No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Gen 3 possibly 2022
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22650 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 13 Mar 2020 :  12:34:03  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Keep the posts relevant and on the topic thanks.

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1693 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 13 Mar 2020 :  12:52:55  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Now that Holden can't be used as having even the most tenuous link to the series, it doesn't matter what rules will be used. Nothing will work or be good enough. The supercars business is screwed.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14464 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 13 Mar 2020 :  18:00:16  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by journeyman racer

Now that Holden can't be used as having even the most tenuous link to the series, it doesn't matter what rules will be used. Nothing will work or be good enough. The supercars business is screwed.

I don't know about that, I see a opening now for a fairer more equal and open series....sure some fans will go...but some will come who have stayed well clear up till now...

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 13 Mar 2020 18:02:24
Go to Top of Page

murph_fan51
Team Manager

New Zealand
8281 Posts
joined 13 Dec 02

Posted - 13 Mar 2020 :  18:28:33  Show Profile  Visit murph_fan51's Homepage  Send murph_fan51 a Yahoo! Message Send murph_fan51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

I don't know about that, I see a opening now for a fairer more equal and open series....sure some fans will go...but some will come who have stayed well clear up till now...

Maybe only if it becomes fully FTA. I know a lot of original fans have given up already.
Bring to sport back to the fans, instead of having the fans chase them.

Go to Top of Page

Rampaging Monkey
Team Manager

1906 Posts
joined 18 Feb 06

Posted - 13 Mar 2020 :  18:42:13  Show Profile  Visit Rampaging Monkey's Homepage Send Rampaging Monkey a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Surely there are more people interested in the Supercars series than just Holden supporters?

Why should Holden or Ford be essential to a racing series!?

The Ford Mustang GT or Ecoboost should be the model for Gen 3, but not because it's Ford... It should be because, unlike sedans, the sports coupe class is still relevant in the automotive market as aspirational vehicles and hence it's possible to build a series around BMW 8 Series, Mercedes E Class coupe, Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro and others.
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4572 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 14 Mar 2020 :  09:42:59  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sounds like WAU has 2 series manufacturers on the hook. Just need Gen3 rules finalised & quickly. I hope they can get one of them across the line for 2021.
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14464 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 14 Mar 2020 :  10:33:09  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Love to see WAU change brands, but I don't think Ford are in any rush to change the Stang Joe, better a bird in the hand, than 2 in the bush......doubt Gen 3 will happen before 2022

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 14 Mar 2020 10:39:39
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22650 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 14 Mar 2020 :  13:58:47  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

Sounds like WAU has 2 series manufacturers on the hook. Just need Gen3 rules finalised & quickly. I hope they can get one of them across the line for 2021.

I don't believe that Gen 3 will start before 2022, which is when it's slated for.
There's just too many things that Supercars can stuff up if they rush the introduction of it.

Let's face it, it's only one part owner of one team who opened his mouth without thinking of the ramifications.
Go to Top of Page

JD
V8 Champion

1103 Posts
joined 09 Mar 05

Posted - 14 Mar 2020 :  16:03:10  Show Profile  Visit JD's Homepage Send JD a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Legendary Gerry

Let's face it, it's only one part owner of one team who opened his mouth without thinking of the ramifications.

Exactly and by announcing that they will not be using a ZB in 2021 puts them in a difficult position as its virtually a given the Mustang will be the only alternative available come January 2021.

I foresee a backpedal

Edited by - JD on 14 Mar 2020 16:04:58
Go to Top of Page

DJRford
Team Manager

Australia
10733 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 14 Mar 2020 :  23:12:23  Show Profile Send DJRford a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Can't see any manufacturer signing up right now with this coronavirus uncertainty crap going on. 2022 at the earliest I'd say we'll see another.

_Mford

"This whole thing is just a media beat up and you V8 Supercar fans( another name for suckers, bogans, lowlifes etc ) have taken the bait hook line and sinker." - Champcarman
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4572 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 15 Mar 2020 :  14:24:15  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DJRford

Can't see any manufacturer signing up right now with this coronavirus uncertainty crap going on. 2022 at the earliest I'd say we'll see another.

I don't understand the connect.. Come 2021, Coronavirus will be in our history books!!
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1693 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 15 Mar 2020 :  16:28:15  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Rampaging Monkey

quote:

Surely there are more people interested in the Supercars series than just Holden supporters?

Why should Holden or Ford be essential to a racing series!?

Haven't you two been paying attention to the last 23 years?

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

Legendary Gerry

Australia
22650 Posts
joined 19 Feb 07

Posted - 15 Mar 2020 :  16:57:18  Show Profile Send Legendary Gerry a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3111 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 15 Mar 2020 :  17:30:11  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Itís to late for a totally new generation car to hit the grid by next seasons start. Ryan is spinning **** as no manufacturer will enter for one season knowing the whole concept is going to change for 2022
Go to Top of Page

oldtimer
Team Manager

4501 Posts
joined 19 Jun 11

Posted - 15 Mar 2020 :  18:35:21  Show Profile Send oldtimer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:

Itís to late for a totally new generation car to hit the grid by next seasons start. Ryan is spinning **** as no manufacturer will enter for one season knowing the whole concept is going to change for 2022

Ford says not interested in changing the Mustang for 2021.

Brad Jones wants to continue running the current cars in 2021.

That is 12 cars against changing.

Ryan/WAU want to change for 2021. That's 2 cars.

I can't see any change before 2022 and, as far as I know Ford haven't yet committed to a new car for 2022.

Ford is, after all, bringing out a new Mustang and it is an electric SUV. They might prefer the high rollbar chassis.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/mustang-mach-e/2021/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-electric-suv-photos-performance-release-date/

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/ford-mustang-mach-e-coming-to-oz-121714/

Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16191 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 16 Mar 2020 :  00:04:25  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gen 3 in 2022?

Can't see it happening at all if I'm honest.
Ford have spent millions just to see their work flushed down the ****ter, do we all really think they are going to do that again for 2022?
Who else is going to commit millions on an unknown marketing strategy?
Holden going has far greater ramifications than some thought.
Supercars would be in panic mode over this, they are screwed!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.45 seconds.