No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 2020 Livery Reveals
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1531 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  18:30:25  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Holdsworth's TruckAssist livery;
https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/02/17/tickford-reveal-truck-assist-backing-for-holdsworth/

Not bad but would have preferred a bit more orange and the Isuzu red clashes a bit

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford

Edited by - SetonFan on 17 Feb 2020 18:31:06
Go to Top of Page

deckert
Transporter Driver

Australia
11 Posts
joined 01 Feb 11

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  18:38:02  Show Profile Send deckert a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SetonFan

Holdsworth's TruckAssist livery;
https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/02/17/tickford-reveal-truck-assist-backing-for-holdsworth/

Not bad but would have preferred a bit more orange and the Isuzu red clashes a bit

From the above article
At the end of the 2020 season, Holdsworth finished 10th overall in the standings.

Are speedcafe time travelers, or just making an early prediction?
Go to Top of Page

hsvhrt88
Transporter Driver

9 Posts
joined 11 Feb 16

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  21:58:07  Show Profile Send hsvhrt88 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why is the Milwaukee logo always written so small? Better if it was larger and filled more of the side of the car.

Edited by - Legendary Gerry on 18 Feb 2020 09:41:23
Go to Top of Page

DanMcG
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
319 Posts
joined 20 Feb 13

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  22:04:57  Show Profile Send DanMcG a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by hsvhrt88

Why is the Milwaukee logo always written so small? Better if it was larger and filled more of the side of the car.

Because Milwaukee are ridiculously stubborn about the size, shape and angle their logo is presented in... it can't be stretched or tilted

----

REALLY like Holdsworth's car... I know a lot of people aren't going to agree but that scheme is really my cup of tea
Go to Top of Page

ignition
Terminator

2473 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  22:43:02  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by hsvhrt88

it will have something to do with the placement.

you'll probably find that they don't want their logo chopped off when the door is open
Go to Top of Page

Brightman
V8 Champion

Australia
982 Posts
joined 16 Jan 12

Posted - 18 Feb 2020 :  10:04:24  Show Profile Send Brightman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Love the #20. Perfect. Great to see a new sponsor in Dewalt join the series.
The #2 straight away jumps at you, the blue and pink work and youll be able to see the car from a mile away.
#15, #7 and #35 are also up there.
Some solid work :)

2016 v8central fantasy champion
'That's what they call a control tyre'

_Mholden

Edited by - Brightman on 18 Feb 2020 10:08:09
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7281 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 18 Feb 2020 :  12:13:27  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nice showing of all the cars here:
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/car-by-car-the-2020-supercars-field/

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

F4H_Lightning
Pit Crew

USA
114 Posts
joined 04 Dec 16

Posted - 18 Feb 2020 :  13:58:22  Show Profile  Visit F4H_Lightning's Homepage Send F4H_Lightning a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think Team18 won The Livery Game this season. That Dewalt livery is solid.

(Side note, Orange Wheels on Holdsworth's car would really set it off nicely.)

Edited by - F4H_Lightning on 18 Feb 2020 14:06:10
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10713 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 18 Feb 2020 :  23:39:40  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Looking at the photos of them all on track, I think Castrol is the best. But it is a Ford and bright green so I may be a bit biased. Lot of good ones in the field this year.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

SportsExtra_Motorsport
V8 Champion

New Zealand
932 Posts
joined 29 Nov 08

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  09:51:29  Show Profile  Visit SportsExtra_Motorsport's Homepage  Click to see SportsExtra_Motorsport's MSN Messenger address Send SportsExtra_Motorsport a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Looking at the photos of them all on track, I think Castrol is the best. But it is a Ford and bright green so I may be a bit biased. Lot of good ones in the field this year.

Really love the Kelly cars, even the simplicity of the 23Red stang looks good,

Worst are again Chaz and Super Cheap Auto, might have parted ways but still collectively the worst

Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1531 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  21:12:02  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree that Kelly's car is the pick of the field.

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6460 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 19 Feb 2020 :  21:44:07  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by powderpuff

quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

Bloody hell girls. Take your pointless argument somewhere else.

No one cares what you think, no one.
...everyone knows you have your head up your own a%% and think you're the greatest..at everything.

A few pages back you came out with the statement 'its a dud year for liveries' Fair enough , thats your opinion and rightly so
Then respected livery Designer Nick Moss, who does the majority of the grid , {and a great job by the way}....asks you ' really ?"

Now mate, here's your chance to respond to a professional...get an insight, maybe even set up a friendship, but no.....you brush him off like so it's obvious you think you can out design this bloke with your eyes shut...like you have done countless times in the past. Unfortunately mate, theres lots that know you for this behaviour

Have a good look at yourself and how you come across to other...you'll get a lot lot further...
Don't call Nick a girl though like you did me, he might hunt you down.
He's not as caring as me :-)

P

Replying to this is worth the penalty marker. I'm not just going to take it or let you publicly attack me like this.

You've had it out for me since 2009 when I didn't ask you for help with designing liveries. I've still got the PMs where you literally told me that. I asked other people, privately, for advice and assistance but because I didn't ask you personally you've had some kind of vendetta against me. Even when I did ask for your help you gave me some vague advice about taking my time and sent me some old work you had done. I received much better help from people who weren't on such a high horse, people who were humble enough to actually offer useful advice and helped me to improve on my work.

Every time I comment on liveries you have some nasty remark loaded up and fire back at me. You said I have my head up my own ass and think I'm the greatest at everything. You are one of the worst on this website for accepting criticism. You always have a sly comment to make about anyone who doesn't bow down and praise you for you work. Maybe working for a major car company has gone to your head because you certainly exude an attitude of arrogance and egotism. And I'm not the only one who thinks that. Unfortunately mate, there's lots that know you for this behaviour.

At NO point did I say that I could 'out design' Nick. Or anybody else for that matter. I simply expressed how disappointed I was with the field of liveries overall this season. Why don't you have the same opinion of everyone else who expresses their dissatisfaction with designs? Why is it only me you seem to snap back at? I know and appreciate that Nick is a professional. But just because I haven't publicly posted or bragged, doesn't mean I haven't been successful in this field too. I've just kept it to myself.

I know and appreciate the skill and ability Nick has. He has shown that so often in the concept livery threads over the years, and even with designs used on various cars too. I also know that sponsors and teams put so many restrictions on what can and cannot go on cars. I know this first hand. I know that if Nick had free reign on what he could do, that we would have some of the best looking cars in years. My comment was aimed at how disappointing that is and how the restrictions impact on the overall design. It was in no way aimed at Nick's talents.

I don't know, maybe you're just upset because Holden is closing...

Now let's get back to the cars. Boost livery for JC and Team Sydney to apparently be revealed tomorrow morning.

Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
3022 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 20 Feb 2020 :  07:57:37  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by the undertaker

quote:
Originally posted by WarrenK

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by the undertaker

quote:
The Coke car could be so much better.

I agree

Firstly, it should be number 9
and secondly, it should be on a Mustang

Been on more Holdens than Fords over the journey. Love that it's not on a Ford, love it's not on a hybrid mustang...just love watching the blue traditionalists get their narrow minds and tits in a tangle over the red Holden Coke car...... Just brilliant.

I don't think your are on the right track with your interpretation of his comment. Alan Moffat's Mustang, number 9, sponsored by coke. None of the later sponsorship's by coke (regardless of brand of vehicle)are not really relevant.

Spot on, Warren. It's rather pathetic to see the red side come over all righteous.

None of them has a sense of humour, obviously!

It's only me mate...and I'm a very funny guy ! :-)

Not righteous, just being honest witout the misty eyes. What is pathetic is this ridiculous sense of entitlement that's shown toward the placement of Coke branding, and this sentiment it 'belongs' on a Ford....what utter tripe, absolutely delusional. It belongs where they {Coke} want to be, only they have that choice. Like i said earlier, i love it being on a holden, funny to watch how people react.

Anything else stated is nonsense...and a pipe dream

And Arrow, this is livery talk about one of Australia's biggest commercial sponsors, one that has been on both sides of the fence. It's a good discussion and on topic....where passion for the brand{s} and the sport are involved...go back to all the pictures if it bores you.

Jesus H. I make a comment about the coke sponsorship on Courtneys car, tongue in cheek, and world war III breaks out.

Settle down petals!
Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6460 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 20 Feb 2020 :  09:16:44  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
3 months after Boost forced GRM out of Supercars, they're back with Team Sydney.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/02/20/boost-mobile-livery-unveiled-for-courtney/

Go to Top of Page

Tasv8
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
771 Posts
joined 17 Mar 09

Posted - 20 Feb 2020 :  09:20:57  Show Profile Send Tasv8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It seems amazing to me how a car wrap and a racesuit can be produced in mere hours but here we have it. Maybe some flair for the dramatic entry and brave new advertising?

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/courtney-pivotal-in-last-minute-livery-switch/

Mr Adderton is definitely full of surprises.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.83 seconds.