News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2025

Started by hsv8fan, July 26, 2024, 06:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Quote from: stevo qld on August 05, 2024, 08:53:53 PM
Quote from: Sonic on August 05, 2024, 05:36:53 PM
Quote from: stevo qld on August 05, 2024, 04:14:57 PM
QuoteAdderton commits to Stanaway wildcard amid rocky future
Boost Mobile owner Peter Adderton says he will field Richie Stanaway in another wildcard if the Grove Racing drive does not secure a full-time seat in 2025.

Quote"All those people who think I am wrong about Richie I will as I always have put my money where my mouth is," Adderton wrote on social media.

Mr. Adderton is often mouthing off about almost all aspects of Supercars and his favorite but neglected drivers.

Why doesn't he simply buy a Supercar Team or even a one car team franchise.

And, without any doubt, I believe that a Team could be purchased. Just add money. ;D

https://speedcafe.com/supercars-news-peter-adderton-richie-stanaway-2025-wildcard-future/

money can't buy everything in a closed shop.

Mr Brown, the Boss of McLaren F1, when interviewed about the Andretti F1 entry, said that ALL F1 teams are for sale at an appropriate price. Surely the same can be said for Supercars.

Also, there is no commitment for 2025 from the SCT entry and BJR could sell one license, at a price, or even just sell BJR, which hasn't done a lot since brother Kim exited the company.

I would not rule out Erebus yet, although they may baulk at Mr A as a buyer. They don't seem to like him.

for sure all would be for sale at a price... but when the sale needs to be approved by outsiders that changes the complexion of things...

if I came past your place tonight and offered you a cool million for your car you'd be all over it... but if mum then steps in and says "that ain't happening" you keep your car and I keep my million.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

What is in for Erebus.

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/new-home-for-championship-winning-kostecki-camaro/

To me, this is looking at moving assets to a private museum of a lot of memorabity before closing Erebus.

What happens to the remnants?

Barry has an interest, but Betty has probably had enough.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

AlbertM

Hardly think moving one redundant race car (a car that was planned to be stuffed and mounted before the team imploded) means the end of Erebus.

Barry has a 50% stake in one of Erebus' REC's.
Ford Faithful

skaifeman

Quote from: AlbertM on August 15, 2024, 10:09:44 PMHardly think moving one redundant race car (a car that was planned to be stuffed and mounted before the team imploded) means the end of Erebus.

Barry has a 50% stake in one of Erebus' REC's.

My thoughts exactly.
Betty clearly has a showroom of cars there, makes sense to stop taking up space at Erebus.

AA suggest that Cooper Murray will be driving for Erebus next year, announcement imminent.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

muz

What happens with Frosty's seat in 2025?

The no contract news feels a bit ominous that this could be the swan song.

But also, Frosty strikes me as the kind of guy that would do a farewell year.

skaifeman

Who would T18 pickup otherwise?

de Pasquale or Kostecki? Sure, I'd drop Winterbottom for them. Unlikely though - T18 isn't so desirable.
Davo (still driving very well) and Slade are on the downward, so may as well stick with Frosty.

Everyone else is sideways or worse. Would they take a punt on Stanaway or Hazelwood?
Otherwise some rookies? Best, Fraser, Dalton, Bates?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

skaifeman

AA is reporting that de Pasquale has signed with Team18:
https://autoaction.com.au/2024/08/27/de-pasquale-to-replace-winterbottom-at-team-18

Extremely left field. I would've thought that PremiAir was a better option.
And the bigger equation, is this it for Frosty? He may be a good get for PremiAir? He's nabbed a few podiums when the car is good.

Does this in part confirm Brodie to DJR? They've lost Allen, who else would it be?

Update: Confirmed Frosty won't be at Team 18.

muz

Quote from: skaifeman on August 27, 2024, 03:29:41 PMAA is reporting that de Pasquale has signed with Team18:
https://autoaction.com.au/2024/08/27/de-pasquale-to-replace-winterbottom-at-team-18

And the bigger equation, is this it for Frosty? He may be a good get for PremiAir? He's nabbed a few podiums when the car is good.

Does this in part confirm Brodie to DJR? They've lost Allen, who else would it be?

ADP to Team18 is unexpected to be honest.

A shame for Winterbottom, he's worked hard there. But he's also had a good run. Probably deserved to go out on his terms though.

AlbertM

I had Frosty leaving T18 as a long shot. Didn't see ADP replacing him.
Ford Faithful

skaifeman

It's a bit of a blindside, Muz and Albert. My post before this all broke outline my thoughts. Especially given AdP is seemingly a happy QLD'er.
Not as bad as Tander I'll say, but it seems Frosty only found out today as well.

It's pretty clear that Frosty and Reynolds are maximising the Team 18 car. Not sure what AdP thinks he'll do with it. Happy to be proven wrong!

AA have a few fair points in their article. Why has AdP ended up there given his connection to Ludo at PremiAir? Grove's also chose Allen over him, given their history (recent Porsche drives) it made sense to link up.
Has Charlie opened up the wallet?

muz

Someone posted on here during the Tassie weekend that ADP just opened the door the whole time and left everyone past.

I have to say, he isn't a street fighter. All his wins have been with a good car. He's fast. So maybe that is why the other teams didn't sign him?

On the Frosty side, there is no issue getting rid of him. But the way T18 have done it is absolutely savage.

Inform one day, announce the next. Didn't even thank the guy publicly first.

How easy Team 18 forget that frosty is the one that took a punt on them! Without him going there, it would have been hard to expand to two cars. He brought a fan base and experience.

Team 18 shafted Holdsworth a few years back and now frosty, and actually in very similar circumstances. Both drivers wanted to do a deal and waited and waited, only to be shafted.

Troy01505

Frosty is still worthy of a spot on the grid, I would have sent Davey packing.

hsv8fan

Quote from: Troy01505 on August 27, 2024, 07:09:52 PMFrosty is still worthy of a spot on the grid, I would have sent Davey packing.
Davey has a 2 year deal and is performing better than Frosty. For Frosty to be told they have signed someone else appears savage, but that is the nature of most cut throat competitive environments. Hope he lands a good co drive somewhere with a chance of winning.

hsv8fan

Quote from: skaifeman on August 27, 2024, 03:29:41 PMAA is reporting that de Pasquale has signed with Team18:

V8 Slueth is saying Kostecki to DJR. https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/djr-poised-to-snare-kostecki-signature/?fbclid=IwY2xjawE6ezNleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHSHTf9Q3RjwhkJ6B0-qKPVms6bj8ebm-DwuAQdAla5PsT1lD_zWLoxlcSQ_aem_X9-aFQAjonNtQqz7WGONhw

Troy01505

Quote from: hsv8fan on August 27, 2024, 07:23:10 PM
Quote from: Troy01505 on August 27, 2024, 07:09:52 PMFrosty is still worthy of a spot on the grid, I would have sent Davey packing.
Davey has a 2 year deal and is performing better than Frosty. For Frosty to be told they have signed someone else appears savage, but that is the nature of most cut throat competitive environments. Hope he lands a good co drive somewhere with a chance of winning.

Frosty has a reasonable record but has been held back by loyalty. Davey has a Bathurst win and a whole lot of mistakes. Hopefully frosty lands a top class co drive with triple 8 or Chaz