No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 2022 or maybe 2021-Supercars and Gen 3
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 11 Dec 2019 :  08:23:01  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message
Life after Holden suggests a more specific Silly Season 2022 and Gen 3.

quote:
Originally posted by djr18fan

quote:
Originally posted by bigem

Just goes to show who is making the decisions for Holden, and it ain't local!
And who said Nissan where sniffing around again, what hogwash, they got burnt by Supercars, they won't be back!

According to you, Ford got burnt by Supercars. Ford came back. So why not Nissan?

Nissan is 43% owned by Renault, an effective controlling stake.(The second largest shareholder is Daimler AG with a mere 3.32% )

Renault are now involved in TCR with GRM and are competitive there.

Any future Supercar involvement is effectively a Renault decision and they are cutting their range of sedans in Australia

Nissan Australia, like Holden, GM and Ford are concentrating on SUVs and light trucks. I suppose a 37 ounce or GTR could be introduced to run against the Ford sportscar, but they are low sales volume cars.

Realistically, apart from small sedans, low volume sportscars , SUVs and light trucks and vans, will any company be selling Supercar size cars in Australia by 2022.

Other import/sale models are all low volume, except for Asian Manufacturers, and Supercar size Sedans/sportscars are generally not their main volume sellers.

Maybe Supercars should consider leaving the chassis design and use SUV bodies in Gen 3.

https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/browse-range.html

https://www.holden.com.au/

https://www.google.com/search?q=ford+range+of+cars&rlz=1C1AVSF_enAU769AU769&oq=ford+range+&aqs=chrome.3.69i59j0j69i57j0l5.7540j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://sunshinerenault.com.au/new-renault-gold-coast.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAob3vBRAUEiwAIbs5TqeqFgjvo4Pew9yni17nwsTsRabXdI9Gbu69yBXY8N_YBXEiZqfguBoCNyAQAvD_BwE

Edited by - oldtimer on 19 Feb 2020 21:47:14

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3092 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 11 Dec 2019 :  10:16:12  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What are you smoking mate? SUV racing will be as bad as the Supa utes.

2022 will be 2 doors and involve 4-5 brands
Go to Top of Page

Gasman
Transporter Driver

72 Posts
joined 23 Sep 05

Posted - 11 Dec 2019 :  13:19:39  Show Profile  Visit Gasman's Homepage Send Gasman a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
†I think the category has been extremely successful in a General sense due to Roland and Sean endevours but it now needs to embrace conceptual changes that allow General teams to compete† without relying on Gen 3 cars as such but rather embracing the concept of parity changes which can be viewed in General terms as Gen 1 Gen 2 and soon Gen 3 .I know Gen can be misconstrued as meaning New Generation but now with the unfortunate demise of our relevant 2017 model opel we are in luck because with the stroke of a pen Gen now means Gen (motors) thus allowing the Gen (motors) parity 3 adjustments to take place in lieu of actually racing a relevant Gen 3 type car.The Gen 2 parity adjustment went a long way in balancing parity back to Gen (eral) teams if indeed not teams but a team.So i feel with Roland at the helm the category should prosper in a more General (3 / motors ) meaningful way.

Edited by - Gasman on 11 Dec 2019 14:26:45
Go to Top of Page

FirstOnRaceDay
Transporter Driver

65 Posts
joined 12 Aug 19

Posted - 11 Dec 2019 :  15:12:21  Show Profile Send FirstOnRaceDay a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Gasman

†I think the category has been extremely successful in a General sense due to Roland and Sean endevours but it now needs to embrace conceptual changes that allow General teams to compete† without relying on Gen 3 cars as such but rather embracing the concept of parity changes which can be viewed in General terms as Gen 1 Gen 2 and soon Gen 3 .I know Gen can be misconstrued as meaning New Generation but now with the unfortunate demise of our relevant 2017 model opel we are in luck because with the stroke of a pen Gen now means Gen (motors) thus allowing the Gen (motors) parity 3 adjustments to take place in lieu of actually racing a relevant Gen 3 type car.The Gen 2 parity adjustment went a long way in balancing parity back to Gen (eral) teams if indeed not teams but a team.So i feel with Roland at the helm the category should prosper in a more General (3 / motors ) meaningful way.

Hi Roland,
Thatís really good read. I couldnít understand a word of it, but now realise thats how you bluff Sean his technical team, and the rest of the bogans that believed Holden and the Crummydore was Australian.

Edited by - FirstOnRaceDay on 11 Dec 2019 15:14:18
Go to Top of Page

ignition
Terminator

2472 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 11 Dec 2019 :  15:18:28  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

what did i just read?
Go to Top of Page

FirstOnRaceDay
Transporter Driver

65 Posts
joined 12 Aug 19

Posted - 11 Dec 2019 :  15:25:57  Show Profile Send FirstOnRaceDay a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ignition

quote:

what did i just read?

No idea, same as me. I can only deduce ithat Gasman is actually Roland Dane, he speaks the same amount of jibberish
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10471 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 11 Dec 2019 :  15:53:19  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

Will it?
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3092 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 11 Dec 2019 :  16:44:27  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:

Will it?

