No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Will Supercars survive
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Muz
Team Manager



Australia
6871 Posts
joined 06 May 08

 offline

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  12:37:22  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

They are missing a whole audience of younger ones. All the 'old' big banger cars of the past are gone, only the newer 'muscle cars' are of any interest and mostly to the older generation and they have a limited audience, like Mustang Comaro, etc.

Young ones are more interested in thing that go whiz - pop and put off lots of tyre smoke



Careful, there's a certain member who chastises anyone who might enjoy that sort of spectacle. There are fans and then 'true fans' apparently.

Agree that the series needs to become much more relevant to attract a younger audience. I think it will survive, but as others have said, there is a shelf-life on the current format.

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

drivexby
Pit Crew



Australia
175 Posts
joined 19 Sep 02

 offline

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  13:35:07  Show Profile  Visit drivexby's Homepage Send drivexby a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The motoring landscape is changing with more hybrids and electric cars coming on the scene. V8's will eventually become museum pieces and ultimately engines run solely on fossil fuels. Would fans take to electric cars racing? The old brigade like myself would say no but it might tap into a fresh fan base.
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5984 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  13:36:08  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
People, in particular men will race anything given the opportunity (and cash)

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED



Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  13:41:24  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by drivexby

The motoring landscape is changing with more hybrids and electric cars coming on the scene. V8's will eventually become museum pieces and ultimately engines run solely on fossil fuels. Would fans take to electric cars racing? The old brigade like myself would say no but it might tap into a fresh fan base.



Very good point....click on to the climate change thread and you will notice most members in here believe we are facing a climate emergency....so if the fans believe that then they will either protest and boycott the racing or V8supercars will be V8supercars E

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager



4507 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  13:58:22  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Supercars is a privately owned, privately run, restricted membership and participation, entertainment organisation. It is rather like a travelling circus in operation.

Unless any CAMS member, with appropriate licences, can buy or build a complying vehicle and enter events hoping to qualify for races, then CAMS should remove their ATCC branding as soon as a viable alternative is available. I feel that TCR competition and participation will be at such a high level in 2020 that TCR will be awarded the honour of running the ATCC. We will see some more current or recent top Supercar drivers driving TCR.

Already two long standing Supercar Teams will cease operating after 2019. (GRM and Kelly 2). both have a TCR involvement. Admittedly 2 or 3 new teams are taking their place, but budgets are still a problem for most teams.

There is no reason that Supercars cannot still exist, but unless they gets costs down dramatically, it will fade the way of Group A and become another class at Historic meetings.

PS: I do realise that CAMS will soon cease to be CAMS, but their new name is so catchy and relevant that I can't recall it.
Go to Top of Page

slugger
Transporter Driver


46 Posts
joined 19 May 04

 offline

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  14:00:13  Show Profile  Visit slugger's Homepage Send slugger a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Supercars has nil market relevance.
The borrowed time is almost exhausted and the country will have nothing to show for 20 years of no motorsport legacy.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear



Australia
16218 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

 offline

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  14:07:39  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

If the man in charge stays in charge it wonít see 2022



Is that Seamer or Dane!

I think it's Dane!

What Dane wants, Seamer gives him.

For what it's worth I have been doing 2-3 Supercars events a year for more than 40 years, Newey will be my last event ever, not because I can't be bothered anymore, but because of the way it's being run and the way in which 888 have manipulated the current management to give them exactly what they need to dominate! It's ****ed!
I think S5000 is a great series, hopefully Supercars stay the **** away from it! They really are a bunch of self licking ****s!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot



Australia
11470 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

 offline

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  14:34:04  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Muz

quote:
Originally posted by Trev

They are missing a whole audience of younger ones. All the 'old' big banger cars of the past are gone, only the newer 'muscle cars' are of any interest and mostly to the older generation and they have a limited audience, like Mustang Comaro, etc.

Young ones are more interested in thing that go whiz - pop and put off lots of tyre smoke



Careful, there's a certain member who chastises anyone who might enjoy that sort of spectacle. There are fans and then 'true fans' apparently.

Agree that the series needs to become much more relevant to attract a younger audience. I think it will survive, but as others have said, there is a shelf-life on the current format.



Ok, so how do you do it?
Go to Top of Page

ba.falcon
Transporter Driver



31 Posts
joined 28 Oct 04

 offline

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  15:15:10  Show Profile  Visit ba.falcon's Homepage Send ba.falcon a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

If the man in charge stays in charge it wonít see 2022



Is that Seamer or Dane!

I think it's Dane!

What Dane wants, Seamer gives him.

For what it's worth I have been doing 2-3 Supercars events a year for more than 40 years, Newey will be my last event ever, not because I can't be bothered anymore, but because of the way it's being run and the way in which 888 have manipulated the current management to give them exactly what they need to dominate! It's ****ed!
I think S5000 is a great series, hopefully Supercars stay the **** away from it! They really are a bunch of self licking ****s!



Can you **** up with your Roland Dane **** its getting old very fast
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager



Australia
10759 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

 offline

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  16:36:25  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think Supercars will survive, but the ARG is seemingly doing everything right to steal fans. TCR is great, although not as exciting as Supercars in my opinion. S5000 is cool, they have TCM now which everyone loves, and now the Kumho Series is going to ARG, not to mention Trans-Am and the new Bathurst International event, to be held the same weekend as Newcastle 2020. I think rather than Supercars dying, they'll eventually either have to take over some of these categories, or ARG will take over Supercars if they become big enough.



























































































_Mford














"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager



Australia
14605 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

 offline

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  17:06:29  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trickyonne

quote:
Originally posted by drivexby

The motoring landscape is changing with more hybrids and electric cars coming on the scene. V8's will eventually become museum pieces and ultimately engines run solely on fossil fuels. Would fans take to electric cars racing? The old brigade like myself would say no but it might tap into a fresh fan base.



Very good point....click on to the climate change thread and you will notice most members in here believe we are facing a climate emergency....so if the fans believe that then they will either protest and boycott the racing or V8supercars will be V8supercars E



Ok Boomer!

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.


Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager



Australia
5984 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

 offline

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  17:47:28  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

Supercars is a privately owned, privately run, restricted membership and participation, entertainment organisation. It is rather like a travelling circus in operation.


In my years at Winton I always referred to it as the circus, you pay them to come to town

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED



Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  18:00:19  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

Supercars is a privately owned, privately run, restricted membership and participation, entertainment organisation. It is rather like a travelling circus in operation.


In my years at Winton I always referred to it as the circus, you pay them to come to town



Same as most racing series....World Series sprintcars for example....clubs generally donít make money when they run those shows.

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page

BOWYANG
Formula Ford Driver



489 Posts
joined 20 Feb 13

 offline

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  20:44:35  Show Profile Send BOWYANG a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh **** the sky is falling in , New Name for this site AC central , It's all over , Ok Gotta go early Flight to Newcastle to mingle with the 90k supporters that will probably come to the Event .
Go to Top of Page

Trickyonne
BANNED



Vatican City
17982 Posts
joined 13 Apr 03

 offline

Posted - 19 Nov 2019 :  20:56:48  Show Profile Send Trickyonne a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BOWYANG

Oh **** the sky is falling in , New Name for this site AC central , It's all over , Ok Gotta go early Flight to Newcastle to mingle with the 90k supporters that will probably come to the Event .



Ha ha love ya work

Ford 2018 champions
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  











Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.86 seconds.