No banner in farm
V8Central Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | Links | Private Messages
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 V8Supercars Australia
 V8Supercar Series
 Townsvilly: Act 2 (spoliaters)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14736 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 04 Sep 2020 :  06:38:10  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Race weekend again guys, will Jamie dominate again? Will Scotty choke again...will Chaz's tyres suffer spontaneous combustion?- who's your pick?

Pete throws $5k into the mix to spice it up!https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/09/04/adderton-puts-up-5000-hard-racer-prize-for-supercars/ Edit- just seen that Rusty and PM are the judges! Why not just give SVG the cash now?

That's great, it starts with an earthquake
Birds and snakes, and aeroplanes
And Lenny Bruce is not afraid!
"Remember that in the end nobody wins, unless everybody wins!" Springsteen BTR.

Edited by - REM on 04 Sep 2020 06:47:07

mikeamerica84
V8CFL Tsar

USA
1683 Posts
joined 11 Jan 08

Posted - 04 Sep 2020 :  07:24:20  Show Profile Send mikeamerica84 a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Soft tyres this weekend. I did a little research this time before asking.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/08/14/supercars-confirms-tyre-compound-for-townsville-double/

You know, when you look at motorsport across the board these days, this is my best bang for the buck. F1, although predictable, is still entertaining, but does not carry the "wild card" aspect that Supercars does. IndyCar was really good last round at Gateway on the oval (recommend it) but still a tad behind Supercars. NASCAR is not even in the same league with respect to holding my attention.

Just a little opinion from over on this side of the planet....

Back on topic, though, I think it will be VERY INTERESTING to see if Scotty and DJRTP can make the adjustments to run with J-Dub this weekend. AND, can SVG get his straight line speed anomaly figured out?

I would like to see Frosty outleg Pye, too, just to keep the former away from high places that by jumping could end it all.

The V8CFL - Without fantasy, life is simply life
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
2000 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 04 Sep 2020 :  10:25:04  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
4 weekends in a row.

I'm very excited.

Hope no silly haters spoil it.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17772 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 04 Sep 2020 :  12:00:43  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ha! spoliaters at townsvilly :)

hppefully a good weekend

Go to Top of Page

Mechz
Fujitsu Driver

537 Posts
joined 16 Mar 09

Posted - 04 Sep 2020 :  12:06:33  Show Profile Send Mechz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Keen to see what improvements teams will make and who will trip over themselves looking for speed. And hopefully Fabs can pick himself up enough so DJRTP are back on top in the teams.

quote:
Originally posted by mikeamerica84

Soft tyres this weekend. I did a little research this time before asking.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/08/14/supercars-confirms-tyre-compound-for-townsville-double/

You know, when you look at motorsport across the board these days, this is my best bang for the buck. F1, although predictable, is still entertaining, but does not carry the "wild card" aspect that Supercars does. IndyCar was really good last round at Gateway on the oval (recommend it) but still a tad behind Supercars. NASCAR is not even in the same league with respect to holding my attention.

Just a little opinion from over on this side of the planet....

Back on topic, though, I think it will be VERY INTERESTING to see if Scotty and DJRTP can make the adjustments to run with J-Dub this weekend. AND, can SVG get his straight line speed anomaly figured out?

I would like to see Frosty outleg Pye, too, just to keep the former away from high places that by jumping could end it all.

Mike, if you think F1 is entertaining I dare you to watch MotoGP. It will blow your socks off with more action in 1 race than F1 has in a season.

Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7614 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 04 Sep 2020 :  14:05:14  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Penske will make the most improvement. It showed week to week at Darwin.
Also don't see Scott making the same mistakes twice - Fabs on the other hand...

If J-Dub wants a proper crack at the title without needing a hail mary at Bathurst, he has to knock Scott off this weekend.

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14736 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 04 Sep 2020 :  15:03:27  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
But Skaifeman, letís not forget, Scotty is a kiwi, if you look at decades of rugby, Scotty in 2017, SVG most years and Bathurst every year.... kiwis choke under pressure!

Edited by - REM on 04 Sep 2020 15:08:14
Go to Top of Page

djr18fan
Team Manager

New Zealand
2000 Posts
joined 06 Jul 06

Posted - 04 Sep 2020 :  16:10:24  Show Profile Send djr18fan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

But Skaifeman, letís not forget, Scotty is a kiwi, if you look at decades of rugby, Scotty in 2017, SVG most years and Bathurst every year.... kiwis choke under pressure!

These alleged incidents are erased from our memory.

_Mford
Go to Top of Page

skaifeman
Team Manager

Australia
7614 Posts
joined 01 Aug 09

Posted - 04 Sep 2020 :  17:28:35  Show Profile Send skaifeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

"Fordís Bathurst winning bonus didnít even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977
Go to Top of Page

the undertaker
Team Manager

New Zealand
3049 Posts
joined 08 Nov 09

Posted - 04 Sep 2020 :  19:06:54  Show Profile Send the undertaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by REM

They choke on their coffee when they relate all their victories to Ozzies who can't handle that their drivers and rugby team sucks.

Long live King Gentleman Jim, best of the best!
Go to Top of Page

REM
Team Manager

Australia
14736 Posts
joined 27 Sep 03

Posted - 05 Sep 2020 :  07:00:06  Show Profile Send REM a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I use to think in that version of the haka, where the AB drew their fingers across their throats they were mimicking violence.....then I figured out, they were just pointing out their choke line!

https://media4.speedcafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/RJBatteries-Townsville2.pdf

Prac 1 at 10am!

Edited by - REM on 05 Sep 2020 07:00:44
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17772 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 05 Sep 2020 :  11:15:55  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
wonder if they will show what happened to the Skyline? looks like it went in hard and fast :(

Go to Top of Page

Mechz
Fujitsu Driver

537 Posts
joined 16 Mar 09

Posted - 05 Sep 2020 :  12:06:30  Show Profile Send Mechz a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sonic

wonder if they will show what happened to the Skyline? looks like it went in hard and fast :(

Yep he certainly buried it into those tyres.

I notice that the Virgin Aus branding is all gone from the microphones and has been replaced by Repco.

Go to Top of Page

Kytabu
First of the losers

Australia
2876 Posts
joined 31 Dec 08

Posted - 05 Sep 2020 :  13:58:15  Show Profile  Visit Kytabu's Homepage Send Kytabu a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Scotty is a qualifying freak. To pull two tenths when the rest of the top five is separated by hundredths is insane.

This is the fifth time that he has achieved ten pole positions in a single season, and the fourth season in a row. This mark has only ever been achieved nine times in total.

Photography ByKye | Motorsport Photography ByKye
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, **** yeah!"

_Mvolvo
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Australia
17772 Posts
joined 14 Nov 06

Posted - 05 Sep 2020 :  14:06:01  Show Profile Send Sonic a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
slammed 'em... if he can have a clean getaway there won't be a race to watch...

Go to Top of Page

SetonFan
formerly known as SetonDJR18

Australia
1655 Posts
joined 23 Dec 04

Posted - 05 Sep 2020 :  15:36:49  Show Profile  Visit SetonFan's Homepage Send SetonFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mechz

I notice that the Virgin Aus branding is all gone from the microphones and has been replaced by Repco.

Gover refers to the 2021 championship here as the "Repco Supercars Series" - I wonder if this wasn't just a slip of the pen.

https://www.race.news/2020/09/03/bathurst-on-pole-for-2021/

We're all here, we're the Bathurst boys; and you can't hear Richo above the noise...
_Mford
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Share
Jump To:
V8Central Forums © 2001 - 2020 V8Central Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.2 seconds.