No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 114

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3130 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 26 Nov 2019 :  11:16:14  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

quote:
Originally posted by CP

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty05

Mostert confirmed this morning

Along with Bryce Fulwood as his team mate, and Supercheap to stay at Tickford with Jack le Brocq.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/wau-announces-multi-year-mostert-deal/

Reading the article, there is speculation, but:

No announcement re leBroc
No announcement re Fullwood
No announcement re Supercheap.

You may be right but that reference does not support your conjecture.

You must have a different version of that reference than is available on line.

DeBorre apparently likely to move with Mozzie too. Seems more and more are not happy with Tickford or rumours pay cuts upon contract renewals.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10751 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 26 Nov 2019 :  19:55:37  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sucks to see Chaz go. Shame that some fans do turn on drivers as soon as they change. Chaz is my favourite driver and I'll still support him. But I'm a Ford fan first. If a Holden has to win, I hope it's him and I hope that one day he'll be back in a Ford.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3130 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  07:19:14  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Sucks to see Chaz go. Shame that some fans do turn on drivers as soon as they change. Chaz is my favourite driver and I'll still support him. But I'm a Ford fan first. If a Holden has to win, I hope it's him and I hope that one day he'll be back in a Ford.

Some fans take it to far. I was hoping Chaz was going to stay blue for his entire career especially after Frosty jumped ship. Unfortunately there just are not enough choices on the blue side anymore. People do not believe it but a shrinking income in a dwindling sponsorship market has had a big impact on morale there and drivers walking. Other teams are experiencing the drop also but handling it a little better.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

13027 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  08:15:53  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So Chaz jumped to a team with the same problems?

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  09:42:48  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

He clearly judged that the situation might continue with Tickford, but WAU are restructuring for 2020, the first since A and U bought into the team, and they have piles, of money that is.

I expect a team management and engineering restructure with an injection from overseas. With the demise of a Kelly team and GRM, there will be a few solid staff, with Supercar experience, in the market who don't want to move to Qld. or NSW.

If it doesn't work, Jaimie Whincup will be giving up his seat in a couple of years and Scott McLaughlan will eventually be going to USA, racing wheelbarrows for Roger Penske.
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22673 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  10:15:50  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Youlden has retired.

https://autoaction.com.au/2019/11/27/youlden-retires-from-supercars?fbclid=IwAR28tn2t82rNCc4p62QxhOsWP7OdE7rTbwfV5mD3_Y6akoNovIx00CBrY3k
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7394 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  10:26:25  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Youlden has retired.

https://autoaction.com.au/2019/11/27/youlden-retires-from-supercars?fbclid=IwAR28tn2t82rNCc4p62QxhOsWP7OdE7rTbwfV5mD3_Y6akoNovIx00CBrY3k

Could sense this coming. Youlden didn't have that edge, even when he won Bathurst, I still didn't rate him among the top 3-5 co-drivers.

Premat is similar IMO - even have matching haircuts.
Give him another year, he deserves it after winning Bathurst, but if he doesn't go back to back - he wasn't all that impressive at the other events.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3130 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  10:44:31  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertM

It would seem so but there is a slight difference. WAU have a massive cash injection and are under going a pretty decent overhaul. WAU are at the beginning of rectifying all their problems where as Tickford itís still early days and still on the decline. Oh and there is also the extra salary to sweeten the deal.
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10751 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  11:07:11  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not surprised about Youlden. He just wasn't driving right this year and was really hard on himself about Bathurst. I had a feeling this was his last enduro campaign.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7427 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  11:12:03  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Right call. Several mistakes in all rounds this year. But top effort to do it for around 20 years without a full time gig

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7394 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  12:05:49  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Will Chaz run the HRT favourite #2 or stick with his love of double digits in #22?

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6851 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  12:15:27  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Surely Erebus should be rushing to sign someone like Tim Slade to partner Dave Reynolds.

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

adzy_B
V8 Champion

Australia
879 Posts
joined 06 May 09

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  12:52:48  Show Profile Send adzy_B a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Surely Erebus should be rushing to sign someone like Tim Slade to partner Dave Reynolds.

Supercars site linking Brodie K to the drive
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1486 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  13:02:31  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Or WAU signing him to pair with Chaz.

Sladey is holding a great hand and might as well keep his cards close to his vest. He has a lot of time to "call" them.

Who wants to throw the most money in the pot before he fans out his cards and takes it?

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7394 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  14:04:55  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Penske may have him on the radar too. Stubbsy suggested Ryan may have given Courtney a call... (denied by Ryan, but no point confirming it now either).

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 114  Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.95 seconds.