News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2025

Started by hsv8fan, July 26, 2024, 06:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertM

I have a feeling Stanaway will be homeless next year.

Ford Faithful

SetonFan

As I mentioned in the SMP thread I think that was the right call to move Stanaway on - but surprised they are going for the Payne / Allen line-up - getting someone like Anton in would have perhaps been a better balance.

Troy01505

He already has a top line co-drive lined up if he fails to secure a full-time seat

AlbertM

It's been reported DJR are trying to get Brodie. Will be interesting who will fill his seat at Erebus given the drama this year.
Ford Faithful

Yamarocket630

Quote from: AlbertM on July 28, 2024, 12:50:25 AMIt's been reported DJR are trying to get Brodie. Will be interesting who will fill his seat at Erebus given the drama this year.

Who in their right mind would want it?  Given all the drama with the team and the near constant turnover of drivers you would have to be desperate for a drive.

Yamarocket630

I know it's wishful thinking, but I would love to see Matt Payne and Brodie at DJR.

Anton hasn't lived up to his potential IMO and while I like Will, I don't think he fights hard enough when he doesn't have the best car. Reminds me too much of Fabs.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: AlbertM on July 28, 2024, 12:50:25 AMIt's been reported DJR are trying to get Brodie. Will be interesting who will fill his seat at Erebus given the drama this year.
You thinking/figuring Anton is out or is Will retiring from full time driving?
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

AlbertM

I'd like ADP move to Grove to replace Stanaway. I'm not sold on Brodie at DJR. Brodie will have to vastly improve his appearance. Having said that, it might be the environment he needs.
Ford Faithful

Sonic

Quote from: Yamarocket630 on July 28, 2024, 03:15:59 AM

Who in their right mind would want it?  Given all the drama with the team and the near constant turnover of drivers you would have to be desperate for a drive.

look at every one of the S2/3 drivers. they would sell their mother for a main game seat. once in, provided they show something 'special', other doors will open
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

mikeamerica84

Quote from: AlbertM on July 28, 2024, 11:17:51 AMI'd like ADP move to Grove to replace Stanaway.
But it looks like Allen is moving there.  Is Anton going anywhere?

skaifeman

So with Allen reported to Grove, that leaves question marks over DJR and PremiAir. Both of which Kostecki has been linked with.
PremiAir feels more Kostecki, but as Albert says, a **** and a shave might do him wonders over at DJR.

Does AdP go back to Erebus, IIRC that didn't end sourly? Or does Hazelwood grab that drive?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on July 29, 2024, 06:54:07 AM
Quote from: AlbertM on July 28, 2024, 11:17:51 AMI'd like ADP move to Grove to replace Stanaway.

Yeah, saw that today.

ADP will be a waste if he doesn't get a plum drive. If he's not moving to Grove, he's better off staying at DJR. ADP and Brodie with Will as enduro driver?

Ford Faithful

stevo qld

Quote from: AlbertM on July 30, 2024, 08:01:06 PM

Yeah, saw that today.

ADP will be a waste if he doesn't get a plum drive. If he's not moving to Grove, he's better off staying at DJR. ADP and Brodie with Will as enduro driver?

I cannot see any logic in DJR selecting ADP over Will Davison for 25.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

mikeamerica84

Quote from: stevo qld on July 30, 2024, 09:19:09 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on July 30, 2024, 08:01:06 PM

Yeah, saw that today.

I cannot see any logic in DJR selecting ADP over Will Davison for 25.

But in the Excellence Awards thread for 2024, ADP has a 12-3 vote lead over Will. 

And those votes were cast by some of the greatest minds in Supercars!   ;D