V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 CAMS National Racing Series
 General CAMS Series
 TCR racing (alert: possible spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

oldtimer
Team Manager

4285 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 13 Jul 2019 :  19:53:17  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by journeyman racer

quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

I think you are being a bit rough there.

There are some very experienced male drivers in the field.

Molly is a Rally driver, and although a champion, is new to circuits and clearly not in one of the better cars.

Leanne, also a champion elsewhere, is only a part time racer in most recent years.

They're not that good. In the case of Taylor, she's actually diminishing the status of a Rally champion.

You may allege that it is so.

However, I abhor your sexist comments.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17271 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 14 Jul 2019 :  10:37:38  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:

Qualifying for Tailem Bend.

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/649293882/object_392215.78w/Result?16

Australia’s best female drivers seem to struggle a bit in these cars

Actually I thought Leanne did a great job at the Island. Got caught up in other people's stuff which hurt the results but I would def have her in my team.

Still one of our best gals!!

Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10648 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 14 Jul 2019 :  23:04:27  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

quote:

quote:

Actually I thought Leanne did a great job at the Island. Got caught up in other people's stuff which hurt the results but I would def have her in my team.

Still one of our best gals!!

Agreed. She did well considering she doesn't race a lot these days. The other three, well not great starts but they may improve. For Molly Taylor it's no doubt hard as she's used to a completely different style of motorsport. About the only similarity is that the car looks similar to her rally car.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
2951 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 15 Jul 2019 :  08:09:47  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Agree but females rarely get the same financial backing and opportunities compared to males, they are also not taken very seriously in the learning and development years early on.
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1619 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 21 Jul 2019 :  21:45:54  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
oldtimer doesn't like my sexist comments? I'll ask him if he knows what sexist means?

There's never been a serious, intentional female racing driver. That includes Tander. Intentionality overcomes the issues troy has brought up.

Shouldn't there be one thread that has spoilers?

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4285 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 22 Jul 2019 :  00:41:41  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

oldtimer doesn't like my sexist comments? I'll ask him if he knows what sexist means?

There's never been a serious, intentional female racing driver. That includes Tander. Intentionality overcomes the issues troy has brought up.

Shouldn't there be one thread that has spoilers?

quote:
Sexism may be defined as an ideology based on the belief that one sex is superior to another. It is discrimination, prejudice, or stereotyping on the basis of gender, and is most often expressed toward girls and women. It has been characterized as the "hatred of women" and "entrenched prejudice against women".
Sexism - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexism

quote:
Word forms: plural sexists
adjective
If you describe people or their behaviour as sexist, you mean that they are influenced by the belief that the members of one sex, usually women, are less intelligent or less capable than those of the other sex and need not be treated equally.
[disapproval]
Old-fashioned sexist attitudes are still common.
I think the whole thing is very unfair and if I may say so I think it's very sexist.
I am not being sexist.
A sexist is someone with sexist views or behaviour.
COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers

quote:
Sexism can take many forms, such as jokes or comments, sexual harassment or treating a person unfairly because of his or her sex.

In some cases, these forms of sexism can be against the law. Sex discrimination is when someone is treated less favourably, or not given the same opportunities, as a person of a different sex because of their sex.

Sexism can also be against the law when it is expressed as discrimination against a person on the basis of gender identity, intersex status, sexual orientation, marital or relationship status, family responsibilities, pregnancy or potential pregnancy or breastfeeding.

The Sex Discrimination Act protects people against discrimination in many areas of public life including, employment, education, getting or using services or renting or buying a house or unit. There are some limited exemptions.

Sexual harassment is against the law in specific areas of public life, including in the workplace. Sexual harassment is any unwanted or unwelcome sexual behaviour where a reasonable person would have anticipated the possibility that the person harassed would feel offended, humiliated or intimidated. It has nothing to do with mutual attraction or consensual behaviour.

Innuendo, suggestive comments or jokes and insults or taunts based on sex can amount to sexual harassment.

Sexual harassment can also occur where a work environment or culture is sexually charged or ‘hostile’, even if the conduct is not directed at any particular employee. Innuendo can be a contributing factor to a sexually hostile workplace.

Example: In a situation where sexual advances had been made and rejected, the comment “I really like working under you”, said with an emphasis on the word “under”, is an example of innuendo that could constitute sexual harassment.

A person who sexually harasses someone else is primarily responsible for their behaviour.However, in many cases, employers can also be held responsible for sexual harassment by their employees towards other staff, clients and customers. This is called ‘vicarious liability’.

AZ Links: Sex Discrimination Sexual Harassment
Learn More:
Good Practice, Good Business: SDA Factsheet

https://www.humanrights.gov.au/quick-guide/12094
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1619 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 22 Jul 2019 :  22:14:46  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How does it apply to me?

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22476 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 23 Jul 2019 :  07:43:20  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Take it to PM thanks.
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1619 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 03 Aug 2019 :  14:39:33  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Brown with a dumbo moment, and ruins his and Martin's race.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22476 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 03 Aug 2019 :  15:22:53  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He's only a young'un.
He will learn from that.
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1619 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 04 Aug 2019 :  09:30:11  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes. But it was particularly disappointing that it ruined Martin's race (And probably the rest of his weekend). After getting a win at the Bend, I was expecting Martin to get on a roll.

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22476 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Aug 2019 :  10:13:58  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If you've ever taken someone out in a race, or been on the receiving end, you would know that all drivers make mistakes.
Not one is perfect.
Although it may be disappointing in your mind, I'd be more disappointed if the kid didn't have a go.
It's the only way he will learn.
I'm sure Martin has been the aggressor when it didn't come off as well.
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1619 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 04 Aug 2019 :  11:52:44  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

I'm sure Martin has been the aggressor when it didn't come off as well.

Hmm, yeah I suppose that's probably the case.

What about the old adage of 'you can't win the race on the first corner/lap, but you can lose it'?

Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22476 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 04 Aug 2019 :  12:19:53  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There's lots of adages anyone can use and most of them will fit the situation.
I still like the fact that he was brave enough to have a go.
I'm hoping he has learnt a lesson though.
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1619 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 04 Aug 2019 :  13:08:06  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, there's nothing left after that. I'll move on.

edit: James Moffat's dad is a legend of Aus motorsport. But he quotes a movie on how he goes about his racing

Edited by - journeyman racer on 04 Aug 2019 14:03:31
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.84 seconds.