its existing Racing Entitlement Contract (REC) to the deal, while Salmon was to purchase another from among the three Supercars had ‘on the shelf’.

Salmon was never officially named as part of the deal, the official press release issued at Bathurst only referring to Tekno boss Jonathon Webb “finalising agreements with new partners”.

But the Webb and his father – and Tekno REC owner Steve – and Salmon have not pursued their mooted deal.

At Sandown last weekend there were strong rumours the Webbs were going it alone and Salmon was out of the picture.

But sources close to Salmon insist that he remains fully committed to the project, has no interest in aligning with the Webbs and believes he has the legal upper-hand in terms of agreements with parties relevant to the deal.

Those parties include the NSW government – which is tipping in $33 million to develop a motorsport centre of excellence at SMP – the Australian Racing Drivers Club (ARDC) – which runs SMP – and the Confederation of Australian Motorsports (CAMS).

Whoever ends up being Team Sydney, Supercars is clear it must race two cars, meaning the Webbs have one REC to secure or Salmon two. RECS are currently quite cheap, valued at about $200,000 each.

Seamer indicated Wednesday’s meeting was a key milestone for the project.

“We will be reviewing the plan for Team Sydney next Wednesday and be looking to be finalising REC transfers or sale of RECs not long after that,” he said.

“So we are pretty much out of time, we have a view on what the different parties want to do so we are about a week away from a decision and confirmation on that.”

Asked if there was a chance Team Sydney may “fall over”, Seamer replied “not at this stage”.

“Our priority is making sure that we get the chance to work through the business plans and making sure everything is planning to be executed at the highest possible level given the importance to Supercars as a category, as a sport and for the NSW government as well,” he said.

Seamer explained there were a number of urgent priorities that had to be resolved.

“There are certain things that need to be done in the next week in terms of REC transfer and driver market. What the building is going to look like etcetera, less important.

“But getting the REC sorted out and getting the drivers sorted out and making sure the NSW government is happy with the plan and making sure the ARDC is happy with the plan, that’s the priority for the next couple of weeks.”

Webb was taciturn when approached about the future of Team Sydney by Auto Action.

“Nothing has changed from my point of view,” he said.

“You (media) can assume what you want to assume, as you have all done to date anyway. I am not making any comment on it.”

https://autoaction.com.au/2019/11/11/fight-for-team-sydney

Later addition:
Is Scott McLaughlin returning to New Zealand??????

On Channel 7 Brisbane News tonight, he said that he wasn't interested in Overseas Offers . (not verbatim).

News Flash Scott: Australia IS Overseas.

Edited by - oldtimer on 20 Nov 2019 21:11:18
Go to Top of Page

ignition
Terminator

2473 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  09:15:55  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Holdsworth to confirm 2020 plans on Thursday. I don't think there should be any surprises with what it is, right?

Apparently not, I just had word that it is on the schedule to be 'announced' on Trackside this Thursday.

Truck Assist are announcing some "exciting news" on Trackside this arvo, perhaps Lee's new sponsor?

edit: on further thoughts - i think it'll just be confirmation that Le Brocq will be off to Tickford next year carrying the Truck Assist sponsorship with him

Edited by - ignition on 21 Nov 2019 09:18:03
Go to Top of Page

Playle40
Pit Crew

New Zealand
101 Posts
joined 17 Nov 17

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  14:38:17  Show Profile Send Playle40 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ignition

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Truck Assist are announcing some "exciting news" on Trackside this arvo, perhaps Lee's new sponsor?

edit: on further thoughts - i think it'll just be confirmation that Le Brocq will be off to Tickford next year carrying the Truck Assist sponsorship with him

Supercheap Auto to stick with Mostert then on the trip to WAU?
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8249 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  16:08:33  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Later addition:
Is Scott McLaughlin returning to New Zealand??????

On Channel 7 Brisbane News tonight, he said that he wasn't interested in Overseas Offers . (not verbatim).

Scott is in a new advert for a NZ building company saying, Love home, as well as being at a few iconic kiwi places.

Go to Top of Page

FirstOnRaceDay
Transporter Driver

65 Posts
joined 12 Aug 19

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  16:24:06  Show Profile Send FirstOnRaceDay a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
With the rumours of LeBroque heading to Tickford is it an earned drive through talent or more so a paid drive?. I’m genuinely asking here as I haven’t seen that much of him to know how good/bad he is.

I would have preferred Tom Randle to have worked his way through.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3094 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  16:50:44  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by FirstOnRaceDay

With the rumours of LeBroque heading to Tickford is it an earned drive through talent or more so a paid drive?. I’m genuinely asking here as I haven’t seen that much of him to know how good/bad he is.

Taking a sponsor so to me that’s buying a drive.
Go to Top of Page

Playle40
Pit Crew

New Zealand
101 Posts
joined 17 Nov 17

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  16:56:25  Show Profile Send Playle40 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lee Holdsworth 2 year deal in the #5 Truck Assist Mustang. Is Le Brocq getting the Bottle O car?
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7382 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  17:07:37  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It read like Bottle-O were leaving???

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

13000 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  17:45:57  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/truck-assist-mustang-for-holdsworth-in-2020/

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6831 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  18:03:05  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sponsorship is a bit out of left field. Wonder if Le Brocq is wanted by Bottle-O or has another partner? Is Le Brocq a sure thing or could we see a shock switch to Randle at the 11th following a strong enduro cup campaign?

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3094 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  18:13:03  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by FirstOnRaceDay

Taking a sponsor so to me that’s buying a drive.

I stand corrected, he lost his sponsor unless they step up to 2 cars but i doubt that.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 85 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds.