No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 2020 Livery Reveals
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7381 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 20 Feb 2020 :  09:38:59  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So hang on. This bloke gets GT flicked from GRM because GT is too old and Boost is a brand appealing to younger people. Then leaves there after the sport wonít bow to his wishes and then sponsors the oldest guy in the field?

Interesting.

Car looks alright though.

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

stompin
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
524 Posts
joined 03 Dec 09

Posted - 20 Feb 2020 :  09:50:44  Show Profile Send stompin a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So when was the race suit ordered ?
Go to Top of Page

touring fan
Fujitsu Driver

733 Posts
joined 05 Nov 05

Posted - 20 Feb 2020 :  10:03:34  Show Profile Send touring fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I donít buy the Ďlast minute dealí thing.
I bet it was always planned so they can capture more publicity (it worked!).

Car looks fantastic though.
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7277 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 20 Feb 2020 :  10:18:06  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Despite my comments in the silly season thread - it's a cracking looking car.
Shades of Rick Kelly 2008.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Australia
8870 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 20 Feb 2020 :  10:19:21  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
looks great

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

DanMcG
Formula Ford Driver

Australia
319 Posts
joined 20 Feb 13

Posted - 21 Feb 2020 :  00:29:10  Show Profile Send DanMcG a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I reckon that's the best Boost livery yet... reminds me of WAU @ Bathurst 2018 but done a little better... surprising what such a small change can do
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4523 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 22 Feb 2020 :  18:22:02  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That BJR Fitness Plus thing is terrible.. You can hardly read the Fitness Plus sign. If I was them, I'd be asking BJR to change it ASAP!

Edited by - joe5619 on 22 Feb 2020 18:22:34
Go to Top of Page

STP01
Team Manager

1529 Posts
joined 15 Mar 07

Posted - 23 Feb 2020 :  13:07:47  Show Profile Send STP01 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mosterts car actually looks ok in the flesh. Holdsworths is awful. Base colour doesnt work.

Congratulations Jamie Whincup on 7 Championships!
Go to Top of Page

Zac
Lumberjack

Australia
10035 Posts
joined 24 Dec 04

Posted - 23 Feb 2020 :  14:01:59  Show Profile Send Zac a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The matt black cars appear ordinary coming towards the camera with sunlight on them You can see handprints over the front of them making the cars look grubby.
Go to Top of Page

powderpuff
V8 Champion

Australia
1439 Posts
joined 13 Dec 07

Posted - 23 Feb 2020 :  22:15:16  Show Profile  Visit powderpuff's Homepage Send powderpuff a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

quote:
Originally posted by powderpuff

quote:
Originally posted by TheArrow

Bloody hell girls. Take your pointless argument somewhere else.

No one cares what you think, no one.
...everyone knows you have your head up your own a%% and think you're the greatest..at everything.

A few pages back you came out with the statement 'its a dud year for liveries' Fair enough , thats your opinion and rightly so
Then respected livery Designer Nick Moss, who does the majority of the grid , {and a great job by the way}....asks you ' really ?"

Now mate, here's your chance to respond to a professional...get an insight, maybe even set up a friendship, but no.....you brush him off like so it's obvious you think you can out design this bloke with your eyes shut...like you have done countless times in the past. Unfortunately mate, theres lots that know you for this behaviour

Have a good look at yourself and how you come across to other...you'll get a lot lot further...
Don't call Nick a girl though like you did me, he might hunt you down.
He's not as caring as me :-)

P

Replying to this is worth the penalty marker. I'm not just going to take it or let you publicly attack me like this.

You've had it out for me since 2009 when I didn't ask you for help with designing liveries. I've still got the PMs where you literally told me that. I asked other people, privately, for advice and assistance but because I didn't ask you personally you've had some kind of vendetta against me. Even when I did ask for your help you gave me some vague advice about taking my time and sent me some old work you had done. I received much better help from people who weren't on such a high horse, people who were humble enough to actually offer useful advice and helped me to improve on my work.

Every time I comment on liveries you have some nasty remark loaded up and fire back at me. You said I have my head up my own ass and think I'm the greatest at everything. You are one of the worst on this website for accepting criticism. You always have a sly comment to make about anyone who doesn't bow down and praise you for you work. Maybe working for a major car company has gone to your head because you certainly exude an attitude of arrogance and egotism. And I'm not the only one who thinks that. Unfortunately mate, there's lots that know you for this behaviour.

At NO point did I say that I could 'out design' Nick. Or anybody else for that matter. I simply expressed how disappointed I was with the field of liveries overall this season. Why don't you have the same opinion of everyone else who expresses their dissatisfaction with designs? Why is it only me you seem to snap back at? I know and appreciate that Nick is a professional. But just because I haven't publicly posted or bragged, doesn't mean I haven't been successful in this field too. I've just kept it to myself.

I know and appreciate the skill and ability Nick has. He has shown that so often in the concept livery threads over the years, and even with designs used on various cars too. I also know that sponsors and teams put so many restrictions on what can and cannot go on cars. I know this first hand. I know that if Nick had free reign on what he could do, that we would have some of the best looking cars in years. My comment was aimed at how disappointing that is and how the restrictions impact on the overall design. It was in no way aimed at Nick's talents.

I don't know, maybe you're just upset because Holden is closing...

Now let's get back to the cars. Boost livery for JC and Team Sydney to apparently be revealed tomorrow morning.

Very upset Holden is closing, ...30 years of my life.
But I'd still call you out, every time:-)
Make sure you at least apologise to Nick, that's main thing.

P

Twitter: @PeteHughes221
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7277 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 24 Feb 2020 :  10:18:54  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

That BJR Fitness Plus thing is terrible.. You can hardly read the Fitness Plus sign. If I was them, I'd be asking BJR to change it ASAP!

Can agree on this, had myself wondering who the unknown back marker was a few times.
Not a look you want, when Hazelwood does as well as he does - even Team Sydney presents itself well!

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11341 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 24 Feb 2020 :  11:02:12  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is the Mustang a hard car to design for or are the Tickford livery designers just not creative?

Cams Monster pony looks cool but the rest of the Tickford stable have very bland markings.
Go to Top of Page

ignition
Terminator

2472 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 24 Feb 2020 :  12:26:31  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CP

Is the Mustang a hard car to design for or are the Tickford livery designers just not creative?

Cams Monster pony looks cool but the rest of the Tickford stable have very bland markings.

i think Cam's car is the worst of the lot. stale and bland. the stealthy matte/satin black look was cool for a year or two but it's just worn off really quick on me. Lee's is dreadful, Supercheap is much the same as last year...

Will's looks fantastic if you consider that part of Tickford.
Go to Top of Page

Helix
Pit Crew

Australia
239 Posts
joined 09 Dec 07

Posted - 24 Feb 2020 :  16:06:12  Show Profile Send Helix a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ok after reading that i'd be very interest in hearing from Nick or Pete either via here or in PM if that's how it has to be about what restrictions they have had during the design process. i remember a few years ago i think, a discussion saying the boss of supercheap auto liked alot of yellow in his livery, the last few years have had less and less yellow, has the boss changed or tastes changed? i dont know these things. its very interesting to me. its like having insider knowledge lol.

i only mess around in the fantasy comp with liveries but did work with stone brothers back in the day on their 3up ride car very very early on in my design days. they were really cool and had no restrictions on what could be designed, what was on the paper was what went on the car.

sorry if this is off topic or in the wrong section.

2017 V8 Fantasy league series champion

2018 Enduro Cup Champions: Shogun Autosport / Helix and TGI Racing / Professor
Go to Top of Page

powderpuff
V8 Champion

Australia
1439 Posts
joined 13 Dec 07

Posted - 24 Feb 2020 :  16:25:02  Show Profile  Visit powderpuff's Homepage Send powderpuff a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Helix

Ok after reading that i'd be very interest in hearing from Nick or Pete either via here or in PM if that's how it has to be about what restrictions they have had during the design process. i remember a few years ago i think, a discussion saying the boss of supercheap auto liked alot of yellow in his livery, the last few years have had less and less yellow, has the boss changed or tastes changed? i dont know these things. its very interesting to me. its like having insider knowledge lol.

i only mess around in the fantasy comp with liveries but did work with stone brothers back in the day on their 3up ride car very very early on in my design days. they were really cool and had no restrictions on what could be designed, what was on the paper was what went on the car.

sorry if this is off topic or in the wrong section.

Hi Helix...back when Supercheap were with Holden, yes there was a period where more yellow was always called for. We rebelled a few seasons though...One of Ingall's cars was white and black with less yellow from memory.
Not sure how many Supercheap liveries Nick has done and whether he had similar restrictions...but the last few seasons I believe the Tickford cars have been developed in house.

Stick at your liveries...it's great fun if nothing else:-)
You never know what's around the corner, keep at it!

Twitter: @PeteHughes221
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.98 seconds.