V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8 Supercar Fantasy League
 2019 Season Finale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1235 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  03:45:36  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As we head to Newcastle for the last round of 2019, I'd like to note where we are in the V8CFL and where we are heading.

The Open International Enduro Cup and the V8CFL Enduro Cup have both been decided as of the checkered flag at Sandown. What is left is the V8CFL itself and the V8CFL Tournament.

In the V8CFL, Millenial Snowflake Motorsports and tommo11 hold the top spot with their Ford Mustang. Worst case conditions for them is if they have two last place finishes at Newcastle - 84 points. If so, their final point total will be 2792. Therefore, with a maximum of 300 points obtainable this round, anyone who can swipe this title from tommo11 will have to be within that point range currently.

This leaves the following three participants still mathematically in the hunt for the title:

Ignition Motorsports & Ignition / Ford Falcon FG
ITR Mugen & Infamous / Honda NSX
All Aussie Racing & ThePhoon / Ford FPV F6

In the V8CFL Tournament it is much more straight forward - Toyota v. Lotus. Our finalists are:

MT2 mSPORT & MT2 Levin / Toyota Camry Hybrid
-and-
A-Tech Motorsport & Madaz / Lotus Exige

Whoever banks the most points at Newcastle is the winner. Of the seven cars per roster, there are currently two cars that differ between these competitors;

MT2 mSPORT - Cars 12 & 5
A-Tech Motorsport - Cars 88 & 8

So currently, THAT is what it will come down to. Everything else is straight up - even the Group F tiebreaker cars.

A reminder that changes can be made to all team rosters prior to MIDNIGHT THURSDAY SYDNEY, NSW time.

Another reminder, specifically for our V8CFL Tournament finalists, is that if one makes a move to make teams identical, I will give the other a chance to counter. If no counter is made, I will void the changes, thus preventing identical teams. Now that is for IDENTICAL teams - all seven cars. Not five or six.

And lastly, there are four competitors tied with four wins apiece this year in the V8CFL:

Ignition Motorsports & Ignition / Ford Falcon FG
Bartsport & adzy B / Infiniti Q60
R&K Motorsports & mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang
Legocy Racing & Lanky1 / Ford Mustang

Can one of them break from the pack and take honors by scoring the most 2019 wins?

All to be determined.

26/11:

Newcastle Results are posted. The 2019 season is officially done.

Congratulations to tommo11 and his Millenial Snowflake Motorsports Ford Mustang as they are the 2019 V8CFL Champions!

Madaz and A-Tech Motorsport has taken the 2019 V8CFL Tournament with their Lotus Exige in a tight battle with MT2 mSPORT and MT2 Levin.

Individual podiums:

Race 1:
1 MT2 mSPORT / MT2 Levin / Toyota Camry Hybrid
2 Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Holden Commodore ZB
3 McG Motorsport / DanMcG / Hyundai Excel X3

Race 2:
1 Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Holden Commodore ZB
2 A-Tech Motorsport / Madaz / Lotus Exige
3 Millenial Snowflake Motorsports / tommo11 / Ford Mustang

And, we had four teams tied with four wins on the season (reference above).

As for the Stewards Summary, there were no points penalties for either race this round.

I guess I will see you guys here next season?

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life

Edited by - mikeamerica84 on 26 Nov 2019 03:39:18

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7094 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 26 Nov 2019 :  09:25:59  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What a final round! Finally took a win and rocketed myself to 3rd in the standings!
Congrats to Tommo, cleaned us all up.

And well done again to Mike. Always prompt and always chatty! Thank you.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Edited by - skaifeman on 26 Nov 2019 09:26:32
Go to Top of Page

ignition
Terminator

2413 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 26 Nov 2019 :  10:04:28  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
bummer, had a terrible last round there!

congrats tommo!

and thank you for your efforts once again Mike, greatly appreciated mate.
Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1235 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  02:32:26  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for your kind words, men. I was since rewarded by laser. I am now a "V8CFL Tsar".

I rallied for fifth overall.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

Helix
Pit Crew

Australia
211 Posts
joined 09 Dec 07

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  19:37:00  Show Profile Send Helix a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another fantastic year of the the best run fantasy comp going around, it's a credit to you Mike.

Me on the other hand, after the season of endurance i went down faster than the titanic to finish out of the top 10 but that's the game we play, look forward to season 2020.

3 cheers for Mike

2017 V8 Fantasy league series champion

2018 Enduro Cup Champions: Shogun Autosport / Helix and TGI Racing / Professor
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
Sex God

Vatican City
17947 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 27 Nov 2019 :  20:00:27  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well bloody done mike mate !!!!

Congrats tommo !!!

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2018 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds.