No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 bloody pathetic
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Sonic

Australia
17342 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  13:20:21  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/02/03/no-free-to-air-tv-for-supercars-opening-enduro/

no coverage of the 500 this year...

brought to you by the series that doesn't give a damn and wonders why the fans are giving them the bird...

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1531 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  13:30:58  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Supercars did a poor job when writing the contract not to stipulate the 500km event rather than Sandown itself should be televised.

Also they're unlikely to try and rock the boat and change the terms when trying to negotiate a new deal for 2021 onwards either.

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5958 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  14:05:37  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
well said Sonic

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  14:52:14  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Obviously, the TV people have made the judgment that the race will be too boring for TV.

It is well past the time that 10 be given the flick. SBS gave ARG a much superior broadcast deal in 2019, at least from the viewers point of view.

Governments kick in a lot of money for Supercar events.

IMHO, politicians should withhold all funds, provided by their constituents lest they forget, until such time as an FTA broadcast is provided.

It just needs to be the racing on TV, not the talking head filler stuff and cross promoting other 10 programs and alleged stars which really are boring.
Go to Top of Page

bludvl
Fujitsu Driver

643 Posts
joined 27 Mar 08

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  15:08:55  Show Profile Send bludvl a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SetonFan

Supercars did a poor job when writing the contract not to stipulate the 500km event rather than Sandown itself should be televised.

Also they're unlikely to try and rock the boat and change the terms when trying to negotiate a new deal for 2021 onwards either.

Alternate point of view, Shahins did a poor job of checking the TV contract before they offered a shedload of cash to Supercars to move the 500.

Supercars checked the contract, realised that they could still hold a sprint round at Sandown and attract punters/TV, and grabbed Shahin's pen so fast that Sam didn't know what hit him.

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'
-George Santayana
Go to Top of Page

stompin
Fujitsu Driver

Australia
524 Posts
joined 03 Dec 09

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  15:15:24  Show Profile Send stompin a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cluster **** of errors
Go to Top of Page

CP
Safety Car Pilot

Australia
11341 Posts
joined 22 Jan 09

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  15:16:10  Show Profile  Visit CP's Homepage Send CP a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I wouldn't be able to catch up on it anyway, as it's On The Run.
Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1531 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  15:19:11  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bludvl

quote:
Originally posted by SetonFan

Alternate point of view, Shahins did a poor job of checking the TV contract before they offered a shedload of cash to Supercars to move the 500.

Supercars checked the contract, realised that they could still hold a sprint round at Sandown and attract punters/TV, and grabbed Shahin's pen so fast that Sam didn't know what hit him.

I feel the Shahins would still have gone for the race even if they knew it wasn't on FTA - particularly as they would know the TV deal would be renegotiated after this year anyway.

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Wrighty05
Last of the Big Bangers

Tonga
7382 Posts
joined 25 Aug 03

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  15:35:34  Show Profile  Click to see Wrighty05's MSN Messenger address Send Wrighty05 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Probably a good thing that less people see an enduro at the bend. Have not seen one good Supercars race there yet

RIP05

_Mholden

RIP LJ - loved and never forgotten.

"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

The Peter Brock trophy is now where it belongs.
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3094 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  16:45:41  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

Obviously, the TV people have made the judgment that the race will be too boring for TV.

It is well past the time that 10 be given the flick. SBS gave ARG a much superior broadcast deal in 2019, at least from the viewers point of view.

Governments kick in a lot of money for Supercar events.

IMHO, politicians should withhold all funds, provided by their constituents lest they forget, until such time as an FTA broadcast is provided.

It just needs to be the racing on TV, not the talking head filler stuff and cross promoting other 10 programs and alleged stars which really are boring.

The government doesnít kick in money better TV deals so people to cheap to attend a race can watch it free from home!

Scratch the other bit I said, I have Fox

Edited by - troy01505 on 03 Feb 2020 16:47:23
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5958 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  17:58:29  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
in their warped little minds, they would have thought, "ahhh, if we don't put it on TV people will be forced to drive to the middle of bum-**** nowhere to watch live, so it is good for the gate taking, grog sales and oh of course the local community"

Go to Top of Page

TheArrow
formerly known as Spree

Australia
6460 Posts
joined 14 Jan 08

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  18:11:58  Show Profile Send TheArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I love seeing the comments from people who think it was their choice to not air this live.

Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4523 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  18:56:58  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have to laugh!! When Supercars added an extra live race in WA year last year, hardly a word was said.. Move one around & we donít even get to sleep before it gets its own topic!! The times we live in!!!

Nothing to see here, kept moving.
Go to Top of Page

Muz
Team Manager

Australia
6831 Posts
joined 06 May 08

Posted - 03 Feb 2020 :  19:02:37  Show Profile  Visit Muz's Homepage Send Muz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Kayo is $25 a month and is always on demand. Really, it isnít a big deal. More coverage is more accessible than ever before.

The great 2019 poll about whether Tricky should be banned or not ended in favour of Tricky staying, 75% to 25%
Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5958 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 04 Feb 2020 :  06:11:15  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
why should I pay? FTA is what this series was built on - **** them. Remember I have been watching the series (and its predecessors) since the 70's

Edited by - Trev on 04 Feb 2020 06:12:01
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17342 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 04 Feb 2020 :  08:43:50  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

why should I pay? FTA is what this series was built on - **** them. Remember I have been watching the series (and its predecessors) since the 70's

And there is no such thing as free to air anyway... it has always been paid for by ads.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.34 seconds.