No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 85

ignition
Terminator

2472 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  13:56:38  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Waters was also the only one to appear in every single top ten shootout apparently. good effort, shame his results don't match
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12995 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 28 Nov 2019 :  14:31:25  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ignition

Waters was also the only one to appear in every single top ten shootout apparently. good effort, shame his results don't match

Beat me to it.

Tickford are not without experience. Davison and Holdsworth are not rookies. Out side the power houses of 888 and DJRTP they are the next best.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1529 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 29 Nov 2019 :  17:50:09  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The biggest surprise I had with Tickford was signing Holdsworth on a two year deal. While he improved a lot in the second half of the year and got some solid results there probably isn't much scope for improvement over the next two years - would have thought he might be moved aside for Randle in 2021 who might be someone to take them up the grid.

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Henry
Jaded Old Coot

Australia
3368 Posts
joined 12 Feb 04

Posted - 29 Nov 2019 :  19:34:06  Show Profile  Visit Henry's Homepage Send Henry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by Kytabu

Waters had the second best qualifying average this season, better than Chaz. If he converts his grid positions into results he'll be right up there.

Hopefully Chaz won't continually take him out this year...

nothing stopping him from returning serve next year...

Dad once said "son, arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. Even if you're a grand master, playing at your best, the pigeon is just going to **** on the board and then walk around like it won".
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1346 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  01:23:08  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SetonFan

The biggest surprise I had with Tickford was signing Holdsworth on a two year deal. While he improved a lot in the second half of the year and got some solid results there probably isn't much scope for improvement over the next two years - would have thought he might be moved aside for Randle in 2021 who might be someone to take them up the grid.

I was hoping to see Thomas get the nod over Jack, myself.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12995 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  08:05:05  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Had thought the same. Maybe the Truck Assist money came with Jack.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3092 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  08:36:19  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Henry

quote:

quote:

Waters had the second best qualifying average this season, better than Chaz. If he converts his grid positions into results he'll be right up there.

And now heíll have the apparent Holden advantage with the officials so can bump and run him more often with out the fear of consequences.
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11341 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  09:35:21  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:
Originally posted by Henry

quote:

quote:

And now heíll have the apparent Holden advantage with the officials so can bump and run him more often with out the fear of consequences.

No he won't.

That only applies to the team of Three Eights.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3092 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  10:46:38  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another Chaz article with apparent reason of move. Anyone wanna guess or confirm the real reason?

Interesting points:
I was told I was full of **** when I mentioned here that Chaz had a big offer from Penske.
I was told I was full of **** when I mentioned the performance clause.
Fullwood to 2nd WAU car.

https://autoaction.com.au/2019/11/30/chaz-key-to-wau-plan

Go to Top of Page

stompin
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
524 Posts
joined 03 Dec 09

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  13:01:46  Show Profile Send stompin a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Big offer from Penske and turned it down? I struggle to believe that one....

What really was his option stay and sit in the same rut or take a chance at wau I think heís made the right decision given the situation.
Go to Top of Page

adzy_B
V8 Champion

Australia
867 Posts
joined 06 May 09

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  14:58:51  Show Profile Send adzy_B a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stompin

What really was his option stay and sit in the same rut or take a chance at wau I think heís made the right decision given the situation.

I can believe it, I wouldn't wanna be Scotty Mac's teammate.
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12995 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  15:40:00  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thoughts from the ether. Did Chaz stuff around to much and the Penske offer evaporated? Was WAU his fall back? WAU looks promising now, but 6 months ago you wouldn't go near them.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Tasv8
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
771 Posts
joined 17 Mar 09

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  16:46:01  Show Profile Send Tasv8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stompin

He may have had a big offer from Penske but a bigger one from WAU. I reckon he's after the $$$$ and there's nothing wrong with that. Plenty of other drivers have done it in the past and will do it in the future.
Go to Top of Page

buzzer
Transporter Driver

Australia
41 Posts
joined 21 Feb 13

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  20:41:12  Show Profile Send buzzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thereís a story in todayís Daily paper saying BMW are returning with WAU

Itís subscription only so I canít read it, Iím guessing itís for 2021 ?
Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12995 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 30 Nov 2019 :  21:18:51  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Might be the carrot Chaz was looking for.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 85 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds.