News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

F1 2024 Season

Started by mikeamerica84, May 23, 2023, 11:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

Quote from: skaifeman on July 29, 2024, 10:46:54 AMLast night was a great race, and to Madbugger's joy, no team orders at the end ;D.
Shame that George got DSQ'd. He paid full credit to his team after the win, win together, lose together.

It was Lewis' race, so I understand his dumbfoundness at losing. He just got pipped by a hail mary strategy that his own team didn't think would work.
Anyone who was running 2-8 at the time could've done the same, with somewhat a similar result.

Piastri is really starting to prove himself. That mid-stint overtaking Russell and Perez was crucial to his race. Burnt his tyres doing so but had track position and stayed in front.

😁😁😁
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

mikeamerica84

I'll chalk this one up to a split strategy call by Merc.  One stop v. two stop.  With that I can see where team orders were not needed.  Ferrari tried a little of a split by starting Sainz on hard tyres but that didn't pan out as well.  I wish more teams would try this - especially if they are mid-pack runners.

I had no idea Russell was disqualified until I read this.  Too bad but good to see F1 upholding the rules.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

Sainz signs with Williams.

And the rumour is that Checo will stay on at Red Bull for the remainder of the year, with Ric remaining at VCARB.
Lawson has to wait.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

madbugger

Quote from: skaifeman on July 30, 2024, 09:35:15 AMSainz signs with Williams.

And the rumour is that Checo will stay on at Red Bull for the remainder of the year, with Ric remaining at VCARB.
Lawson has to wait.

hard to see Checo there next year, unless he has 4 or 5 wins between now and end of season. You would assume RB or VCARB do not want to lose Lawson, which means either Dan or Checo are gone, unless RB can lease Lawson to one of the dwindling seats that remain.

Or do they put Lawson straight into an RB and leave Dan where he is.  Career defining test coming up for the both of them. If Lawson nails it, DR could be gone.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Sonic

out of the box suggestion here...

they have 'sprint race' weekends on occasion these days... they allow non-current 'main game' drivers to run a session here and there.

why not combine those 2 arrangements? on the sprint weekends make the sprint event for the up-and-comers! they do P1 on Fri. Sat morn they get 1 x 10 minute quali session and the race.

shows us who's got something. rattles the cages of those who have the F1 seats and maybe shuffles things up come contract time. plus it allows the F2 winners (and whoever else may be on contract but no drive) to get good seat time in the current vehicles.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

madbugger

Quote from: Sonic on July 30, 2024, 06:46:08 PMout of the box suggestion here...

they have 'sprint race' weekends on occasion these days... they allow non-current 'main game' drivers to run a session here and there.

why not combine those 2 arrangements? on the sprint weekends make the sprint event for the up-and-comers! they do P1 on Fri. Sat morn they get 1 x 10 minute quali session and the race.

shows us who's got something. rattles the cages of those who have the F1 seats and maybe shuffles things up come contract time. plus it allows the F2 winners (and whoever else may be on contract but no drive) to get good seat time in the current vehicles.

not a bad idea at all. l like it. maybe use last years car, wouldn't want a title contender to have their car destroyed on Saturday and be a no show on Sunday

mikeamerica84

Sonic

Well didn't F1 deliver yesterday??!!

Great races in all 4 events (Porsche, F3, F2, F1)... series champions decided last corner of the last lap in F3, rookie champion to be in Porsche taken out on final lap and loses the title, Ferrari win at Monza.

If more racing weekends were like this the series would be a hell of a lot more 'watch-worthy'!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

Wolff complaints about Williams not employing Schumaker fall rather flat when Schumaker was not good enough for Mercedes.

Just like Williams, Mercedes opted for youngsters, not has-beens.

Speaking of has-beens, there are, in my opinion, far too many critical media comments by some not very good ex-drivers and from a Team Boss Failure, who are employed as F1 Pundits, or even amateur commentators, like Joss Verstappen.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

mikeamerica84

Mick ran up a pretty good repair bill during his time at Haas.

Speaking of Haas, looks like K-Mag is getting one race ban post Monza:  https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/41083366/italian-gp-haas-kevin-magnussen-due-race-ban-amid-penalties

skaifeman

Quote from: Sonic on September 02, 2024, 11:27:18 AMWell didn't F1 deliver yesterday??!!

Great races in all 4 events (Porsche, F3, F2, F1)... series champions decided last corner of the last lap in F3, rookie champion to be in Porsche taken out on final lap and loses the title, Ferrari win at Monza.

If more racing weekends were like this the series would be a hell of a lot more 'watch-worthy'!

This season is really turning out to be an all-timer.
Shades of 2008/09 or 2012 where a variety of cars could take a win on any given weekend.

It certainly helps when an Aussie is within shot too.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

skaifeman

Last night in Azerbaijan was fantastic. Three teams going hammer and tong.

That lunge from Oscar was absolutely impressive, it won him the race (no, duh!).
If he didn't make it then, I don't think Charles lets him past. The depth that he made it from is what made it successful, he caught Charles out.

Was a shame for Checo and Carlos to end up where they did. Dicing with Charles over the final two would've been awesome.

Lando also drove a brilliant race. His small piece for Oscar certainly helped.