Go to Top of Page

AlbertM
Crackpot

12995 Posts
joined 15 Jan 03

Posted - 11 Dec 2019 :  17:03:44  Show Profile  Visit AlbertM's Homepage Send AlbertM a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Please, do go on.

Ford fans be proud. History of Australian motor racing shows Ford has been and will always be superior. They have to slow them down when they get serious about racing. The Phase 4 scared the **** out of people, they banned it. Sierra gets called on a technicality, Falcon EF "...had its wings clipped to make Holden part of the show", AU not allowed to show it's potential, Falcon BF gets clipped. Mustang Is so good Supercars made up a rule and gets a bag of cement in the roof, and it still wins.
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Preditor
Transporter Driver

65 Posts
joined 14 Aug 19

Posted - 11 Dec 2019 :  19:17:17  Show Profile Send Preditor a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I can't really see a need for any Gen 3, there will only be 4 teams in it Tickford kelly djr and team 23. i would say the rest will join the TCM and TA2 mucscle car series, and seven has picked up the tv rights and will be show on free to air, so i wish Supercar good luck with the mustang cup from 2022 and beyond.

I heard there will be a name change to the series next year, the new name is Penske mustang cup series with their major sponsor to be Laxative guarantee to clear any backing up at Bathurst 2020.
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16168 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 11 Dec 2019 :  20:16:02  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Preditor

I can't really see a need for any Gen 3, there will only be 4 teams in it Tickford kelly djr and team 23. i would say the rest will join the TCM and TA2 mucscle car series, and seven has picked up the tv rights and will be show on free to air, so i wish Supercar good luck with the mustang cup from 2022 and beyond.

I think you are spot on, amazing!
Hopefully 7 don't stuff this up, I reckon TA2 has a huge future if handled correctly.
It's a shame CAMS are involved, they are just Supercar stooges!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3092 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 11 Dec 2019 :  21:00:26  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

quote:

I think you are spot on, amazing!
Hopefully 7 don't stuff this up, I reckon TA2 has a huge future if handled correctly.
It's a shame CAMS are involved, they are just Supercar stooges!

TA2 has another heap of cars coming and will be at both Adelaide and Bathurst in 2020 and I reckon now itís on Tele itís fan base will grow a fair bit
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1681 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 11 Dec 2019 :  22:56:54  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
TA2 is a designated amateur class. Some tv time is going to make **** all difference.

"Big" cars are outdated.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

FirstOnRaceDay
Transporter Driver

65 Posts
joined 12 Aug 19

Posted - 12 Dec 2019 :  09:25:30  Show Profile Send FirstOnRaceDay a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Hope so!!!!

Nothing would please me more than to see a Mustang Cup. Even with a raised roof the Ponyís are much better looking than an imported Opel Crummydore.

Talk about a sore loser where were you and all your bogan mates over the last few years when weíve been forced to watch a Crummydore Cup. Even with the Kellyís racing a Pony the Opelís still outnumber the Pony 2 to 1.

I canít wait for the end of 2022 so I donít have see that ďAussie Holden ď Badge anymore, and hopefully RD can go back to England and race his Vauxhall again. Oops he canít do that cause GM stopped making them also, so..... what will the great RD master of Supercars do to support his soon to be failed business case. No doubt heíll whinge and carry on as usual, to ge something he wants as long as itís not a Pony. That ship has well and truly sailed, after he put the hogs breath badge over the Blue Oval.

What an arrogant and nasty piece of work that guys been and still is.

Bring on the Mustang Cup !

Edited by - FirstOnRaceDay on 12 Dec 2019 09:32:48
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3092 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 12 Dec 2019 :  10:49:19  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by FirstOnRaceDay

quote:

Hope so!!!!

Nothing would please me more than to see a Mustang Cup. Even with a raised roof the Ponyís are much better looking than an imported Opel Crummydore.

Talk about a sore loser where were you and all your bogan mates over the last few years when weíve been forced to watch a Crummydore Cup. Even with the Kellyís racing a Pony the Opelís still outnumber the Pony 2 to 1.

I canít wait for the end of 2022 so I donít have see that ďAussie Holden ď Badge anymore, and hopefully RD can go back to England and race his Vauxhall again. Oops he canít do that cause GM stopped making them also, so..... what will the great RD master of Supercars do to support his soon to be failed business case. No doubt heíll whinge and carry on as usual, to ge something he wants as long as itís not a Pony. That ship has well and truly sailed, after he put the hogs breath badge over the Blue Oval.

What an arrogant and nasty piece of work that guys been and still is.

Bring on the Mustang Cup !

End of 2021 thatíd be for the ZB mate. And just to give you some hope, the hideous shaped Mustang will be fixed in 2022, thank ****ing Christ!

Itís laughable that the Ford faithful are still dirty on RD for running hogsters (My mate has the hog on his Mustang and transit van) and/or jumping ship and giving a Ford an embarrassing flogging! Ford Australia has taken so many ****s on their teams and fans over the years I am surprised their are any teams willing to race their cars or so many fans stupid enough to cling on to their flags!
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Australia
8870 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 12 Dec 2019 :  11:17:48  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
what will the value be of only one brand of car running post 2021, Ford being Ford will pull the pin as well.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.36 seconds.