No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Gen 3 possibly 2022
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Australia
8888 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 16 Mar 2020 :  08:48:52  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No Gen3 for 2022, teams to switch to TCR.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4607 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 16 Mar 2020 :  08:59:13  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bigem

Ford have spent millions just to see their work flushed down the ****ter, do we all really think they are going to do that again for 2022?

Based on what?

quote:
Originally posted by falcon_cobra

God hope not, those things are **** boxes!!

Edited by - joe5619 on 16 Mar 2020 09:00:07
Go to Top of Page

Fast by Ferracci
Team Manager

10526 Posts
joined 23 Sep 04

Posted - 16 Mar 2020 :  10:00:05  Show Profile Send Fast by Ferracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joe5619

quote:

Are they?

Most of the rest of the touring car world doesnít seem to think so?

Edited by - Fast by Ferracci on 16 Mar 2020 10:02:29
Go to Top of Page

FirstOnRaceDay
Transporter Driver

67 Posts
joined 12 Aug 19

Posted - 16 Mar 2020 :  14:39:30  Show Profile Send FirstOnRaceDay a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fast by Ferracci

quote:

quote:

Are they?

Most of the rest of the touring car world doesnít seem to think so?

I actually wouldnít mind seeing the current Supercars teams and drivers switch over to TCR. Finger crossed FPR homolgate a Focus. Iím waiting for my new Focus ST to arrive :)
Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1698 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 16 Mar 2020 :  16:51:20  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Ford have spent millions just to see their work flushed down the ****ter, do we all really think they are going to do that again for 2022?

Based on what?

quote:

joe proving again that's he's not a genuine racing fan. Just a theatre goer who's interested in the superficial aspect of racing he likes.

I take comfort in know the demise of supercars is partly due to them taking "fans" like joe seriously.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4607 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 16 Mar 2020 :  17:52:49  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by journeyman racer

quote:

quote:

Based on what?

quote:

joe proving again that's he's not a genuine racing fan. Just a theatre goer who's interested in the superficial aspect of racing he likes.

I take comfort in know the demise of supercars is partly due to them taking "fans" like joe seriously.

So because I don't like watching crapy small hatch back bass sounding things, I'm not a fan!!

Good lord & people say I'm out of touch!

And what do you mean by fan? One that buys the car new, one that watches every race, when that attends every local event, one that buys team merchandise every year!! Because I do all of this!! If there was more fans like me, the sport would have not problem & Falcon/ Commodroes would still be the 2 best selling cars in the country, believe you me!!! You don't know **** about me!!

Edited by - joe5619 on 16 Mar 2020 17:59:35
Go to Top of Page

troy01505
Team Manager

Australia
3118 Posts
joined 25 Feb 08

Posted - 16 Mar 2020 :  19:52:59  Show Profile Send troy01505 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Based on what?

quote:

So because I don't like watching crapy small hatch back bass sounding things, I'm not a fan!!

And what do you mean by fan? One that buys the car new, one that watches every race, when that attends every local event, one that buys team merchandise every year!! Because I do all of this!! If there was more fans like me, the sport would have not problem & Falcon/ Commodroes would still be the 2 best selling cars in the country, believe you me!!! You don't know **** about me!!

In his/her/other eyes real motorsport fans donít watch, attend, follow or support Supercars. Only comes here to whinge, bitch and complain.

Iím with you TCR doesnít scratch the itch. Luckily it is not the way the teams and sport will be heading for at least the next gen Supercars.
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Australia
8888 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 16 Mar 2020 :  20:21:21  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by troy01505

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Based on what?

quote:

In his/her/other eyes real motorsport fans donít watch, attend, follow or support Supercars. Only comes here to whinge, bitch and complain.

Iím with you TCR doesnít scratch the itch. Luckily it is not the way the teams and sport will be heading for at least the next gen Supercars.

they made the whole sale change in 1985 after one of the best seasons in 1984, they can and should do it again, then after TCR runs its course, Australia can start again like 1993

_Mford

Edited by - falcon_cobra on 16 Mar 2020 20:24:33
Go to Top of Page

Mechz
Formula Ford Driver

321 Posts
joined 16 Mar 09

Posted - 16 Mar 2020 :  20:25:32  Show Profile Send Mechz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
TCR chassi with a 5L Ford V8 (because they didn't pull the pin on the whole country).

Go to Top of Page

journeyman racer
Team Manager

Australia
1698 Posts
joined 12 Nov 13

Posted - 16 Mar 2020 :  20:32:18  Show Profile Send journeyman racer a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nah, you're a theatre goer. Your interest in motorsport in too narrow. Nobody fair dinkum about motorsport looks at 2 litre cars and goes "those things are **** boxes!!" A normal racing fan looks at 2 litre cars and recognises that it's car racing. They recognise they're 2 litre car and don't think anything of the engine noise. They take it for what it is and that's it.

