News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2025

Started by hsv8fan, July 26, 2024, 06:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marvin

I think DJR would be better off leaving Will and Anton where they are and working at pull the rest of the team up. Brodie is a good driver, but dont think he has anthing the current drivers cant offer.

DJR need to drop being the Homolagation team and concentrate on getting back to were they were.

stevo qld

Quote from: Marvin on July 31, 2024, 12:45:17 PMI think DJR would be better off leaving Will and Anton where they are and working at pull the rest of the team up. Brodie is a good driver, but dont think he has anthing the current drivers cant offer.

DJR need to drop being the Homolagation team and concentrate on getting back to were they were.

I agree. Why change.

There are no off-contract drivers who show any significant advantage.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

AlbertM

Quote from: Marvin on July 31, 2024, 12:45:17 PMI think DJR would be better off leaving Will and Anton where they are and working at pull the rest of the team up. Brodie is a good driver, but dont think he has anthing the current drivers cant offer.

Have to agree.

The Homologation stuff should scale back once the AVL testing is done.
Ford Faithful

stevo qld

OPINION:
I decided to look past DJR and, for fun, look at the whole field.

888: I would stick with current drivers, and they seem to agree. 1 and 3 in the current championship and number 1 team.

Tickford: They obviously have competitive cars with Waters a bit erratic and Randle improving. I would keep both. 4 and 7 in current championship and number 2 team.

WAU: Mostert doing well and Woods trying hard. I would definitely keep Mostert. 2 and 17 in current championship and number 3 team.

Grove: Payne is kicking ass and should be retained. Stanaway is obviously a good midfield driver but may be more suitable for GT and co-driving. He is already announced as out. 5 and 13 in current championship and number 4 team.

DJR: The team has had a lot of changes and distractions. I think their best bet is to go for stability and keep Davison and DePasquale. Currently 6 and 11 in the championship and number 5 team.

MSR: Hill and Percat are doing reasonably well. I would keep both. 16 and 19 in the championship and number 6 team.

Team 18: Winterbottom and Raynolds. I would chuck both. If experienced drivers like this can't even make the top half of the field, would Rookies do much worse? Winterbottom would make a good co-driver.14 and 15 in current championship and number 7 team.

Erebus: LeBrocq is currently 11 the. Brodie will undoubtedly leave. It will be interesting to see who joins the rather disrupted team, or even if it will continue under current ownership. Number 8 team.

PremiAir: I would retain Golding, currently 8th and drop Slade, currently 20th. This is essentially a 888 "B" Team using top equipment and 888 academy crew and with adequate funding. I would think that this is the best team for Brodie. Let's see what he can do against Brown and Feeney in the same level cars. Currently number 9 team. It is potentiall a to 3 or 4 team in '25.

BJR: i would keep Heimgartner, currently 12th. I would keep Fullwood, currently 19th, for commercial reasons as long as Middy's pay the bills. Otherwise, Bye Bye. Maccauley Jones, currently 22nd. I would put him in charge of the Super 2 effort as that did with nephew Andrew, but he is the Boss's son. Evans, currently 21st. just isn't cutting the heavy car, small tyres, poor brakes Supercar formula, He is more suited to GT where he is highly valued. Currently 10 and 11 teams. Brad maybe should try a Tickford and drop to two cars while there is a market for his third franchise. Maybe SCT are keeping their seat warm for another Smith, currently racing in Europe.

Cooldrive : I like this team and the owners, but where is the performance? I hope they get it sorted out for '25. Love, currently 23rd. has some good GT credentials and will hopefully come to grips with a Supercar. Courtney, currently 18th. He is a former Champion and is now a consistent mid field runner. He is vastly experienced, even back to F1. I really hope he can help this team progress before he is relaced in '26.

Let the post game commence. ;D

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bloopy

If you hope Love comes to grips with a Supercar, I'll hope the same for Evans. They're both rookies in the category after all.

Team 18 toiled away for a couple of years without finding any trophies, so to have Frosty finding even 1 or 2 now is significant for them.

mikeamerica84

Thanks for chiming in, mate.  Do it more often.  I still have the MARC car theory/option picking at the back of my head.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Marvin

Did I mention that to you or post it here?

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Marvin on August 04, 2024, 09:13:13 PMDid I mention that to you or post it here?
It was a side conversation if I remember correctly.  Of course if I could remember correctly, I would never have to add "if I remember correctly" to my sentences.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

stevo qld

QuoteAdderton commits to Stanaway wildcard amid rocky future
Boost Mobile owner Peter Adderton says he will field Richie Stanaway in another wildcard if the Grove Racing drive does not secure a full-time seat in 2025.

Quote"All those people who think I am wrong about Richie I will as I always have put my money where my mouth is," Adderton wrote on social media.

Mr. Adderton is often mouthing off about almost all aspects of Supercars and his favorite but neglected drivers.

Why doesn't he simply buy a Supercar Team or even a one car team franchise.

And, without any doubt, I believe that a Team could be purchased. Just add money. ;D

https://speedcafe.com/supercars-news-peter-adderton-richie-stanaway-2025-wildcard-future/
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Troy01505

Quote from: stevo qld on August 05, 2024, 04:14:57 PM
Boost Mobile owner Peter Adderton says he will field Richie Stanaway in another wildcard if the Grove Racing drive does not secure a full-time seat in 2025.

Quote"All those people who think I am wrong about Richie I will as I always have put my money where my mouth is," Adderton wrote on social media.

Mr. Adderton is often mouthing off about almost all aspects of Supercars and his favorite but neglected drivers.

And, without any doubt, I believe that a Team could be purchased. Just add money. ;D

https://speedcafe.com/supercars-news-peter-adderton-richie-stanaway-2025-wildcard-future/

He has tried purchasing and rejected, as much as I like people being able to speak freely, I think he is to negative about everything supercars and perhaps his cheque book isn't worth the headache.

Besides, who'd want a constant whinger who knows better then all in history on their books when you can have puppets that speak to the perfect script?

Sonic

money can't buy everything in a closed shop.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

Quote from: Sonic on August 05, 2024, 05:36:53 PM

money can't buy everything in a closed shop.

Mr Brown, the Boss of McLaren F1, when interviewed about the Andretti F1 entry, said that ALL F1 teams are for sale at an appropriate price. Surely the same can be said for Supercars.

Also, there is no commitment for 2025 from the SCT entry and BJR could sell one license, at a price, or even just sell BJR, which hasn't done a lot since brother Kim exited the company.

I would not rule out Erebus yet, although they may baulk at Mr A as a buyer. They don't seem to like him.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

AlbertM

Don't know how true the reports are. Adderton has tried a few times to get a full time car/team on the grid. He tried to buy Tickford surplus licences. He even had a deal to buy a car from 888. Betty turned him down when Erebus was up for sale. I think he said he has given up on owning a team now though.
Ford Faithful

muz

https://speedcafe.com/supercars-news-kai-allen-confirmed-grove-racing-richie-stanaway-replacement-contract-details/

Well, Grove swept in on this one after others gave Allen the space to show his talent. Super cool to see him in there and see the Grove Racing youth combo!

Looking forward to 2025.