No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Will Supercars survive
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5925 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  06:17:41  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Will Supercars survive in its current guise or will it go the way of the Dodo?

In my opinion they have forgotten that the fans are critical to the sport and I believe they are making stupid decisions to the detriment of the sport. I think they are doomed.

RULES:
This is not the place to discuss parity or GM versus Ford

Choices:

Yes
No

(Anonymous Vote)

I reserve the right to arm bears

AlbertM
Crackpot

12958 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  07:42:30  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It'll survive. Supercars are constantly tweaking the program. It's WWE on wheels.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED

Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  07:48:42  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think TCR will give them a good scare

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5925 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  07:51:11  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
TCR is a CAMS series, however Supercars is a CAMS cash cow - it will be interesting

Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10442 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  08:28:02  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ATCC will survive as it has done since 1960

Supercars as a category will ultimately have a limited lifespan, just as Group C and Group A did
Go to Top of Page

abhibeckert
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
364 Posts
joined 10 Jan 18

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  08:46:45  Show Profile  Visit abhibeckert's Homepage Send abhibeckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
TCR is fundamentally targeted at a European audience - and itís not even all that popular over there. Worst of all the local series canít fix it - they have to do what the international series wants.

Will Supercars survive? I think so - but they need major changes and I donít see that happening under the current leadership. For example Skaife was talking about next yearís aero cut being around 50% to make a real improvement to the racing. But itís rumoured to be 15%. Thatís just not enough. The tyres are also a problem, they need a compound change to reduce grip. Instead of fixing that theyíre giving everyone greens. Thats a nice change to a problem area but itís not enough.

Theyíre painting over rotten wood instead of replacing it. But I reckon eventually someone will step in and save the series.
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17299 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  08:54:32  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Will survive but not in its current form I think. They are too much on the nose but they have the recognisable names.

Kinda like 3AW in Melbourne... Tom Elliot took over from Hinch and he isn't half the presenter even now years into the job that DH was but it is 3AW and that is what people listen to if they want talk radio. SC is the same. It is changing somewhat and it is pretty crap at the moment but it is what folk know so they just keep flocking along.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5925 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  09:31:37  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They are missing a whole audience of younger ones. All the 'old' big banger cars of the past are gone, only the newer 'muscle cars' are of any interest and mostly to the older generation and they have a limited audience, like Mustang Comaro, etc.

Young ones are more interested in thing that go whiz - pop and put off lots of tyre smoke

Edited by - Trev on 19 Nov 2019 09:33:19
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3058 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  10:00:07  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If the man in charge stays in charge it wonít see 2022
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5925 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  10:48:49  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
well it is running at a 50/50 vote at the moment, it shows to me that what I am feeling is felt by quite a few others

Go to Top of Page

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1301 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  11:04:42  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

well it is running at a 50/50 vote at the moment, it shows to me that what I am feeling is felt by quite a few others

But there are the same number of people thinking exactly opposite of you if it is ~50/50.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22544 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  11:13:04  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

It also shows that 16 members have voted and there's 48 votes...
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3058 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  11:18:13  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

It also shows that 16 members have voted and there's 48 votes...

Thatís stupid. I though you could only vote once
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5925 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  11:21:24  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
so did I, what is going on LG

It shows 49 people voted with 23 yes and 26 no, that adds up

Edited by - Trev on 19 Nov 2019 11:22:31
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22544 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  11:34:36  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

There's been a glitch in the polling system for years which I have written about on a number of occasions.
Go to Top of Page

fordman
V8 Champion

1274 Posts
joined 11 Oct 10

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  12:01:37  Show Profile Send fordman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

quote:

There's been a glitch in the polling system for years which I have written about on a number of occasions.

Russia or China
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.06 seconds.