The Falcon and Commodore would be the 2 best selling cars in the country? That definitely shows how out of touch you are. GM and Ford don't even want to be selling those cars!

I said you were a theatregoer, and that you're interest in motorsport is superficial. That why whatever Gen 3, Gen 4, Gen5, Gen 182 are, it's going to fail. Even if you thought the regs were great, some other "fan" will find something **** about it. Another "fan" will find something else **** about it. It's never satisfy the same "fanbase".

You also don't get that int he evolution of motorsport, the small cars is always supposed to take over from the bigger cars. That's what's happened in the motoring industry, 2 litre cars are the biggest sellers, overtaking 3ltr+ V6s a long time ago. Motorsport in Aus hasn't followed because we have a demented commercial organisation catering to the vested interests of a clique, and fake fans who have no idea of what actual motor racing is supposed to be. It shows with supercars being a series for fake cars.

Keep buying high mark up merchandise you can't wear anywhere other than a race track. Impoverished African nations wouldn't wear them.

No1 fan of James Courtney's ex-wife!

Edited by - journeyman racer on 16 Mar 2020 20:33:34
Go to Top of Page

bigem
A polar bear

Australia
16199 Posts
joined 22 Jun 04

Posted - 17 Mar 2020 :  00:54:38  Show Profile Send bigem a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Based on what?

Based on the fact Penske racing boss Tim Cindric is actively looking at Ford's future involvement in Supercars now that Holden has gone!

And yes, Tim is a very influential player in what Ford do racing wise!

Supercars is for all intents and purposes, dead! They had their chance with other manufacturers, and blew it!

New Commodore Hey! So you used your own money? Would you like to buy a used bridge?
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
1883 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 17 Mar 2020 :  04:28:43  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Nah, you're a theatre goer. Your interest in motorsport in too narrow. Nobody fair dinkum about motorsport looks at 2 litre cars and goes "those things are **** boxes!!" A normal racing fan looks at 2 litre cars and recognises that it's car racing. They recognise they're 2 litre car and don't think anything of the engine noise. They take it for what it is and that's it.

The Falcon and Commodore would be the 2 best selling cars in the country? That definitely shows how out of touch you are. GM and Ford don't even want to be selling those cars!

I said you were a theatregoer, and that you're interest in motorsport is superficial. That why whatever Gen 3, Gen 4, Gen5, Gen 182 are, it's going to fail. Even if you thought the regs were great, some other "fan" will find something **** about it. Another "fan" will find something else **** about it. It's never satisfy the same "fanbase".

You also don't get that int he evolution of motorsport, the small cars is always supposed to take over from the bigger cars. That's what's happened in the motoring industry, 2 litre cars are the biggest sellers, overtaking 3ltr+ V6s a long time ago. Motorsport in Aus hasn't followed because we have a demented commercial organisation catering to the vested interests of a clique, and fake fans who have no idea of what actual motor racing is supposed to be. It shows with supercars being a series for fake cars.

Keep buying high mark up merchandise you can't wear anywhere other than a race track. Impoverished African nations wouldn't wear them.

A real Motorsport fan recognises supercar racing is Motorsport.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Bartlett
Pit Crew

219 Posts
joined 18 Sep 18

Posted - 17 Mar 2020 :  07:10:51  Show Profile Send Bartlett a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Journeyman, I only eat weetbix for breakfast, not any of that other crappy stuff. Does that mean Iím not a real breakfast eater? Who are you to tell people how much of a fan they are, and who really cares? Maybe a Ďrealí fan would be supportive of other motorsport fanatics and recognise it takes all sorts to make this crazy motorsports world go round. I fear it is you, grasshopper, who holds the narrow mind.

Edited by - Bartlett on 17 Mar 2020 07:17:24
Go to Top of Page

ignition
Terminator

2485 Posts
joined 30 Jan 08

Posted - 17 Mar 2020 :  08:20:32  Show Profile Send ignition a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
a real motorsport fan doesn't belittle other motorsport fans because they have different taste in motorsport than you.
Go to Top of Page

joe5619
Team Manager

Australia
4607 Posts
joined 01 Mar 03

Posted - 17 Mar 2020 :  08:33:54  Show Profile Send joe5619 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

1) And yet I was sitting the the Grand Stand at EC for rd1 of TCR last year. Have you even been to a TCR round?
2) I wear my merchandise T-shirts everywhere. I wear it to work on Firdays, to the shops, I even wore it to a NASCAR race in the USA.
3) If you dislike SUpercars so much, why are you here posting? Says alot about you. You don't see me in the TCR page putting it down.

Edited by - joe5619 on 17 Mar 2020 08:44:14
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.55 seconds.