No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 2020 Bathurst Camping
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7356 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 27 Mar 2020 :  14:14:26  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally got a response regarding Bathurst camping for this year - relating to the possible cancellation of the event due to Covid.

quote:
The decision to cancel or postpone any event remains with the promoter and the venues. If Bathurst is cancelled, you will receive a full refund from Ticketek. If Ticketek is notified of any changes to this event we will communicate these with you. More information can be found here.

In regards to the campsite still being yours for the 2021 event, we unfortunately don't have that information right now. If the event ends up being cancelled, the promoters will let us know if that is the case and we will notify customers as soon as we can.

Despite the last sentence, it sounds like it's all go ahead until it's formally cancelled.
You'd have to assume if you bought your spot back - or bought a new spot - you'd be refunded (if cancelled) and hold the rights for the next year.
Otherwise it would effectively wipe the slate clean for 2021, like hell it will.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

fordman
V8 Champion

1319 Posts
joined 11 Oct 10

Posted - 27 Mar 2020 :  14:54:17  Show Profile Send fordman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by skaifeman

Finally got a response regarding Bathurst camping for this year - relating to the possible cancellation of the event due to Covid.

quote:
The decision to cancel or postpone any event remains with the promoter and the venues. If Bathurst is cancelled, you will receive a full refund from Ticketek. If Ticketek is notified of any changes to this event we will communicate these with you. More information can be found here.

In regards to the campsite still being yours for the 2021 event, we unfortunately don't have that information right now. If the event ends up being cancelled, the promoters will let us know if that is the case and we will notify customers as soon as we can.

Despite the last sentence, it sounds like it's all go ahead until it's formally cancelled.
You'd have to assume if you bought your spot back - or bought a new spot - you'd be refunded (if cancelled) and hold the rights for the next year.
Otherwise it would effectively wipe the slate clean for 2021, like hell it will.

I do HOPE if they refund they still keep the rite of refusal for sure cannot see why not?? but there WILL be a riot if everyone has to reapply from scratch.

My concern also is I have front row grandstand tickets have had same seat for a decade they operate same system as camping that we have first dibs on the seat, I too will be ropable if I LOOSE THAT SEAT. don't mind them keeping my money as I have paid even have the ticket.

Go to Top of Page

Trev
Team Manager

Australia
5977 Posts
joined 13 Feb 03

Posted - 28 Mar 2020 :  06:48:13  Show Profile  Visit Trev's Homepage Send Trev a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I see that they have extended the dates

I reserve the right to arm bears
Go to Top of Page

fordman
V8 Champion

1319 Posts
joined 11 Oct 10

Posted - 28 Mar 2020 :  07:02:39  Show Profile Send fordman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Trev

I see that they have extended the dates

What dates are those?
Go to Top of Page

falcon_cobra
Kiss Fanatic

Australia
8877 Posts
joined 02 Dec 04

Posted - 28 Mar 2020 :  08:19:18  Show Profile  Click to see falcon_cobra's MSN Messenger address Send falcon_cobra a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
with only a bit over 3000 confirmed cases in Australia, there still another 25000000 to go, I can not see any sports happening until the end of next year at the earliest.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds.