No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Silly 2020.............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 85

m4rf
Fujitsu Driver

626 Posts
joined 08 Mar 12

Posted - 19 Dec 2019 :  09:59:00  Show Profile Send m4rf a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I believe MWM have a close alliance with the Kelly's since the Altima program. A few MWM drivers have ended up co drivers for the Kelly's also. If though the Kelly's have there own super 2 programs it makes more sense to use those drivers in the Enduros.

To dare is to do.
Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager

Australia
6354 Posts
joined 14 May 03

Posted - 19 Dec 2019 :  19:36:46  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman
And a general question to all:
Why can't Randle still run the enduros with Tickford?
Matt White runs a successful program with no link to main game teams, meaning their business model is to win rather than foster talent like Tickford Super2.

I see this is a win/win by Tickford. They loan Randle out (in a fast car too), and they can bring another talent in.

Agreed, seems Rusty has still got skin in the game with Randle via Skye Sands sponsorship too.
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7381 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 20 Dec 2019 :  10:16:26  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dean Fiore with Pye

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6829 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 23 Dec 2019 :  12:58:32  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Like a few others, Iím wondering about this whole Sydney team stuff.
Also, whatís going on with WAU and Fullwood? I wonder if Courtney is back in the mix?

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11341 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 23 Dec 2019 :  13:42:12  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ampol branding on the Triple Eight cars next year?

https://www.9news.com.au/national/caltex-services-stations-rebranded-as-ampol-outlets/5e9597e1-ed44-4097-af7e-c64b784a92b6
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8248 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 23 Dec 2019 :  16:22:29  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Also, whatís going on with WAU and Fullwood? I wonder if Courtney is back in the mix?

I highly doubt JC will be back at WAU.

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10712 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 24 Dec 2019 :  01:35:27  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

It's a tough one for him if the whole thing has gone to ****, considering Triple 8, DJRTP and Erebus all have their enduro lineups locked in. You'd imagine Tickford would be the best bet.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1346 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 24 Dec 2019 :  02:56:48  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

It's a tough one for him if the whole thing has gone to ****, considering Triple 8, DJRTP and Erebus all have their enduro lineups locked in. You'd imagine Tickford would be the best bet.

Tickford is one place he hasn't been before and subsequently left for "greener pastures".

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 24 Dec 2019 :  09:16:20  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Courtney is with TEKNO. Even if Sydney doesn't happen 2020. he can still race of of Queensland.

WAU have repeatedly said they may have a surprise overseas driver. Maybe the wait is for his decision or contract negotiations overseas.

Fullwood could still have the consolation prize of an Enduro drive.
Go to Top of Page

LotusCortina
Transporter Driver

44 Posts
joined 07 Nov 16

Posted - 24 Dec 2019 :  12:46:33  Show Profile Send LotusCortina a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer
WAU have repeatedly said they may have a surprise overseas driver. Maybe the wait is for his decision or contract negotiations overseas.

Alonso :)
Go to Top of Page

Kieron302
Team Manager

Australia
6354 Posts
joined 14 May 03

Posted - 24 Dec 2019 :  14:50:31  Show Profile Send Kieron302 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

Tickford is one place he hasn't been before and subsequently left for "greener pastures".
[/quote]

Id memory serves, along with Charlie, he was supposed to be under the Tickford (then FPR) motorsport banner when he left DJRP with Pepsi sponsorship. Vaguely recall a car was available and Pepsi had knocked out special tin's with his pic on them.
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6829 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 24 Dec 2019 :  21:34:05  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LotusCortina

quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

Alonso :)

Instead of a GP2 engine, he'll get a nice Super2 car!

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

madbugger
V8 Champion

Australia
1457 Posts
joined 26 Jun 06

Posted - 25 Dec 2019 :  09:58:02  Show Profile Send madbugger a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Apparently it has been his life long dream to drive for Tickford.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1346 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 26 Dec 2019 :  21:54:12  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kieron302
Id memory serves, along with Charlie, he was supposed to be under the Tickford (then FPR) motorsport banner when he left DJRP with Pepsi sponsorship. Vaguely recall a car was available and Pepsi had knocked out special tin's with his pic on them.

You got me thinking. I kind of remember that. But my memory is not what it used to be so I had to resort to wiki:

The team is owned by Gold Coast businessman Charlie Schwerkolt, who previously had a shareholding in Dick Johnson Racing. The relationship between Schwerkolt and Dick Johnson broke down at the end of 2010, the year James Courtney won the championship for the team. As part of the split Schwerkolt retained ownership of one of the two Racing Entitlement Contracts (RECs).

Schwerkolt had attempted to conclude a deal to run a fourth car out of Ford Performance Racing with Courtney driving, but after Courtney signed to drive with the Holden Racing Team, the deal collapsed. The REC was instead leased to Dick Johnson Racing for James Moffat's entry for the 2011 and 2012 seasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Schwerkolt_Racing

So, with that, I guess JC did kind of leave Charlie (Tickford-to-be) when he fled DJR and him for what eventually became WAU. If he can find a place at Tickford, good for him.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3092 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 26 Dec 2019 :  21:58:52  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by madbugger

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Muz

Apparently it has been his life long dream to drive for Tickford.

Probably would have been a better option when they had a decent bank account.

Sydney team will be announced in full after Jan 1
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 85 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.61 seconds.