V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Topics
 General Motoring
 Fuel prices - again
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9932 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 30 Sep 2019 :  21:22:27  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was in Penrith this afternoon when my fuel light came on. I drove along Castlereagh Road, noticing that 95 was around 185 cpl. Hmm... fuel is having a price spike again. I normally fill up at a servo on Richmond Road, Windsor Downs, near where I live, so I headed back there to fill up on my way home. It's a Woolworths/Caltex and is next door to a Coles/Shell which is always 4-5 cpl more. The Caltex was 145.7 while next door at Shell it was 189.9 and there were plenty of cars filling up at the Shell. I don't care about 3-4 cpl, but when there's about 45c difference per liter between adjoining servos, I wonder about fuel pricing. I checked just now. Yes, two adjoining servos with 45 cpl price differential. We deserve to be ripped off.

HRTKLR
No.1 Ford Fan

Australia
9580 Posts
joined 20 Dec 02

Posted - 30 Sep 2019 :  21:58:23  Show Profile Send HRTKLR a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Zac

I was in Penrith this afternoon when my fuel light came on. I drove along Castlereagh Road, noticing that 95 was around 185 cpl. Hmm... fuel is having a price spike again. I normally fill up at a servo on Richmond Road, Windsor Downs, near where I live, so I headed back there to fill up on my way home. It's a Woolworths/Caltex and is next door to a Coles/Shell which is always 4-5 cpl more. The Caltex was 145.7 while next door at Shell it was 189.9 and there were plenty of cars filling up at the Shell. I don't care about 3-4 cpl, but when there's about 45c difference per liter between adjoining servos, I wonder about fuel pricing. I checked just now. Yes, two adjoining servos with 45 cpl price differential. We deserve to be ripped off.

I donít know what Iím more appalled by, you being in the ĎRiff or the gall of a servo being 45cpl higher than its direct competition.

Why would anybody pay +45cpl when they could go next door?

The operator at the BP at Epping is clearly targeting the rich Chinese because his price is always at least 20cpl higher than servos a suburb away. A bit different to what youíre describing Zac but it makes me shake my head every time I drive past.
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
9932 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 30 Sep 2019 :  22:24:37  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Everyone has to be somewhere KLR.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17267 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 01 Oct 2019 :  09:28:09  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
theft... because they can...

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16068 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 17 Oct 2019 :  09:14:29  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My experience, people who go to the much higher priced servo tend to be locked into that chain via contract or lease. Unless it's coming out of their own pocket directly, they will continue payingvthrough the nose. SHELL are by far the worst, first to put it up, last to bring it down, and always 4-10 cpl dearer than the Caltex around the corner? Thieves!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.84 seconds.